Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of my team

+3
freezer
Dav
Kosta
7 posters

Go down

What do you think of my team Empty What do you think of my team

Post  Kosta Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:39 pm

I was just wondering what others think of my team and what changes i can make to make my team better!
Anyway this is my team:

Defenders
Goddard, Drummond, Gilbee, Gilbert, Dawson, Houlihan, Grimes (Grima, Raines)

Midfielders
Bartel (c), Judd, Mitchell, Power, P Bergyone, Kerr (Joseph, De Boer)

Rucks
Cox, McIntosh (Spencer, Jacobs)

Forwards
Davis, Pavlich, S Johnson, Goodwin, Higgins, Franklin, McGlynn (Walker, Ballantyne)

So what do you guys think?
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

What do you think of my team Empty Re: What do you think of my team

Post  Dav Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Kosta,
Firstly how many trades do you have left & cash in the kitty? The players I would would look at trading out would be McGlynn, Kerr & Houlihan. Whilst Buddy is not performing yet I would not trade him yet as the hawks are getting their better players back now so would expect his performances to improve ( I hope so because I have him also!). It all depends on how much cash, trades as to who to trade in.McGlynn > Didak, Akermanis or Boomer Harvey, Houlihan > Hodge or Gram, Kerr > Boyd or wait for Pendelbury price drop in a month after he gets back.They would be good options in my opinion. Could not agree more about your comments on the great Richo in your other post - true champion of the game.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  freezer Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Pretty solid team. I would look at upgrading Kerr (too inconsistent), Dawson and McGlynn. How are you going for trades and money?

freezer

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:16 am

Great - team. Not too many changes required here.
As the others said - it depends on how many trades you have left.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:38 am

i have 5 trades left with $143,780
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 am

Given you have 5 trades I would sit tight for a few weeks. Team is quite solid. You have Ballantyne on the bench so if he lives upto expectation he can be put on the field instead of McGlynn thus saving a trade.Dawson has been a surprise packet this year- no need to trade him yet. Houlihan bit inconsistent but at least playing - you could even put Grima on the field instead, has been playing well for the roos lately. Your immediate concern is Kerr. Don't know his current price - guessing around 320K? now - do not want to trade him at rock bottom price. Eagles play hawks at home, then Demons away so see how Kerr plays over the next few weeks. He has had a break, playing 2 teams not in great form so might just get some decent scores, have price rise. Then you can upgrade to a more consistent scoring midfielder.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:46 am

I am hoping for Mcglynn to reach 400,000 and then ill trade him for a didak or O'keefe. With Kerr, he has been inconsistent but i feel for the bloke as he has had some tought jobs every week being tagged out of the game.

But I have a big question!!!
Should I keep Dawson or houlihan for the rest of the year or should i trade them both?
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:58 am

Only problem is Didak's price will sky rocket after this week. Has a BE of -12, O'Keefe price is in the mid 500 k's so might be hard for you to afford with 144K in bank. Dawson & Houlihan can stay for awhile, possible trade later but I assume you are in contention for finals in your league so need to keep them up your sleeve. As Roachie has pointed out in the Trade Room section it is important to see save about 4 trades for finals. I have 5 left & have no intention of trading unless a long term injury strikes as I am leading my league so no need to use them up. I even played 1 short last week with Drummond out. Might even play short this week with Cox in doubt.Save your trades
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Eyes Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:00 am

Is your priority to win your league, or to finish as high overall as possible?

For league win, if you are confident of finishing top 8, you need to milk as much money out of your cash cows and midrangers as possible.

Then come finals time, execute your upgrades.

With 5 trades it is unlikely you will be able to upgrade more than ONE player. The others are likely to be for injuries.

When upgrading, keep in mind which player has the highest ceiling. Houlihan, when firing can score hundreds. Dawson, while being an unbelievable cash cow this year hasn't reached massive scores.

Summary: Be patient and hold off for a few weeks. A backline upgrade to Drummond in a few could be great.

If you have your heart set on upgrading Kerr, in about a month Pendlebury will very cheap. Good timing for the finals ;-)

Cheers

Snake Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:07 am

Snake eyes,
Are you the man currently ranked no. 1 in supercoach this year? If so, many congrats & welcome to our site. How lucky are you Kosta getting advice from the number 1 man in supercoach! Good points raised re getting Drummond & Pendelbury down the track when their prices drop.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 am

Great advice boys and agree with all the points made. Very imporatant to try and save 4 trades for finals as they will really come in handy come finals time. I know with everyweek there is always great trades and great ideas to improve your team but if possible just try to think towards the later round as they will be the most important.

Roachie highly suggests to save trades if you can Smile you'll be thankful you did come round 17,18,19!

Cheers Guys

The Roach
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:15 am

i have already got drummond snake eyes, but pendlebury for kerr seems like a very good trade

thanks for the advice guys!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Eyes Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:27 am

Kosta wrote:i have already got drummond snake eyes, but pendlebury for kerr seems like a very good trade

thanks for the advice guys!

So you do, my bad...

Well a few more will come into consideration.

Watch Hodge over the next month, he could be a good pickup if the Hawks start improving and he gets full fitness.

Fisher will drop in price over the next 3 weeks, but not looking as good a pick as last year with Gilbert's influence.

Cheers

Snake Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Yep must agree with the fisher comment, i am a big saints fan and fisher has definatley been overshadowed by gilbert ad i cant see much changing for the rest of the year. It may get even worse if the saints lose max or dawson so i would stay away from the fish
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down