Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clackerz team

+2
Dom
clackerz
6 posters

Go down

clackerz team Empty clackerz team

Post  clackerz Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:43 am

Well here's my first crack, and am still tinkering around. But it'll become more serious once NAB starts, then I can see who's doing what....
I've got $75K in the kitty.
My Backline is really lacking - I'm not comfortable with Schoenmakers and Maguire as constant starters week in week out. But to bolster up the backline a little I'll need to play around with the rest of the team to free up cash.

DEF:
Goddard, Hodge, Frawley, Kennelly, Hunt, Schoenmakers, Maguire (P.Davis, Silvagni)

MID:
GAJ, Goodes, Gibbs, Cooney, Cotchin, Martin (Bastinac, Kayler-Thomson)

RUCK:
Cox, Kreuezer (Trengove, Craig)

FWD:
Riewoldt, Brown, Higgins, Tippett, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Polkinhorne (Gumbleton, Podsiadly)
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

clackerz team Empty Re: clackerz team

Post  Dom Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:33 am

Hey clackerz,
all positions are fine except for your backs.
shoenmakers should play most games as he is preparing for a new role at CHB.
maybe downgrade goodes or gibbs to a mid pricer to free up more cash?
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:00 am

Clackerz,

Firstly Goodes should be selected as a forward not a mid. Many more options in the mids compared to the forwards. Having said that, Goodes has a tendency to start seasons slow then build. I would downgrade him to either a mid-pricer or even another rookie (Martin is an excellent choice). Others rookies to look at are Scully, Trengove & Morabito - all are chances to play round 1. Rest of your mids are good, forwards fine, make one change in your ruck bench. Lobbe looks likely to be Port's 2nd ruck so ideal for bench at around 100K, Craig not likely to play this year. With the money freed up from downgrade of Goodes, get Frawley & one of Schoenmakers or Maguire out of there. One of them is ok for a 7th back but not both.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Tell me more about Frawley Dav! Why do you like him?

Would Suban not be a better choice, I think he could have a great second year!
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Tony73 wrote:Tell me more about Frawley Dav! Why do you like him?

Would Suban not be a better choice, I think he could have a great second year!

Oh - he actually advises to get Frawley out of the team.......
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Right you are LOL
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Updated:

DEF:
Goddard, Hodge, Kennelly, Suban, Hunt, Greenwood, Schoenmakers (Davis, Silvagni)

MID:
GAJ, Gibbs, Cooney, Masten, Cotchin, Martin (J,Trengove, Morabito)

RUCK:
Cox, Kruezer (Lobbe, Fitzpatrick)

FWD:
Riewoldt, Brown, Higgins, Tippett, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Polkinghorne (Shepheard, Podsiadly)
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Looks good I am not keen on Cotchin though and isnt Sheppard a back?
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Tony73 wrote:Looks good I am not keen on Cotchin though and isnt Sheppard a back?

Hamish Shepheard - port adelaide.

what about Tapscott for shepheard if he plays.

other one would be get rid of Cotchin and maybe go for someone like Bastanic in the mids and upgrade a back.

unfortunately most of the good young players are all mids this year.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:18 am

Clakerz, Greenwood is a pure tagger. He won't score over 40 or 50 most games. He will play a lot but just realise he won't get big scores.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:45 am

bonnie doon thirds wrote:Clakerz, Greenwood is a pure tagger. He won't score over 40 or 50 most games. He will play a lot but just realise he won't get big scores.

Exactly right Bonnie- Greenwood out, not sure on Cotchin's fitness( once again on a modified training program this pre-season) so would drop him also & start Trengove.As Fatcat said, put Bastinac (94K) on the bench. Bastinac is flying at North's training sessions- winning time trials etc, looks very likely to play round 1. All the best rookies are in the mids this year as Fatcat also said. I am looking at starting at least 2 possibly 3 Shocked this year in the mids. With the left over money upgrade Greenwood to a premium ( Fisher, H Shaw, Hurn). Don't like Shepheard on forwards bench, Dennis-Lane from Sydney is a better choice. Mature age rookie who kicked over 60 goals in the WAFL last year for Subiaco as a small forward. Has been very impressive since joining Sydney. Fitzpatrick unlikely to get game time also, Wayde Skipper from Hawthorn a better choice - Hawks 2nd ruck Renouf is recovering from burns to his arms so Skipper could well get games early. Others to look at depending on cash are Warnock from Carlton (130K) & Jackson Trengove from Port (100k). Clackerz- one final thing, big lesson i learned from last year is to make sure you have solid cover on your benches for each position. Injuries are inevitable, so you are better off spending an extra 10 or 20K on each bench position to have that insurance/cover. Notice that with Silvagni & Podsiadly( might be a chance to play for the cats early) you have gone for the cheapest possible option. Once again if cash is available after the above changes, don't be afraid to spend more on picking other players who are a bit more expensive but look more likely to play early.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:43 am

Dav wrote:
bonnie doon thirds wrote:Clakerz, Greenwood is a pure tagger. He won't score over 40 or 50 most games. He will play a lot but just realise he won't get big scores.

Exactly right Bonnie- Greenwood out, not sure on Cotchin's fitness( once again on a modified training program this pre-season) so would drop him also & start Trengove.As Fatcat said, put Bastinac (94K) on the bench. Bastinac is flying at North's training sessions- winning time trials etc, looks very likely to play round 1. All the best rookies are in the mids this year as Fatcat also said. I am looking at starting at least 2 possibly 3 Shocked this year in the mids. With the left over money upgrade Greenwood to a premium ( Fisher, H Shaw, Hurn). Don't like Shepheard on forwards bench, Dennis-Lane from Sydney is a better choice. Mature age rookie who kicked over 60 goals in the WAFL last year for Subiaco as a small forward. Has been very impressive since joining Sydney. Fitzpatrick unlikely to get game time also, Wayde Skipper from Hawthorn a better choice - Hawks 2nd ruck Renouf is recovering from burns to his arms so Skipper could well get games early. Others to look at depending on cash are Warnock from Carlton (130K) & Jackson Trengove from Port (100k). Clackerz- one final thing, big lesson i learned from last year is to make sure you have solid cover on your benches for each position. Injuries are inevitable, so you are better off spending an extra 10 or 20K on each bench position to have that insurance/cover. Notice that with Silvagni & Podsiadly( might be a chance to play for the cats early) you have gone for the cheapest possible option. Once again if cash is available after the above changes, don't be afraid to spend more on picking other players who are a bit more expensive but look more likely to play early.

Thanks for the in-depth reply.
I actually couldn't agree more with injury cover.
I had that issue last year (as well as panic trades) I think these cost me a berth in the GF (lost by a slim margin).

@ FC - have taken on board your advice and will look into it. Have noticed that there is a big choice in the rookies for mids this year.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:43 am

Yeah I 'spose this would be a great move then.....
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down