Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thoughts on this team

4 posters

Go down

thoughts on this team Empty thoughts on this team

Post  pistol Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 pm

hi guys, this is my 3rd or 4th draft already just wanted some thoughts and opinions. having more trouble tinkering with forwards and backs trying to get max value or to even have some cash left to upgrade jobe watson to a nds or montagna. cheers

backs;
goddard, fisher, hodge, waite, gilbee, carrazzo, kennelley,
- ladson, trengrove

mids;
ablett, pendlebury, j.watson, trengrove, martin, morabito,
- bastinic, banner

ruc;
sandilands, nicnat,
- warnock, skipper

forwards;
pav, harvey, franklin, dangerfield,ziebell, L.henderson, hitchcock,
- rockliff, d.stewart

cash;10 000

pistol

Back to top Go down

thoughts on this team Empty Re: thoughts on this team

Post  Pearman Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:23 pm

surely you went over the salary the only weaknesss is forwards, how can you afford to have ladson on your bench
Pearman
Pearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 pm

pretty strong team. backs seem very strong with the rucks and mids close by.
agree with pear about ladson on the bench. could save you 100 - 150k if you downgrade him to a rookie (like davis or even sheppard from the eagles). if you want you could put ladson on field and downgrade another player to the bench (waite for rookie = 300k)

backline is great but leaves the forwards lacking. if you can find the cash by downgrading someone, upgrade one of the rookies to get a decent player who will play most games.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  pistol Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:38 am

Under salary cap cutting it tight at 10k left in bank. Forwards slightly weak I agree. But can move waite(mpp) up to fill the gap in forwards which will start ladson on field-if Waite plays of course. Then out of my 3 rookies and Henderson I just need to pick one who will max pts.
Ladson on bench also gives options to move Goddard to mid as I am starting 3 rookies in mids where they will get rested through season...
What you guys think?

pistol

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 am

pistol wrote:Under salary cap cutting it tight at 10k left in bank. Forwards slightly weak I agree. But can move waite(mpp) up to fill the gap in forwards which will start ladson on field-if Waite plays of course. Then out of my 3 rookies and Henderson I just need to pick one who will max pts.
Ladson on bench also gives options to move Goddard to mid as I am starting 3 rookies in mids where they will get rested through season...
What you guys think?

I could be wrong but it may be a small flaw - just remind me again which of your mids is a MPP back for the switch with Goddard?

Also the only forward to back switch you could make would be Waite and Henderson. therefore the only scenario where this would work is if Henderson is injured and you swap waite for him and put henderson on your backs bench. Would work then but pretty much useless for any other scenario

remember to move a MPP you need to swap them with another MPP. You can't just move a MPP to their other position and not bring someone into replace them.

You can trades someone into the mids who is a back as well and then move goddard to the mids but not really gaining much in my opinion.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 am

Think he was talking about ladson. ladson's on the back bench though. maybe move him to the mids and get another back bench option if you want to use the rule.

wouldn't build my team around this rule but thats just me.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down