Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRL Players To AFL Players

+5
Dom
Dav
fatcat
clackerz
The Roach
9 posters

Go down

NRL Players To AFL Players Empty NRL Players To AFL Players

Post  The Roach Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:03 am

As Roachie has heard today Brisbane Bronco's star Karmichael Hunt is set to sign with the Gold Coast for 2010. Was just wondering peoples opinions on this? Whether they think it's a good thing? Or bad?

Roachie thinks bring Billy Slatter over haha....!

Also read an article earlyer this year saying Sam Gilbert use to play League as a kid, then switched to AFL, so just shows that it's possible. Post in with your thoughts love to hear them.

Cheers The Roach
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NRL Players To AFL Players Empty Re: NRL Players To AFL Players

Post  clackerz Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:11 am

Maybe it could work the other way and provide an opening for Hall Rolling Eyes
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 am

Israel Falou would be one to get, has a massive leap on him and giant hands, similiar build to buddy but is a bit more althletic. the big issue with any league player of course is their ability to kick. Hunt however used to play afl at churchie up here (very pricey private school) so he can abviously kick a ball.

will be interesting. Hunts motivations were slightly different though he wanted to get out of the NRL media gaze, they're pretty ruthless.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:58 am

Good to see NRL players have at last seen the light & agreed AFL is a much better game! Wink It will be interesting to see how Hunt adapts but from what I have heard he was very good at AFL at school so should make the transition smoothly. The key part for NRL players that are considering the switch is their ability to kick a footy decently although after watching the western derby last weekend you would have to question how much time WCE & Freo players have put in over the years with their kicking woes Question Like Fatcat, if there is one NRL player I could choose it would be Israel Falou. Have watched him in the state of origin & the man is a freak of an athlete. If he can be taught how to kick a footy properly he would take the AFL by storm. Guess he could be compared to Kouta in his prime, just about unstoppable with the ball in his hand.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 am

This came out of nowhere. How could anyone expect this. Now the only question is can Hunt play AFL at the highest level. but for me it might start a war between the AFL and NRL. Israel Falou would be a gun if he came to AFL but i would wonder who would pick him up.
I would laugh if this starts a war between the AFL and NRL to try and get each others players to switch codes. Laughing
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 am

I think its bullshit. Great athlete or not, if Karmichael Hunt can walk into an AFL side in two years over those who've played it all their lives, then the game isn't nearly as elite as its supporters would like to think. Enough said.
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:25 pm

This is just a master stroke in the Gold Coast PR plan, look at it, new team starting in 2011 in a dominant NRL state. They can milk this for more than a year to pull supporters. Does not matter if he can play or not!!!!

Thats Gold I recon for PR
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:43 pm

This is for publicity purposes only. like tony said QLD is a NRL state. This may drag some NRL supporters to watch some AFL games or go to the games for the club to make money. Now hunt just needs to make sure he doesn't get sent to the tribunal in the first few matches to keep the crowds pouring in.

Now I'll prove that gold coast signing hunt is evil.

Gold coast sign hunt.
Hunts only there to make money for himself and the team.
Money is the root of all evil.
therefore the gold coast signing hunt is an evil move. Twisted Evil
(you know i am right)
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Karmichael is smart and is finally moving to our great game!!!
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Would you guys consider buying him in Supercoach when he starts playing??
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:41 pm

No he would be a clanger king getting pinged for throwing and kicking into touch over the boundary!!!!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:41 pm

No doubt it is PR stunt. Very clever by the marketing department of Gold Coast. Did anyone see the footage of him trying to handball? Hilarious, just like if you gave the footy to your sister & asked her to do a handball for the first time. He threw it up in the air & clumsily tried to punch it! He is a great athlete & if any NRL star could do it he would be the best equiped but he has a long, long way to go. AFL is so different to NRL. Most players run between 10km to 15km a game - are very fit aerobicly.NRL is a collision, stop- start sport. No constant sprinting, running all day. These days turnovers kill you, so being a good kick is crucial otherwise the opposition will hurt you big time going the other way. Any coincidence that the 3 worse kicking sides in the comp (Melb, Freo & WCE) occupy the bottom 3 spots on the ladder? He would kick the ball about 5 times during a game of NRL & not to a moving target so it is a huge transition to make. Mattybomb22- absolutely zero chance of me buying him in supercoach & if anyone did in this forum I would seriously question what they have been smoking Wink
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Hey Dav, where did you get the footage from? because i want to see it lol
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:52 am

Channel 7 in Perth showed a brief snippet. Might be on you tube I guess in the following days
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:52 pm

just saw the footage on the footy show! CRACKER!

Billy slater to the saints i heard.
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:35 pm

I heard Inglis hasn't ruled out changing to AFL in 2012 after his contract with the storm is over. What a catch that would be if the AFL could lure him over.
Can't beleive Eddie Mcguire said the NRL will retaliate by signing rooke. i don't see rooke leaving when he has cemented a spot in a geelong team in their prime.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down