Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Final Match Up - Who Will Win?

3 posters

Go down

Grand Final Match Up - Who Will Win? Empty Grand Final Match Up - Who Will Win?

Post  Dav Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:56 am

Taking a leaf out of Tony's book & posting the match ups for my grand final. My side is on the left.

BACKS
Goddard v Goddard
Gilbee v Gilbee
Newman v McMahon
Gram v Fisher
Enright v Hargrave
Dummond v Hodge
Hurn v Hurley
Bench - Grimes, Suckling. His bench - Hill, Wilson.

MIDS
Ablett v Ablett
J Selwood v Bartel
Judd v Gibbs
Boyd v Harvey
Power v Anthony
Beams v Rich
Bench - Rich, Cockie. His bench - Meyer, Smith

RUCKS
Sandilands v Kreuzer
McIntosh v McIntosh
Bench - Spencer, A Browne. His Bench - Jacobs,Leunberger

FORWARDS
Reiwoldt v Reiwoldt
Deledio v Deledio
M Clark v M Clark
Franklin v Franklin
Pavlich v Pavlich
S Johnson v J Brown
Chapman v O'Keefe
Bench - Walker, M Brown (injured). His Bench- Ballantyne, Thorpe.

Think he has used all his trades - noticed he has traded M Clark in last week, traded out Otten for Smith to free up cash.I am out of trades. It all comes down to if my best 22 are on the park I believe I will win. The big question though is Chapman -if he misses it will be close. Stevie J should play, Newman has a query over him but should be ok. He has cover in the backs & Ballantyne in the forwards whilst I only have Rich as cover in the mids, Spencer in the rucks. All opinions welcome. Cheers

Very Happy
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Grand Final Match Up - Who Will Win? Empty Re: Grand Final Match Up - Who Will Win?

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:24 am

You have him covered all over the park Dav. I would almost play Rich vs his Rich just to nullify any surprises he may have.

I am hearing noises that both Chapman and Stevie J will miss this week, If that happens you have a game on your hands!
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Grand Final Match Up - Who Will Win? Empty Re: Grand Final Match Up - Who Will Win?

Post  Dav Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:32 am

Cheers Bonnie- that is my only worry (Chappy & Stevie J). I hear what you say about Rich. Beams has been in awesome form though-115 last week, Rich 84. Pies play Dogs this week. Liam Picken & Boyd will go to Swan & Pendles so think Beams will score well again. Rich has the swans at the SCG. Getting tagged often & knowing the swans they will shut the game down. It all depends on the 2 cats forwards in the end. If they both play I will probably go Rich, if only 1 or neither do I am inclined to go for Beams & hope he has a blinder whilst Rich is kept quiet to give myself a chance.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:39 am

Yeah that makes sense. If you have a full squad i would play Rich instead of Beams just to limit the chance that he may gain on you unexpectedly. I hope for both our sakes that Franklin and Stevie J play this week! I don't mind about Chappy though Cool
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:12 am

Geez the teams look pretty even to me, I would back your opponent just because of the injuries, I will be posting my match ups again Very Happy
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down