Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team for 2010

+2
bonnie doon thirds
sobeyyy
6 posters

Go down

Team for 2010 Empty Team for 2010

Post  sobeyyy Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:22 pm

This is my first team 4 the year. What do people think?

D: Goddard, Lake, Hodge, Waite, Kennelly, Hunt, Maguire (Talia, Sheppard)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Vince, Burgoyne, Trengrove, Martin (Moles, M.Barlow)
R: Clark, Naitanui (Roughead, Lobbe)
F: Riewoldt, Fevola, Franklin, Tippett, Hall, Medhurst, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Podsiadly)

Ive got 281,000 in the bank, not sure no bernie vince bit injuried at the moment. Are there any good back rookies, bound 2 play?
Anything will help, Thanks

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Team for 2010 Empty Re: Team for 2010

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Reasonably strong team Sobey, Not too sure about Brian Lake to be honest. Great footballer but i dont think you could consider him a premium supercoacher. If you could upgrade him to Enright your DEF would look a lot stronger. Just keep an eye on Waite and make sure he is in good nick for round 1 which is looking more and more likely.

MIDs are good and i am sure Vince will be fine. I am dead set against Shaun Burgoyne - He has injury issues (Hamstring strain this week), Getting old, New team etc PLUS he keeps out a rookie from your team which is a likely cash cow. IMO you need to either upgrade him to a premium or downgrade him to a rookie. The way it is you are going to make no money on him AND have to burn a trade during the season to get him out so you either save a trade by upgrading or make money on that trade by using a rookie (and there are lots to pick from in the MIDs) All your other MIDs are good solid choices.

Not a huge fan of NICNAT as second ruck as he will be up and down and dont kid yourself he will give you some 30's during the year. Will be great to watch but it depends how consistent you want your side to be....speaking of consistency lets look at your forwards....

This is without doubt the most erratic forward line i have seen. All capable of MASSIVE scores but also capable of failures. In one week Franklin, Fevola, Tippet, Roo, Hall and Medhurst could all get over 125 points each.... Having said that all of those guys except roo could give you a 50 one week... Out of Franklin, Fevola, Hall and Medhurst i would probably change two of these guys to more consistent scorers like Pavlich, Higgins etc. However if you want the car that group might be just the way to get it because if they all fire at once you will go BIG. You just need to realise that there will be games where your FWD group average about 65 each....

Solid team overall, You will find you will get 2400 one week and 1700 the next with a side like this which is not a problem as long as you are comfortable with that and realise it early.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 am

bonnie is all wrong purely cause i'm tired of agreeing with him!!! Evil or Very Mad

I hope this is small enough not to be able to be read but I agree with what bonnie said
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:37 am

haha Fatcat i can read it Smile I think what i am saying is common sense so if you get in first occasionally i will have to agree with you Smile
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  sobeyyy Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:05 am

thanx for the reply guys,
bonnie doon, i ditched nicnat 4 david hille (more consistent) and got rid of burgoyne 4 goodes, and lake 4 enright, but i think i may stay with lake still to give some money 4 fwd change. Or would heath shaw be a good bet? This is what i have now:

D: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Waite, Kennelly, Hunt, Maguire (Talia, Sheppard)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Vince, Goodes, Trengrove, Martin (Moles, M.Barlow)
R: Clark, Hille (Roughead, Lobbe)
F: Riewoldt, Fevola, Franklin, Tippett, Hall, Medhurst, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Podsiadly)

Thats with 27,000 left. What fwd options would u change that are more consistent options then what i have???
Thanx

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 am

Goodes will struggle early because he will have a different role but he isn't the worst selection. He should be in your forward line though not in your MIDs. There is a strategy behind that but i cant be bothered explaining lol. Basically if they can play two positions keep them out of the midfield...

Pavlich is probably the most consistent premium forward other than Roo.

Your defence certainly looks stronger with Enright in there. MID's look better with an extra premium however i am not convinced Goodes is the best selection. With the money you have you could switch him to Dal Santo or Sellwood and upgrade a forward to Goodes later in the year when he drops in price...

The team is certainly looking better.

Fatcat will be here in a minute to agree with me i am sure Smile
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  sobeyyy Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 am

lol,, yeah thanx mate

i got rid of goodes for either mitchell or dal,,, might pick up goodes later on in the year as a fwd. What are some good backline rookies,,not too many this year??

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:09 am

Good backline rookies are non existent so far this year. A lot of people will use older players that are cheap as bench cover namely Waters and McGuire. I am sure a couple will pop up by round 3 though. Sheppard and Davis are worth keeping an eye on.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  sobeyyy Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:36 am

Yeah,,, maybe even a rick ladson might be okay aswell. Do u think maybe putting three rookies (e.g tregrove, martin & jetta (or even cunnington - looks good) or moles) in the midfield is a good or bad idea (instead of the dal / mitchell idea), as i was thinking there is a tonne of money to be made in the midfield this year as there are so many good rookies. (trengrove, martin, jetta, morabito, scully, moles, barlow, sloane, cunnington e.t.c). As for previous years trying 2 get a great team first up doesnt quite work, as 2 make a better team you need more money... ?

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 pm

I am running with 3 MID rookies with the thought that it saves me having an extra rookie in DEF or FWD. This gives me a much stronger spread over the ground with the MIDs being a little bit weaker. Look at it this way: You need to have a rookie on the ground somewhere are you better to have a good rookie in the MIDs or an average one in DEF or FWD?
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi sobeyy,
strong team.
like the backline with enright in. probably the best defender behind goddard. will have to wait and see about the rookies like bonnie said.
lots of people are going for 3 rookie mids. i might be too.
forward line is interesting. alot of KPP. i personally don't like the idea of that. i would change fev for pav and swap out madhurst. if you look at his averages from past years, only in 08 did he have an 88 average. the next best year he has had was a miserable 62 average. don't mind hall and tippett as they will be up and down but should turn out good in the end (hall if he keeps calm and collected). if you decide to got with 3 or 4 of them you might score 600 one week from them and 150 the next. i like a rollercoaster with little bumps not mountains.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  damien07 Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:34 am

Yeh i would change Medhurst for Gia seeing as you have $281K to play with. Much more consistency there. A lot of people are also jumping on Ziebell in the FWD line, and he is a straight swap for Medhurst. This would mean your forwards have some consistency as well as HUGE potentital for big scores.

damien07

Back to top Go down

Post  sobeyyy Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:43 am

Yeah im thinking im having 3 rookie mids. Good point bonnie about having better rookies in the midfield. Who is a betta choice: cunnington or jetta or morabeto, cause i think trengrove, martin, moles and barlow might be a good choice. This is what i have now, quite happy with it actually:

D: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Waite, S. Thompson (NM), Kennelly, Hunt (Talia, Maguire)
M: Ablett, Dal, Vince, Trengrove, Martin, Jetta (OR) Cunnington (Moles, M.Barlow)
F: Riewoldt, Pav, Fevola, Franklin, Tippett, Hall, Rockliff (Hitchcock (OR) T.Taylor, Podsiadly)

$21,600 in the bank
Think rookies mid are a safer bet, as there arn't many good defender rookies. Not sure on how fev will perform by looking at the nab cup, but i suppose he is a big tym player. Was thinking maybe harvey for him, and was trying to get ROK for pav or brown for fev, but 2 do this would have got 2 swap enright 4 lake, but enright does look a better option.

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 am

Hey Bonnie doon being a boy from warburton yrs ago it seems to me with your wisdom and football knowledge a question comes to mind.. Why tha hell haven't you made the Reserves yet??
Bonnie Doon Seconds now hows that sound...gotta luv that bud!!! Laughing
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:55 am

haha linkster, Yeah a couple more seasons in the thirds and i might get a run in the twos :p

(truth be told i have played the last 7 years in the seniors, I'm still a dud though :p)
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  sobeyyy Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:29 am

Yeah im thinking im having 3 rookie mids. Good point bonnie about having better rookies in the midfield. Who is a betta choice: cunnington or jetta or morabito or even scully, cause i think trengrove, martin, moles and barlow might be a good choice. This is what i have now, quite happy with it actually:

D: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Waite, S. Thompson (NM), Kennelly, Hunt (Talia, Maguire)
M: Ablett, Dal, Vince, Trengrove, Martin, Jetta (OR) Cunnington (Moles, M.Barlow)
F: Riewoldt, Pav, Fevola, Franklin, Tippett, Hall, Rockliff (Hitchcock (OR) T.Taylor, Podsiadly)

$21,600 in the bank
Think rookies mid are a safer bet, as there arn't many good defender rookies. Not sure on how fev will perform by looking at the nab cup, but i suppose he is a big tym player. Was thinking maybe harvey for him, and was trying to get ROK for pav or brown for fev, but 2 do this would have got 2 swap enright 4 lake, but enright does look a better option.

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:11 am

backline looks good. maybe davis or trengove for talia who i don't think will play much as he will take another year or two to develop. like the pick of thompson. got a great kick and doesn't always stay back.
mids i like. i would go jetta to save cash. if barlow is named round 1 (likely) i would place him on field with trengove and martin.
rucks look alright. clark needs to back up that breakout year. only get on him if he is still playing rucks. early pre season they were trying to get him to play more CHB or CHF. hille coming off knee reco and risky. could pay off if he can gain some match fitness and form.
i would do the fev trade if you want consistency from harvey. if you want an x factor get fev. if you want cash for brown or rok i would keep pav and only trade out fev for 1 of them.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  sobeyyy Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:48 am

yeah i traded out talia for davis. I had natanui before hille, but thought i would go hille 4 consistancy. I was thinking maybe jolly 4 mitch clark, but not too sure yet. Who do you think will get more game time in the fwd rookies, troy taylor or hitchcock, still not sure who will get more. I thought i would get thompson, because he always annoys me in getting high consistant scores when a team against me has him in. Could have got gram, but thought he might alrite. Im not too sure on jarred waite just yet, maybe trade him for gram or just let him ease into it??

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:49 am

up to you on clark and jolly. i don't like either but thats me. jolly in a new team could do well but was inconsistent last year. fraser has been said to not play that much ruck this year so more time for jolly.

not sure about taylor and hitchcock yet. taylor playing for hardwick who will bleed more youngsters this year. hitchcock in port with aging guys up forward. might have to wait a bit for match time imo as williams seems to like moore as a forward option.

waite will probably be used more up forward but will have to ease into full match fitness. gram looked good yesterday but against a freo side missing some of their 22. up to you here. if you are going for overall ranking, gram from the get go. if you are willing to risk it and wait for waite to return to premium status could pay off but how long will it take him is the question.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down