Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some help sorting my team out for the business end.

+2
Kosta
bonnie doon thirds
6 posters

Go down

Need some help sorting my team out for the business end. Empty Need some help sorting my team out for the business end.

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:07 am

O.K we are getting to the business end of the season and i need a little bit of help in planning my upgrades. I am sitting 3rd in my main league and 4th in my other league. I have 5 trades left and $370,000 in the kitty. Here is my team:

Need some help sorting my team out for the business end. Scrd1410

Here is what i am planning:

Next week: Trade Andrew Collins out for Liam Anthony. This will give me 4 trades and about $670,000 in the kitty.

After that i will upgrade Cale Hooker for possibly Josh Drummond or someone of a similar ilk.

Then will look at upgrading Mitch Brown to a Brent Harvey or Matthew Pavlich.

Then as finals get closer i would hope either Liam Anthony or Beau Muston have increased enough in value to add another $250,000 and get a premium midfielder.

So all up this is what i am thinking;

OUTS
Hooker
M. Brown
Muston
Collins

INS
Anthony
Drummond
Pavlich
Premium Mid (Davis, Pendlebury, Dal Santo)

What do you guys think?
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Need some help sorting my team out for the business end. Empty Re: Need some help sorting my team out for the business end.

Post  Kosta Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:22 am

get rid of kreuzer for sandilands, downgrade hooker and youll get some good cash to get sandilands, and then hurley will be ready to cover for the loss of hooker!!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Need some help sorting my team out for the business end. Empty Re: Need some help sorting my team out for the business end.

Post  Kosta Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:26 am

thats your backline set, you need to get rid of collins for a player that averages over 100 and then your mids are set, your rucks are then set with cox and sandilands

and then the forward line, you need to get rid of brown for pavlich and then that leaves with 1 trade for an injury and youll be set

Thats how ill go with it
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:51 am

Interesting Kosta, I had never even considered a Kruezer to Sandilands trade. I would rather upgarade Hooker than downgrade him to be honest.

I suppose it depends on how cheap i can upgrade Hooker, Collins and M.Brown for. If i can get bargains like Pendlbury, Drummond and Pavlich then Sandilands could be an option with my last trade.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:59 am

I just had another look Kosta and once i trade Collins down to Liam Anthony I will have the following players that i could upgrade:

Hooker (Drummond)
Muston (Dal Santo)
Kruezer (Sandilands)
M.Brown (Pavlich)

Now i will only be able to afford to do three of those trades. So if i had to pick one player out of those four that i have to keep in my team and have on the field in finals it would be Kruezer.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:48 am

Hey Mate Roachie here!

All the trades you said in your first post are great. I would deffently try to work towards those plans. Kruzer for Sandilands isn't a very wise move so i wouldn't be trading there as Kruzer will score around 60 - 80 most weeks and Sandliands will score 90 - 110 so really its only a 50 to 50 points swing. Where as a Hooker for Drummond could almost be a 80 - 90 point swing.

The only thing we have to be careful with here is just sometimes our plans gets runied by injuries. It's important we save our trades just incase something goes wrong down the line. Example of this was M.Pavilch this week, pulled his calf and now out for 3 - 4 weeks could be more depending on how well freo are traveling. So it's very imporatant to have these great upgrade plans but also very imporatant we have some back up plans.

Hopw that makes sence.

Cheers Mate

The Roach

P.s keep the posts and questions coming more then welcome to help anytime. Smile
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am

Thanks Roachie, Regarding Pavlich thats why i named him as a possible trade opportunity as he will have a high break even and should drop in price significantly when he returns. I guess while i am getting away with wins i can sit tight but opportunities like Liam Anthony will not come around every week so il probably make that trade first and then just wait and see how things eventuate with Pavlich, Pendlbury, Harvey and Drummond before bringing them in. I am more than happy to change plans but i guess i am just naming those players at the moment because they are some of the high quality players that are going to drop in price over the next few weeks.

Pendlbury and Drummond i am very confident in getting as they are in teams that will be gearing up for the "real" finals. Harvey and Pavlich i am not so sure about as their teams won't be playing finals. With only 3 saints in my side (Riewoldt, Goddard and Gilbert) i might have room for either Dal Santo or Montagna depending on how their price fluctuates over the next 5 or 6 weeks.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Bonnie doon thirds,
Agree with the Hooker>Drummond trade when Drummond's price drops, Collins> Pendelbury after his price drop also. Both wise choices but as you & Roachie have stated it depends on injuries- never plan to far ahead in Supercoach, things change every week. As an alternative to Pavlich, Harvey ( good point that both play for bottom teams this year) as your forward upgrade for M Brown keep an eye on Kosi. i know he is a risk but he seems to have overcome his injury problems. Scored over 100 last week. At 423K at the moment, BE of 128, saints playing cats this week so Scarlett will probably play on him so good chance he will have a price drop.Saints have a great draw after this week, most teams will focus on double teaming Riewoldt allowing Kosi to be one out with his direct opponent. He is one of the best marks in the comp so might be worth the risk. Just something else for you to ponder!
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 am

Yeah nice call Dav, Getting kosi could save me some coin too allowing me to make those better upgrades in the midfield. Certainly like your point and will keep an eye on Kosi this week.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:59 am

O.K i have actually worked out a better trade plan (if everything goes well over the next few weeks).

Trade out Garlett for Kosi, This will finalise my forward line and give me M.Brown on the bench for finals.

Trade out M.Robinson for Liam Anthony.

Trade out Collins for Pendlebury. This will give me a solid midfield with Muston and Anthony on the bench.

Trade out Hooker for Drummond. This will finalise the defence with Hurley or Greenwood likely to return and sit on the bench for me.

That will leave me with one trade for a LTI before finals.

I guess this works better than my previous idea as it leaves better players on the bench for finals.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:19 am

Plan looks great Bonnie doon thirds - but you are going to be in the same boat as me in terms of only 1 trade left for finals which is not ideal. It is a gamble but I guess your hand is forced. At least you have cover if someone has a short term injury though. I assume you are waiting till next week before doing Garlett> Kosi trade with Kosi's high BE this week, Robinson > Anthony trade after Anthony's 2nd game next week also? If you can handle being low on trades & think it worth the risk go for it. In your situation I would but i don't mind taking the risks if the rewards are worth it.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:00 am

Yeah definitely going to wait a week Dav, I know i will be light on trades but i will have reasonable bench cover so i am happy to take the risk. I can either have Muston, Hooker and M.Brown on the ground for the next 6 or 7 games, Or i can bring in Drummond, Kosi and Pendles and have them on the ground, If someone gets injured i just go back to Muston or Hooker or M.Brown Smile
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 am

DAV OR ROACHIE HELP ME!!!

O.K I am playing another top 2 player in both leagues this week. I have Goodwin, Muston and Robinson all not playing in my midfield. I was going to trade Robinson to L.Anthony next week but should i maybe do it this week so i have cover?

I also have no cover for Cox but i am not overly concerned about that.

I think even if i do trade Anthony in i still will lose both games as having Goodwin and Cox out is too big a loss against a top side.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 am

I would go for Anthony this week, he looks as though he will be good bench cover for the duration 28 Possesions in his first game, in the NAB cup he scored a 121, 100 and an 81, going off those stats he would have been the rookie gun of the year, maybe a keeper if you run into injury trouble, Carlton wielded the axe and Robinson still missed out and I doubt if Muston will play again so you need bench cover. They say Goodwin could not turn of straight line running so would be a concern next week as well!

I have the same problem in my forward line with Pav, Warren and Macaffer and may have to move forward without any cover into finals.

Does your opponent have Cox?

This would leave you in a great cash position and maybe a rookie keeper.

I am low on trades as well and have Otten as well as Danger on the pine so I just cant justify bringing him in ATM but next week he may be involved in a double trade in with Ablett!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 am

Yeah i think your are right Tony, I might grab him now and he can give me cover for the next week pr so until Goodwin returns, Then i will throw him on the bench as an emergency for the rest of the year.

One of my opponents has Cox and the other doesn't, I can't really do a lot in my ruck department i just have to hope the rest of my team lifts.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:09 am

Bonnie Doon Thirds,
I agree with Tony- get Anthony this week in trade for Robinson.As Tony has pointed out his NAB cup was great & I watched him last week. Played like an experienced AFL player, I would not be surprised if he scores around the 80 point mark again this week which is a solid score, gives you a chance of winning.Many teams are having injury problems at the moment :- I have Cox, Drummond, Pav all sidelined this week & had to trade Gia out ( went for Reiwoldt by the way- 50K left for Rich upgrade). Getting worried about Cox- have a friend who knows one of the Eagle assistant coaches. There is a suspicion he has OP, they will have to manage him very carefully for the rest of the year thus reducing his game time. With Natanui now in the team, Lynch doing well in the ruck also, I am getting concerned about what his scoring output will be from now on & how regularly he will play especially with the Eagles out of finals contention. Will let you guys know if I hear anymore.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:56 am

Yeah thanks Dav, I did the Robinson to Anthony trade so i should only be playing one short this week with Cox out. If Cox starts to go downhill i might look at bringing in Sandilands for finals. See how it pans out.

Good get with Riewoldt by the way. Should have a great finish to the season.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:25 am

keep cox for the finals no matter what!!!!!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Rival Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:46 am

Not no matter what! what if he did his knee in his next game?
But i agree dont trade him out, hes on his way to his 5th all australian.
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 pm

you know what i mean
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down