Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi Position Players MPP, whos going for it?

5 posters

Go down

Multi Position Players MPP, whos going for it? Empty Multi Position Players MPP, whos going for it?

Post  Tony73 Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:49 am

OK so its a new rule and a bit of a carrot, who is going to pick a few.

The best combo I have come up with ATM is Tippet as my number two ruck, Warnock Number 3 ruck and Lobbe on the bench in the forward line. If any forward goes down Tippet goes forward, Warnock to 2nd Ruck and Lobbe slips accross as Number 3 Ruck!

Apart from that you would be looking at PAV, ROK (mid/forw), Goddard, Hodge (mid/back) but you are limitting yourself to that particular player going down either forward or back and bringing in a super sub midfield like Morradito? Also which MPP premium would you list as a Mid??????

I have considered starting ROK, Goddard or Hodge in the MIDs for this reason!

I think it just gives you a bit more of a chance to minimise donuts as you could swap them and sneak a bench player on or else cop donut or trade?

Worth it??? Thoughts
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Multi Position Players MPP, whos going for it? Empty Re: Multi Position Players MPP, whos going for it?

Post  Defeater of pear Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm

yeh I am all over the tipett trade, another great one is jarrad waite in attack and the young promising fremanctle defence/forward phil davis. I have looked at this and those 2 are the best I can see. Another may be with rick ladson in the midfield and also defence but personally i wouldnt use the rule at all for midfielders unless their were to young guns on the bench who play the same multiples.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Multi Position Players MPP, whos going for it? Empty Re: Multi Position Players MPP, whos going for it?

Post  Tony73 Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Davis is a crow and I dont think he will get much of a run, Waite may still be a bit away too
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 am

I am not sold on it yet Tony. I will keep it in mind but i am not going to sacrifice my guns like Ablett, Sellwood, Pendlebury, Swan etc for MPPs like Goodes, Pavlich, Goddard.

To me Tippet only deserves a spot because he is an MPP and i don't like that. I don't think they will be important early so im taking the tactic of ignoring it early and just getting off to a good start and maybe looking for some MPP's in my trade ups later in the year.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:44 am

Not going to comprimise my entire team to fit in a MPP. Got goodes and pav in the forwards but not going to put one in the mids as i have decent cover there Very Happy.

Only guys i can trade around so far are moore and davis (and maybe waite if he progresses a bit more). These guys are rookies and depends where i need cover to come from. affraid
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:02 am

Tony73 wrote:OK so its a new rule and a bit of a carrot, who is going to pick a few.

The best combo I have come up with ATM is Tippet as my number two ruck, Warnock Number 3 ruck and Lobbe on the bench in the forward line. If any forward goes down Tippet goes forward, Warnock to 2nd Ruck and Lobbe slips accross as Number 3 Ruck!

Apart from that you would be looking at PAV, ROK (mid/forw), Goddard, Hodge (mid/back) but you are limitting yourself to that particular player going down either forward or back and bringing in a super sub midfield like Morradito? Also which MPP premium would you list as a Mid??????

I think it just gives you a bit more of a chance to minimise donuts as you could swap them and sneak a bench player on or else cop donut or trade?

Worth it??? Thoughts

From my understanding of the MPP you've forgotten one critical thing. Who in your forward line will be able to trade with Tippett. From what I understand yes you can move one player to cover another but you still have to swap someone into that position so you've still got the orginal number you started with in each possie. Therefore the only time Tippett would be of benefit is if you had a forward that was also a ruckman and wasn't going to score well enough so you swap him to the rucks for tippett in the forwards and put the kid on the pine in the rucks.

You can't just switch someone to forward and have only 3 in the ruck position. Correct me if i'm wrong but pretty sure of this one. And i'm sure a forward/mid rookie would be a better prospect pick than a forward/ruck.

Really I only think this would become of real benefit if you had good players that can go forward/back.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:19 am

fatcat wrote:
Tony73 wrote:OK so its a new rule and a bit of a carrot, who is going to pick a few.

Worth it??? Thoughts

From my understanding of the MPP you've forgotten one critical thing. Who in your forward line will be able to trade with Tippett. From what I understand yes you can move one player to cover another but you still have to swap someone into that position so you've still got the orginal number you started with in each possie. Therefore the only time Tippett would be of benefit is if you had a forward that was also a ruckman and wasn't going to score well enough so you swap him to the rucks for tippett in the forwards and put the kid on the pine in the rucks.

You can't just switch someone to forward and have only 3 in the ruck position. Correct me if i'm wrong but pretty sure of this one. And i'm sure a forward/mid rookie would be a better prospect pick than a forward/ruck.

Really I only think this would become of real benefit if you had good players that can go forward/back.

Fatcat Matthew Lobbe is the one you do it with.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:32 am

ok my bad my brain is getting fried from looking at too much honeymoon accommodation websites. I misread the original post. Sorry tony
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down