Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queries on some players..

5 posters

Go down

Queries on some players.. Empty Queries on some players..

Post  Nuffman Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Hey guys, been trying to keep myself SC free, but it's just not possible... the mroe I stay away the more I think about it hehe.

Just a few queries and points and I'd liek your input.

1) Hall: is he the real deal or is it just his opposition being weak? If this is a genuine showing, Hall could be one of the steals of the year. Still.. I'm not sold
2) Hille: hearing reports that he is coming along better than expected... A source says he's vying for an early round comeback (1-2) and reports of his (1) NAB challenge game are excellent! BOOM #2 ruck right there, if all is true (Don't care bout rounds 1-3, not in it for $$)
3) Greenwood: Alot of people are jumping on... Do you think he can keep his numbers up, even with his tagging role? I have the $$ for him as my 7th backmen (instead of Maguire, or would he be better there?)
4) Rockliff: Real deal? I know nothing bout this guy...

Question: My Prem mids are now Ablett, Pendles, Vince (3 starting rookies) I'm wondering would it be wiser to take say, Gibbs over Vince or Pendles? if so which? Or is it much of a muchness

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Queries on some players.. Empty Re: Queries on some players..

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Hey Nuffman, I will give you my opinion on these players if you like.

HALL: Without even considering supercoach when it was confirmed that he had signed with the dogs i made an outlandish statement to a mate that he could kick 80 goals this season. I still believe that is possible and he hasnt done anything over the last two games to make me re consider. The only reason i have not got him in at the moment is i try and steer away from the gorrilla full forwards as they can be extremely inconsistent. He is attractive at his price but i am still backing Dangerfield to have a more consistent year than him. Having said all this i hope it's a Dogs vs Saints NAB GF and i will be watching him very carefully to see if he can deliver against quality opposition. If he racks up 100 points against the Saints i think il have to find room for him.

HILLE: Huge risk / reward here. I am a bomber but two things steer me away. Big men with bad knees are very very bad news and i hate wasting trades in the ruck. I am steering clear of Hille at this stage.

GREENWOOD: He will play more and score more than McGuire but i am still not convinced he is worth his price. Good player but his tagging role will lower his scoring ability. Plenty of good value in cheap backs so i am looking elsewhere.

ROCKLIFF: Rookie priced, Big NAB scores its a dream come true considering the lack of FWD rookies. If he is named round 1 get on. He is no certainty to be named however.

As far as your premium MIDs go, I like Pendles and Vince over Gibbs. He may cop a hard tag while Judd (and possibly Murphy) sit out.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  sovereign_72 Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:45 pm

This is my first "advice" post so will try and help with my opinion where I can.

Hall : I have him in my team. Have always had a soft spot for hally since I have been playing supercoach. The first few years when I had him he was playing well with Sydney he was bordering on a premium player averaging about the 100 mark. I think he has gone downhill mainly due to his temper and him getting a few niggling injuries. For me I think the time away from the game has re-focused his mind and given his body enough of a break to take him back to being a quality full foward. As far as I can see best case scenario I get a player who becomes a 100+ keeper, worst case scenario he plays really well for the first 8 - 10 rounds, starts to drop off, and I trade him for a bottomed out premo.

Hille : I have always been prepared to get cheap ruckmen but after doing a heap of research this season have been convinced that I should get 2 quality players in the ruck with no real risk factor. That in mind I have stayed clear of Hille. (I did have him etched in before I started my research so understand your quandry)

Greenwood : I am a North man and would like to have him in my team as I know he will play 22 rounds. But I still think someone like a Ladson or a J. Hunt will give you better bang for your buck.

Rockliff : Get on him. Every possibility of him being this years Broughton. Put him in your team and cross your fingers for round 1.

Hope that helps. I have found Bonnie Doons advice to be very helpful as I have done my research so take note of what advice he gives. I think my answers are fairly similar just with a slight difference of opinion here or there. But hey they are only opinions and you have to make your own mind up in the end.

Cheers

sovereign_72

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 am

Hall - could turn out to be a great pick up. new scene might help him keep his cool. he is suited to the dogs run and gun gameplan and will get the ball in there alot (way more than sydney did). he is 33 y.o but doesn't show it (but looks it Smile ).

Hille - would love to get him as he plays for the dons but not when he is coming back from knee reco. an example if malceski. he came back last year but couldn't get back to full flight in one year.

greenwood - agree with the others that there are better options out there. if you are looking for a cash cow to raise 100 - 150k, he will probably do this. he will unlikely be a keeper. saying this i have him in. i'm using all sub 400k players in my team as cash cows Very Happy .

rockliff - don't know much about him so can't comment much. been brilliant for a rookie during the nab games. if named round 1, alot of people will be starting him.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Pearman Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:24 am

Gibbs is possibly the best player in the afl. No judd or murphy, will just enhance gibbs' points.
Pearman
Pearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down