Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wardies team - looking for help.

4 posters

Go down

wardies team - looking for help. Empty wardies team - looking for help.

Post  wardie Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 am

Hi guys,

New to this site but it is very informative. Interested to know your poinions on the team i have put together.

B: GODDARD, DRUMMOND, HODGE, WAITE, ADCOCK, HUNT, RAINES (MAGUIRE, TRENGROVE)

MID: GAJ, BARTEL, COTCHIN, COONEY, WALKER, MARTIN (BASTINIC, KAYLER-THOMPSON)

RUCK: KRUZER, SANDI (WARNOCK, LOBBE)

FOR: PAV, ROK, TIPPET, POLKINGHORN, MAYNE, BURTON, ZIEBEL (PODSIADLY, ROBERTS)

Only have 11k left in bank and not sure about the forwards or my 7th back in raines.

Any suggestions from the 'experts'??

Thanks guys i know it is hard before NAB cup but we can only try.

wardie

Back to top Go down

wardies team - looking for help. Empty Re: wardies team - looking for help.

Post  fatcat Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi Wardie,

you could possibly look at playing someone instead of rainesm not too sure what his role will be. Waite is also a maybe given he's coming back from injury and no definate round 1 starter. Maybe a Ladson, Kenelly or someone like that could be a option.

In the mids not sure about Cotchin, he's still only training two days a week as a result of his injuries. Maybe Masten, Trengrove or Shuey?

In the forwards do you really want a 32 year old with recent injuries who's no longer the focus of his forward line, especially when you've got his teammate in there, odds on both of them aren't going to score well too often at the same time. with the money saved from the cotchin downgrade or maybe wait, you could go up to a Dangerfield (more mid time this year apparently) or someone else.

Also will roberts get a game? or even podsiadly (early on anyway), no use picking rookie cash cows if they aren't playing early
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 pm

overall I think you've done ok..my concerns like fatcat said is Raines..mids I would like to bring to your attention 4 xcl rookies this year namely Martin..Scully Trengrove and Bastinac, 2 of which you have, but with Scully and Trengrove as well could be the cash cows we are all looking for, no time for Cotchin in there.... I believe this is where the good money for upgrades is coming from this year..(my perception only )..with your backs I would like to see Kennelly slot in there..good price and i'm very sure he's gonna make some good money for an upgrade while being a regular in the swans team cos of his relationship with Roos ..Rucks are great!! love to see you make room for Dangerfield, rumour has it this is his season.good luck for coming season !!
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Great feedback guys, I like the Kennelly upgrade that you guys are suggesting I had him but wanted to make room for GAJ so had to downgrade him to Raines, I have a smokey that is around the same value in R.HAYDEN at freo. I know he was injured last year but with a young list i expect him to play a senior role this year. Anyone else think that he is a possible cheap pick up?

I alos understood that Dangerfield was injured? or at least on a modified program that is the only reason that i do not have him at this stage of the year. And there is definatly value in the rooks on the mids and that is certianly where the $$ will be made ths year but starting 2 rooks on the ground is a little risky, i know MARTIN is assured a spot round 1 but i have not heard much out of the melbourne camp regarding SKULLY and TRENGROVE wisper was SKULLY was not advanced asw much as they had hoped?

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:52 am

Just commenting on your smokey pick in R.HAYDEN i think you are spot on there, he looks very cheap at his price and provides freo with good run off the backline. Only thing to take into account it weather he is capable of playing 12 - 15 games in previous years his been lucky to make double digits for games playied so just be vary wary of that. Other then that though there are alot of players in the same boat, J.HUNT, R.LADSON so its all gonna come down to the pre season. Be sure to check out as many games as you can this week which should give you a good insight into how these guys are traveling.

Will try to keep you posted with as much as possible Smile

Cheers Mate

Roachie!
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:05 am

thanks roachy, I also see GREENWOOD from north as great value. He should be playing more time in the middle as was spoken about after norths practice match. At only $260k he is bound to rise and should constistantly score around the 60-70 mark. there seems to be some good value in the backs if you don't want to get the premiums.

with HUNT, LADSON, HAYDEN and GREENWOOD i think that NAB cup form will be dictate who we select.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:11 am

From what i read so far GREENWOOD looks to be tranning solid and ready to go! I think correct me if im wrong he play 12 games last year which is great for his first season. So im confident with north not being as strong he will get at least 18 - 20 games which should see his price increase. Looks like a solid pick to me so keep your eye on him pre season, only concern is they do tend to play him as a tagger which means low points but at his price you'd be happy with 60 - 70 points no worries!

Cheers Mate

Roachie!
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down