Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Draft 2010

+7
Linkster
tony8210
Dom
Dav
Kosta
fatcat
Tony73
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Draft 2010 Empty My Draft 2010

Post  Tony73 Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:49 am

Back Chris Newman, Luke Hodge, Sam Fisher, Shannon Hurn, Tadhg Kennelly, Rick Ladson, Matt Maguire
(Brad Sheppard, Daniel Talia)

Center Gary Ablett jnr, Mark Murphy, Bernie Vince, Luke Ball, Rhys Palmer, Tom Scully,
(Dustin Martin, Anthony Morabito)

Ruck ********, *********,
( Wade Skipper, Mathew Lobbe)

FWD Lance Franklin, Shaun Higgins, Brett Deledio, Mathew Pavich, Jack Trengove, Scott Gumbleton, Ben Cunnington
(Andrew Moore, Luke Tapscott)

$222,400 left to maybe upgrade Goddard in the backs but he may be listed as a mid only, and maybe put Roo up forward.

Lots of rookies up forward so as to pick off the falling premiums through round 6-8
Opinions!
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

My Draft 2010 Empty Re: My Draft 2010

Post  fatcat Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:15 am

now now play fair my friend... at least give us some clues as to who your rucks are Very Happy

not sure about Maquire, even if he plays all games still a key position back. If he does play then Patull might be one to look at or even raines. However given the amount of backs brisbane picked up this season who knows who's going to play or not.

Don't know about Hurn either. good player but maybe not keeper status and too dear for a big improver. Other one to look at is Cotchin as a mid and maybe masten for value. Be cautious on Scully. First year player with not much of a pre-season = has me worried.

Don't mind the look of chris mayne up forward or even tony notte as a smokey. Although my real work won't start until NABcup. Just too hard to judge atm
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:27 am

lol tony stole this team from fan footy. I have seen this exact team before on fan footy!!

Make up your own team tony
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:28 am

Hi Fatcat,
Just getting itchy, the rookies wont be locked until we see some pre-season form.

I have considered Jesse W Smith instead of Maguire maybe even Phill Davis.

I like Hurn, recon he is strong and can hold up as a keeper, who would be better @ 500k? He may very well get he flick for Goddard instead of Fisher, what you recon? Looked at Bock but his heel is still no good.

I had Cotchin, Burton and Kerr pencilled in but am wary about injury prone players, killed me last year, Chappy, Stevie J, Chornes, Gilbee and all 8 of the rucks I had. I think Ball will go alright with the Pies as an in and under player, they have none! There is a rumor going around about Mark Murphy and early stages of OP, will have to keep an eye on that

Only hint I will give on my rucks, they have not had any real injuries over the past few years! The price for both $830k lol
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 am

Kosta that would be my team on Fan Footy you imbicile Exclamation

You might find it under the same user name Tony 73!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You crack me up buddy! Looking forward to your posts again this year

Last edited by Tony73 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:34 am

Oh ok sorry then Very Happy its a pretty good team, although I would have Ben Griffiths as a rookie in the forward line. He went to my school and I have seen him play before, he is an absolute freakshow!! kicked 6 goals in our school grand final and won the game off his own boot
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:35 am

Hi Tony,

We are starting early this year aren't we! For what it is worth at this early stage, the basis of your team in my opinion is sound. Hurn is a very good choice- I will be picking him also. I read an interview where he said he only felt truely comfortable in his role in the last 6 weeks of the season which is reflected in his scores. He is the Eagles playmaker/quarterback, can only see upside with him.As Fatcat said, Scully is recovering from a knee injury so would stay clear of him. Plenty of other good rookie mids like Anthony Morabito/ Dustin Martin who should play round 1. Maguire as a starter a concern, Phil Davis a much better option. With Andy Otten going down, he is a good chance to take his spot.Kosta- Griffiths is an exciting but injury prone prospect. Has shoulder problems, think there are better options up forward. Scott Gumbleton is flying at Bomberland could be nice pick at 94K if he stays fit. Saw him play a few years ago in the WAFL & thought this kid could be a gun.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:50 am

Hellopplz, Long Time No Speak.
Great Start up team but i would trade the lesser ruck ( Wink ) into the forwards as there is slim pickings in the rucks. Get a cheap ruck option like hille, mumford or seaby.
Backs are good with maguire the only problem. Like dav said davis might be a good pick up. I have talia and davis in my team so far.
Mids are great.
Forwards are risky with 3 rookies starting. and with Buddy playing who knows what will happen there. Don't like buddy there since he is a full forward and even if he is cheap, after what he did this year never gonna choose him again.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:40 am

Just remember everyone that Buddy has a 1 week suspension to serve at the start of this season. Not saying don't pick him just that you want to ensure that you have cover for round 1. Worth checking out who has suspensions over their heads before selecting teams too. We all know the big ones, judd etc but sometimes ones can slip through
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:39 am

It doesnt really matter anyway as you started playing teams from round 4
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:55 pm

BACK:Chris Newman, Shannon Hurn, Sam Fisher, Luke Hodge, Rick Ladson, Tadhg Kennelly, Brad Sheppard .
res:Phil Davis,Matt Maguire

MID:Gary Ablett jnr, Marc Murphy, Bernie Vince, Luke Ball ,Rhys Palmer, Dustin Martin
res:Anthony Morabito, Ryan Bastinac

RUCK:Dean Cox,Jesse White (or hille) res: Wayde Skipper, Matthew Lobbe

FOR:Nick Riewoldt, Brett Deledio, Matthew Pavlich, Robbie Gray, Patrick Dangerfield, Jack Trengove, Kane Lucas
res:Luke Tapscott, Scott Gumbleton

OK boys I have changed a bit and coughed on my rucks Very Happy I have heard Gray is gunning pre-season and Choko has earmarked him for a midfield role in the absense of Rodin, I am putting Gray ahead of Higgins and LeCras at this stage! Danger could have a break out year as he has done a full pre-season unlike last year! Im still undecided on the second ruck, I think if Hille is named I will grab him and just put up with him untill he is fit, he's just too cheap, thoughts?
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 am

Hille would be unlikely until about round 5 or later. 12 months for a knee reco, maybe longer for a big man. Might be a target when all 4 of your rucks go down by round 8 Very Happy (just kidding you mate, lightning doesn't strike twice). Certainly don't go skipper, you can do better than that my friend. thought you would have valued a certain 4th ruck given issues last year.

don't know about Morabito to start. I don't think he will play early but maybe a good downgrade target. Marc Murphy will need to be changed now he has his hip injury.

Gumbleton is a speccie, just don't trust his body enough yet

Others you'll have to wait for nab cup to look at are sheppard - personally don't think he'll play first half of year, same with Lucas.

NAB cup is where it starts. Take a good look at Sydney, West coast, Port and Richmond in the cup teams in flux is where your bridges and rookies will come from. Steer clear of Brisbane, except maybe polkinghorne, definitely worth a look as will go into the midfield more this year. Also patfull could be a breakout with Maguire there.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 am

BACK: Chris Newman, Shannon Hurn, Sam Fisher, Luke Hodge, Rick Ladson, Tadhg Kennelly, Beau Waters.
res:Phil Davis, Matt Maguire

MID: Gary Ablett jnr, Bryce Gibbs, Bernie Vince, Adam Cooney, Tom Scully, Dustin Martin
res:Anthony Morabito, Lewis Jetta

RUCK:Aron Sandilands, Kirt Tippet res: Robert Warnock, Matthew Lobbe

FOR: Nick Riewoldt, Brett Deledio, Matthew Pavlich, Lance Franklin, Patrick Dangerfield, Jack Trengove, Sean Rusling
res:Ryan Bastinac, Scott Gumbleton

OK it has changed vastly but I think more settled now! This is my last draft before NAB, there is no point worrying about rookies and bench players until then but I think the rest of this team is pretty set. I have taken the hint on Skipper Fat Cat!
Thoughts?
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Greg Broughton...everyone forgott Mad on about this guy over the west...or maybe he's going to be very expensive this year but i shouldn't think so..he sure realed in the points last yr once he became a regular backman cheers
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:14 am

Hey Guys.
Checked out fanplanner on fanfooty.

apparently broughton is over 500k. Shocked Shocked Shocked . Not sure if he is worth it.

Tony nice team but a few position changes might be made according to fan planner and the prospectus (haven't got it but heard about the changes).
Dlids, Trengrove and Bastinac are said to be mids only.

i would tread cafefully with waters, gumby and dangerfield and watch the nab cup. i also heard scully won't be rushed back.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  XabiJay Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:02 am

hey i would almost thin that after my experienece last year it may be worth splurging on a reserve ruck with little to no depth in the cheapies there. maybe someone like hillie may be cheap enough to gain some attention or mumford one on one off.
XabiJay
XabiJay

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:27 am

well this boy is sticking with Sandilands Ottens Trengrove and Warnock..if he's back cyclops
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:02 pm

I was actually thinking: Sandilands, Kruezer, hille and a cheapy who i haven't decided on as of yet

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:24 am

BACK: Nathan Bock, Shannon Hurn, Sam Fisher, Luke Hodge, Rick Ladson, Tadhg Kennelly, Brad Sheppard.
res:Phil Davis, Matt Maguire

MID: Gary Ablett jnr, Bryce Gibbs, Bernie Vince, Shaun Burgoyne, Jack Trengove, Dustin Martin
res:Anthony Morabito, Ryan Bastnic

RUCK:Aron Sandilands, Matt Kruezer res: Robert Warnock, Matthew Lobbe

FOR: Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, Lance Franklin, Kirt Tippet, Chris Mayne, Patrick Dangerfield, , Sean Rusling
res:Trent Dennis-Lane, Scott Gumbleton

OK Fan Planner had it all wrong with positions so this is my solid first draft on the SC site now with real prices and possi's, I know there are alot of returning injuries in here so will have to watch carefully, if they get up they will be super!

I need advice as I am thinking Tippet into Ruck, Rioli Forward and Kruezer out???? Thoughts
Also Burgoynes spot could be Cooney, Prismal, Ball, or Palmer??????Thoughts
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 am

Hey Tony,
Nice basis for the team. Just not sure if ladson, sheppard or rusling can slide into their teams 22. sheppard is the most likely chance out of the 3. Ladson will find it hard since the hawks recruited gibson and schoenmakers is set to take croads spot at CHB. Rusling could find a gig if cloke isn't up to scratch. Nab cup should show form on the guys and see who will get into the team then.

Half of your mids and forwards are in my team so far. Cool (the guys not in my team are your most pricey mids and buddy + injury prone rookies) Smile
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 am

my team is very incomplete and needs changes, I like the team but i have 850,000 left over so maybe I need to spend a bit more, also just a tip in my opinion don't have any rookies in the defence this year. Too unreliable
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:57 am

fatcat wrote:<snip>...Worth checking out who has suspensions over their heads before selecting teams too. We all know the big ones, judd etc but sometimes ones can slip through

Maybe this could be a starting feature that The Roach could provide.....
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 am

Tony I would leave Kirt Tippett where he is on the forward line because of the new substitute rules he can sub with Lobbe then go into ruck if needed and Lobbe would sit on forward bench gives you the option of a 3rd ruck when called upon and no need to trade if Kruezer or Sandilands if one should get injured....just a thought Laughing have a good look at players.. i'm not going to disclose my game plan ..but have a good look at substitutes and where to play certain players affraid
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:57 am

Yer Linkster just my thoughts but I am considering the reverse of that.

Tippet No2 ruck
Warnock no3 Ruck
Lobbe bench forward

This leave's any forward to go down and Tippet replaces. Warnock gets a gig in the ruck and Lobbe slides accross to the ruck bench.

I see this as a better option as there are more forwards that can go down with injury and also not much value bench rookies forward so Lobbe might be better there? With your suggestion there are only 2 ruck positions that Tippet can fill!

Is anyone considering starting MPP's (multi position players) in the midfield, Goddard, Hodge, ROK, or PAV???? This will be the harder selection as there are no MPP mid rookies!
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:29 am

Tear this one apart please, first shot with new posi's and MPP rules to consider

BACK:
Brendan Goddard (MPP mid)
Shannon Hurn
Sam Fisher
Luke Hodge (MPP Mid)
Tadhg Kennelly
Josh Hunt
Brad Sheppard
res:Jackson Trengove (MPP ruck), Matt Maguire

MID:
Gary Ablett jnr,
Nick Dalsanto
Bernie Vince
Chris Masten (or Burgoyne, Palmer, Houli, Houli had MPP Back status!)
Jack Trengove
Dustin Martin
res:Anthony Morabito, Luke Shuey

RUCK:
Aron Sandilands,
Kirt Tippet (MPP For)
res: Robert Warnock, Wade Skipper ( anyone else?)

FOR:
Nick Riewoldt,
Matthew Pavlich (MPP Mid)
Lance Franklin
Cyril Rioli
Jack Ziebell
Chris Mayne
Scott Gumbleton
res:Mathew Lobbe (MPP Ruck), Trent Dennis-Lane

$44k left
I have put Lobbe forward so as to be able to slide Tippet accross into any forward spot, still considering other Mulit position Players Midfield ie ROK, Houli, but not sure if its worth it early in the year!
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next