Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My GF Match ups, pushing s**t up hill!

+3
Dom
bonnie doon thirds
tony8210
7 posters

Go down

My GF Match ups, pushing s**t up hill! Empty My GF Match ups, pushing s**t up hill!

Post  tony8210 Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 am

Well I did not expect to get here, have carried donuts right through the finals, can I do it one more time. Have secured the $200, the winner baggs $350 though!
I think the only place I have him covered is in the rucks LOL, and I actually think he has a trade or two in th bank as he mentioned he lost last year for that reason and vowed to not repeat!
I have huge issues with CHappy, Stevie, Roo and Newman, Im sure buddy will be right. Nothing I can do about thing though.

I REALLY NEED HELP PICKING A CAPTAIN THIS WEEK! IM THINKING SWAN, ROO OR GODDARD AS HE HAS NONE OF THEM! OPINIONS Question

Goddard v Enright
Newman v CHornes

Drummond v Drummond
Hodge V Hodge
Gilbert v Fisher
Gilbee v Gilbee
Broughton v Broughton

Swan (cpt) v GAJ (cpt i presume)
J Selwood v Goodes

Judd v Judd
Gibbs v Gibbs
Bartell v Bartell
Anthony v Pendles

Jolly v Hmac
Kruezer v Naitanui

Riewolt (vc) v Davis
CHappy v Chappy (SEE BENCH COVER BELOW)
Pavlich v Pavlich
buddy v Buddy
Porp v Goodwin
Lids v Lids
Stevie j v Stevie j (but he has Brennan and Garlet on the pine!)
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

My GF Match ups, pushing s**t up hill! Empty Re: My GF Match ups, pushing s**t up hill!

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:43 am

Buddy is gone too Tony so i hope you have some forward cover.

As far as captain goes i think you have a few options but dont discount Joel Sellwood against Freo at the Cattery. Ablett, Sellwood and Bartel will all go big this week.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

My GF Match ups, pushing s**t up hill! Empty Re: My GF Match ups, pushing s**t up hill!

Post  Dom Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:10 am

Wow your teams are pretty similar. Captain wise Swan is likely going to get tagged by the dogs (picken or boyd if they want to use a run with player). Geelong vs freo like Bonnie said, don't rule out any of the geelong players.

Buddy out and he has BRENNAN sitting on the bench. Good cover for him, you're in trouble now. Looks to have you in the mids and forwards, you got him in the rucks as you said (he is playing naitanui? Did he have cox) and might be a close one in the backs. You might have him the backs if it goes your way.

Do you have any cover in the forwards? Think you might lose if you don't (unless you are extremely lucky study )
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 am

There is not much between the teams Tony but i would slightly favour him but stranger things have happened in supercoach. You are in the same boat as me - need some luck with injuries (Chappy & Stevie J) & hope the hawks appeal on the Buddy verdict. I seriously think they will, they have to win to make finals & I can't see it happening without both Buddy & Roughy. They have a strong case I believe so wait & see, keep our fingers crossed Rolling Eyes
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:05 am

No cover all finals boys, unless Skippy or Macaffer get picked lol!

Its all out of my hands now except for Captain Selection and am swaying away from Swan this week!
Selwood sounds pretty good!

He has sat Otten on the bench all year, not sure whats going on there, I dont think he ever had Cox, if he trades I recon it will be Otten out!

Like I said, Im pretty chuffed to get into the GF first year.
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 am

Well looks like my opponent will gain Otten in the ruck, he has sat him on the pine all year!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:57 am

will be interesting to see who gets dropped out of blake or mumford!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:11 am

blake if they have half a brain. Although you have to wonder how far they will go to save face over their long term signing of him.

Wouldn't worry too much Tony, Otten won't get too much time on the ball will be used more up forward as a diversion to take away a tall defender.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:10 am

Otten will play up forward but might play ruck if mumford or blake (who ever is playing) is getting smashed by sandi in the rucks. I don't think bomber will throw him into the deep end against sandi unless they need to. All they want to do is get game time and match fitness for him before finals.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Interesting my opponent now loses Garlett, club suspension and we both lose Buddy. Stevie to play looks like 2 donuts v 1

What other surprises does this week hold, rest GAJ on the cards! Plays bad against Freo!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:24 pm

bite your tongue my friend don't you curse ablett Evil or Very Mad
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 am

I'm trying anything
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:35 am

Well there is a glimmer of hope holding Stevie, Chappy and Buddy, is if Skippy somehow gets a gig with the Bomber injuries rife.

"In the mix" AFL.com lists him at the top of the chances to be picked!

He has got a second best and BOG last 2 weeks for Bendigo ahead of Hocking. With his senior experience I would think he would be ideal going into a do or die game against an angry Hawks team. Replace Davey maybe?

Opinions from any Bombers fans!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:19 am

I'll try to contact me mate at Essendon and see if he has any inside info, otherwise you will have to wait till tonight bout 11pm for a reply Razz

::EDIT:: Just got word back from me mate, he would say that if Skippy does play he would be in for Alwyn as there is no room in the mids.

He also said that the reason he's been out is because of his knee problem compounded with the fact that he hasn't performed well in the 2's to get back in. He didn't say whether or not he is looknig good for a recall but sorry

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Now Porp is in doubt, Dramatic headline but the article said he is likely to play.

Lots of surprises this week I recon

Im sure a big name will go down!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:40 am

You had to go say that. Now Newman is out with a knee injury (3 topic i put this in). Stevie j and Chappy aren't named. Nice one Tony! Evil or Very Mad I have newman and stevie j. At least porps is named for you.
Skippy ain't in but hocking is. Think essendon wanted a tagger in. Lonergan replaced davey.

Looks like he has you by the tail for now. Hopefully your guys can act as the underdogs and pull out a win.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Yep Im done like a dinner

Go crows lol!

Like I said a miricle I got through last week Very Happy

No stress now Got $200 and a carton in my back pocket!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Same- all over red rover. 4 donuts means noooooooo chance
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down