Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First actual draft

4 posters

Go down

First actual draft Empty First actual draft

Post  Nuffman Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:10 pm

As I said first draft, don't go easy Razz

1. GODDARD, Brendon 613.6k
2. BOCK, Nathan 530k
3. HODGE, Luke 485.6k
4. HURLEY, Michael 393.6k
5. KENNELLY, Tadhg 320.7k
6. HUNT, Josh 252.3k
7. SHEPPARD, Bradley 149.2k

23. TALIA, Daniel 119.2k
24. MAGUIRE, Matt 114k

8. DAL SANTO, Nick 614.6k
9. SELWOOD, Joel 588.9k
10. GIBBS, Bryce 568.6k
11. PRISMALL, Brent 465.2k
12. PALMER, Rhys 307.6k
13. TRENGOVE, Jack 174.2k

25. MARTIN, Dustin 169.2k
26. MORABITO, Anthony 164.2

14. KREUZER, Matthew 421.1k
15. HILLE, David 311.3k

27. WARNOCK, Robert 132.2k
28. TRENGOVE, Jackson 100.2k

16. RIEWOLDT, Nick 600.5k
17. O'KEEFE, Ryan 576.3k
18. PAVLICH, Matthew 528.9k
19. FRANKLIN, Lance 466.7k
20. ZIEBELL, Jack 320.8k
21. WONAEAMIRRI, Austin 177.9k
22. BUTCHER, John 144.2k

29. GUMBLETON, Scott 100.2k
30. ROSE, Patrick 83.4k

5,600 left in bank Shocked

Rucks are a tad weak, which freed up some $$, yes I know there is no GAJ, as I said first draft... plus I wouldn't be surprised if he tones it down a smidge since he won his Brownlow (like back to 130-135 lol).

::EDIT:: Should note, going for league win... don't mind if a couple don't play in first 3 rounds Razz

As I said, don't hold back, destroy it if you want!

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

First actual draft Empty Re: First actual draft

Post  Tony73 Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:22 am

Looks OK to me but I would make comment on a few thoughts

I had Palmer but am leaning towards Masten, I did read somewhere that Palmer is more suited ti DT but averages and nearly identicle.

I dont think Tahlia will get a game any time soon

Hurley????? A little too pricey second year

I like ROK but will be hoping he drops in price before I grab him

I would start two mid rookies on field, too much cash on that bench, I recon Martin will play rd 1, that will free up more cash for you!

Not too harsh I hope Very Happy

You know the issues with Hille, I am not really taken by his averages before his injury either!
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:36 am

This is definitely a "Mid Priced" strategy which i am not a huge fan of.

Here is a little example of a tweak you could do to get more points AND more cash in the first 10 rounds.

Change 1: Get rid of Hunt and Hurley which as a total will probably average about 150 (Hurley 80, Hunt 70) and will only increase by max $200k. Bring in Heath Shaw $503k and M.Davies (Carlton). Shaw has been doing a pre season focused on playing in the midfield so he should rack up points and give you 100+ every week. Davies will get game time but will have a low average but he will gain in value allowing you to upgrade down the track. Also with this trade you keep and extra $48k in the bank.

Overall the Shaw + Davies combo will probably average about 150 also but you save $48k and will earn more cash from Davies..

I am not saying these two are the best to get but it is an example.

Here are some other things i would change:

*Prismall is not great value. Im a bomber and love prismall but there is better value around the $470k mark. With the extra $48k you saved in the other trade you could add 20k of that to Prismall and get Cooney (He is back to full fitness and will scream up over $550k in the first 10 rounds)

*Morabito, Trengrove and Martin are great rookie mids. I would actually be trying to squeeze another rookie into the Midfield as there are not many cash cows in other positions this year so you need to get the most out of the plethorea of Mid rookies available. An option would be to trade Prismall down to Scully or Melksham and then trade Gibbs up to Ablett. That would give you three premium mids (Ablett, Sellwood, Dal Santo) plus a value pick (Palmer) and four quality rookies that will grow in value. And remember one of those rookies will be this years Rich or Broughton hopefully.

*Hille as a starting ruck is bad news. Yes he may gain in value but in my opinion you want to try and lock your rucks in at round one and not have to waste trades on them. Hille could go down with an injury quite easily. I would be trying to get some cash from somewhere and trading Hille to Sandilands and with Sandi, Kruezer and Warnock you should be able to save trades in the Ruck. And Sandi will give you 100+ every week.

*Forward line looks reasonable, Just remember Franklin is out round 1 which wont matter for you if your just going for league wins as round 1 does not count. Keep an eye on Wonaeamiri as he is still injured...

I am not going to go through everything but just have a think about some of those. They may not suit your plan but it gives you something to think about.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:46 am

Some great points Bonnie and Tony! thanks

@Tony: I agree, Hurley is abit pricey.. But that's a risk I'm willing to take.. he looks almost ready made, and from what i'm hearing... As for RoK, I think we all hope he had teh slide he did last year Razz, but I was struggling to find a forward I liked at that price. And yeh, Palmer/Masten I also think it's '6 of one, half a dozen of the other'.

@Bonnie: Only issue I have with Shaw is that his bad games are BAD, and he can't shake a tag... Plus the Pies midfield is rotated more often then a rotating door installed at 'Ladies for Gentlemen', how do you rate Hurn/Lake/Maxwell instead? And who is Davies? haven't heard anything bout him.

I took your 2nd and 3rd points, but have 698.8k left for 3 spots in the backline (got rid of Hunt/Hurley/Talia)

Must do some more 'soul searching' hehe

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:52 am

hey Nuff,
Good team but tony and bonnie already said the points i would of.

Hurn/Lake/Maxwell seems a pretty good option. Hurn had a breakout year and might expect a tag this year. Lake depends on marks and was in a downslide after a monster rise to start last year. Maxwell is a good pick as he plays half back flank. Could add an enright or newman for consistency or fisher/hodge who are underpriced.
Never heard of davies before either but what about davis from the crows. he might replace otten in the line up but not sure. nab cup this one. would keep an eye on hunt if he plays as he is a great kick. maybe kennelly or another premium.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down