Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaun Higgins

5 posters

Go down

Shaun Higgins Empty Shaun Higgins

Post  Dav Wed May 27, 2009 4:39 am

Hi Roach,
Firstly, Love the website - very informative, some great advice given. With regards to Higgins, the Bulldogs have said it is a manageable injury, he is a chance to play this week & with some rest( bye coming up) he should be fine for the rest of the year. You have him listed as 4 week injury. Are the doggies playing games & is your mail good that it is in fact a 4 week injury.
Cheers,
Dav
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Shaun Higgins Empty Re: Shaun Higgins

Post  The Roach Wed May 27, 2009 5:47 am

The injury update is only based on the clubs worst case senario outlook. I don't have any inside info however as I have Higgins in my team, I am keeping him as I also feel they will manage his injury like you suggested. It is important to have good bench players however as I belive he will be rested as much as possible in the 'easier' games and played in the big ones especially towards finals. Final word I would keep him if possible.
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed May 27, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Guys,

First of all well done roach on getting the site up it looks great and is nice tool for us supercoachers. I have mentioned before in another forum about making sure you remember some players are muti positional when you do writeups.

Regarding Higgins i am going to disagree with you on this one. Here are some points to take into consideration if you have Higgins in your team.

- He has already gained plenty of value.
- He has a history of injuries
- He is prone to getting scores of less than 70.
- At his best he will probably average 100.
- He is likely to miss a few more games throughout the season.

I would only trade him if you have a dead set gun to trade him for.

I have him in my midfield so i am able to add 50k to him and trade him for Cooney. I think Cooney is just hitting form and will start getting some big scores soon.

This will give me a midfield that looks like this:

Ablett
Judd
J.Sellwood
Goodwin
Cooney
Rich (I am going to do a direct trade from Rich to Kerr next week when Kerr bottoms out)

Bench:
M.Robinson
A.Collins
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Wed May 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks BDT great post! Yea i agree with you if you have Higgins in your midfield. He has made any team that has him some good cash and I do think conney will be a good trade but still wary on a man with no pre-season. I still think it depends on how many trades you have left and what your focus is, to win your league or to get your best overall possible score.

I worry about your kerr choice, I think it is high risk even when he bottoms out but if he decides to stop butchering the ball could be mid year pic of the season. You are a braver man than me though picking him.

Also worried there are no saints midfielders in that list?? Just an observation.

Let m know how it pans out.
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu May 28, 2009 1:33 am

Yeah the Kerr selection is one i have been battling with. I guess the advantage of it is he is probably the best midfielder going around for 320k (once he drops next week). As good as Rich has been i see signs of him slowing and going into finals i would not want him on the field. Kerr is definitely high risk but i rate this guy very highly and think he is too much of a bargain to pass up at 320k. I am keeping an extra 200k in the bank just in case he flops and i will then upgrade him before finals if i have to.

As far as having no saints in the midfield you are right that is a concern. I could get Dal Santo instead of Cooney however i think Cooney being 100k cheaper is worth the punt. As good as the saints are i am not 100% convinced. History tells us that they can look like the best side in the comp for 10 rounds then drop very rapidly. I guess i am a gambling man with my decisions to have no saints and also put faith in Kerr.

Having said that i have Riewoldt in the forward line and Gilbert in Defence. I am also looking at getting Kosi in as my 7th Forward.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Rival Thu May 28, 2009 7:07 am

I like the higgens for cooney trade as surely he cant go any worse cooney tho! he hasnt set the world on fire at all yet. Kerr is cheap and might be carrying and injury - but defiantly a gun when up and running, Im an eagles supporter and would shy away from choosing an eagle in the midfield as im sure keer will not play the last few games if injured (which means SC finals) .
Kosi as a 7th forward is a great choice, a game winner I feel and cheap and just starting to hit form, I have higgens and krackour (spelling) in my forward line so I want to trade both of them out but only 2 trades remaining, I am personaly going to go out Higgens in Stevie J , the krack for kosi maybe next week, no gun forwards excite me except the 600K plus guys.
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Thu May 28, 2009 7:37 am

Agree about Kerr -big risk with him,Kosi is very injury prone so risk involved there also. Rival do you have Buddy in your side? At 469,000 he is a steal. What about Gia (402,000) & Buddy for Higgins & Krak? Gia is on the up now and with Higgins hurt he will get more time in midfield.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Rival Thu May 28, 2009 9:43 am

HI Dav

Yeh i got buddy in the team , I am not a big fan of Gia,but theres not much i like in the forward line i know alot of ppl have been talking him gia up tho. Higgins and krak will have to go at some point ud think, ill give krak maybe 1 more week. Yeh kosi does like to get injured but he is under 400K which is cheap as chips, worth a punt , not by me this week tho but could turn a match...
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post  feebeeo Thu May 28, 2009 9:46 am

krak's break even is 145.....! Sad

feebeeo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rival Thu May 28, 2009 9:51 am

Yep thats whats bad- he could turn it around, but aborigionals are flashy at best and hard to keep their form up, i expect to lose some cash on him this week, either himself or higgins should go. i could keep higgins cas my opponent has him... but i dont want to play taylor walker:P
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down