Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wardies team updated

4 posters

Go down

Wardies team updated Empty Wardies team updated

Post  wardie Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 am

Ok, I think everyone is going to have the same idea now that all the cash cows are going to be in the mids this year. I have made a team that i think is strong but is it too risky. i think we need at least 3-5 rooks in middle with enables us to load up in other areas. NOt sure who should start on field in rooks but that can be sorted out later. What are peoples thoughts in this team? NOt sure about TIPPET i have sort of only got him so i can use his MPP flexibility. Is someone else better value, I had DANGERFIELD but upgreade to TIPPET.

BACK: Goddard, Enright, Drummond, Hodge, Shaw, Kenelly, Hunt (maguire, Davis)

MID: Ablett, J Selwood, Morabito, Martin, Trengrove, A.Walker (Shuey, Bastinic)

RUCK: Sandi, Luenberger (Warnock, Lobbe)

FORWARD: Chapman, Okeefe, Pav, Tippet, Zeibel, Polkonghorne, MAyne (Hitchcock, D.Stewart)

Few player i am a bit unsore of. I see Luenberg as a potential cash cow as he is so cheap and WILL play every game if fit.

Have 20k left in bank.

Thoughs appreciated.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Wardies team updated Empty Re: Wardies team updated

Post  Dom Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:55 am

Hey Wardie,
pretty good team you got there.
backline is packed with only drummond a concern. a great sc player but is bound to miss sometime each year. worth the risk imo.
mids are alright. not sure if walker is worth it. really injury prone and hasn't played much on field.
rucks are ok. a premium-cheap option. maybe choose somebody not as injury prone as leu. also he is fighting for number 1 or 2 ruck with charman and maybe clark. good cash cow if he is fit.
like the forwards alot. chappy injury prone witht he hammies but can score highly each game he plays. my forwards ending witht he same 3. Very Happy
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks DOM, I am prepared to take the risk with both LUENBERG as well as WALKER. with the price of LUENBERG it allows me to get CHAPPY in forwards which i think will be more valuable than say a KRUZER in rucks, also with the addition of TIPPET i have some cover using the MPP rule should something happen to him.

The way see WALKER is that i will have sufficent cover on bench should he go down but he is super fit and as a number 2 (i think) draft pick he has a lot of potential. I am just not sure if having so many rooks in the mids is too risky early doors, i think it will work the key is ensuring that we pick the correct rookies that will play.

If i downgraded DRUMMOND/ENRIGHT to say a LADSON or someone around the $300-350k mark i could get another premium mid but i am not sure there is any benifit in doing that. It just seems that there is no value in back/forward to have a rookie starting on the field in any of those positions.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:15 am

personally and I mean personally..I would go Riewoldt anytime b4 even considering chappy (hammy..buggered if i'd try to even find the extra 9K to have him) probably even fev..man i don't like that guy in a team anymore... Rolling Eyes affraid cheers nick doing a hard pre season to try and overcome his slow starts..and he's doin real good.....so far!!!
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:26 am

MMM... Like your thinking on ROO but i see CHAPPY as an x factor amongst a few forwards that are consistant, CHAPPY has that potenital to pull the big 150's which win games. He has had a nice preseason with the body going well. My only problem with ROO is that he hardly ever pulls a score of 120+ alough he is constistant he does not really win you games for the price you pay for him. Thats my opinion anyway, in saying that i have only 1 ST Kilda player so he may be worth looking closer at.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Antman Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:06 am

wardie I would downgrade one of your backs to ladson I also reckon its walker year this year(too cheap to pass up)and upgrade polk and mayne to maybe danger and medhurst or bob murphy b hall or petterd
Antman
Antman

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:21 am

I actually did something similar antman, Downgraded CHAPPY to GIA and then allowed me to upgrade and get DANGER for POLKINGHORNE but i am thinking that i might have to change MAYNE to POLKINGHORNE as he will get more time in the mids but i will wait till we see MAYNE and the role he plays in the freo team, so many questions that we don't have answers to!

By doing what i did i still have 90k in bank as well just not sure where to use the extra $$ yet. Obvious place would be to add it to the midfield but don't want to miss out on any of the rookies.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:41 am

Mayne likely to stay inside the forward 50.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down