Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaun Higgins

+3
wardie
alfie
bonnie doon thirds
7 posters

Go down

Shaun Higgins Empty Shaun Higgins

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 am

Are any of you guys contemplating Higgins this year? After his comeback last year was slightly interupted not allowing him a good run at it i feel he can produce a 100 average this year in a quality team making him a good buy at $470k.

Thoughts?
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Shaun Higgins Empty Re: Shaun Higgins

Post  alfie Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:24 am

Hey Bonnie Doon,

I reckon he is absolutely undervalued and I also think he will have an extra-ordinarily good season so I have him locked in as a forward. However, the other that is more of a risk but could have a super year is David Armitage. I also like him but don't think I can fit him and Higgins and Chris Masten in the same time. I am thinking of taking a risk and taking out Bernie Vince and replacing him with Armitage to free up some extra cash.

My mids (at present):

GAJ, Gibbs, Vince, Masten, C Ward, J Trengrove (Martin, Morabito)

My Fds (at present):

Chappy, Rooey, Higgins, Buddy, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Rockliff (Podsiadly, Gumby)

alfie

Location : Anywhere beside a river with a fishing rod and a beer!

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:27 am

One other that i think should be spoken about in the same sentence is GIA at only $450k i think he is a steal. Will get probably the 4 or 5th defender with their mids rotating so frequently i think he will have a stellar year. He uses the ball well and kicks goals with is a great asset in SC. There is so much depth in SC this year and picking a team that is consistant is going to be crucial.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 am

Yeah Wardie i also think GIA is worth considering however being 28 and having averaged 93, 87, 80, 93 and 85 in the last five years i dont think he is capable of averaging 100 where i think Higgins is.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 am

Hadn't looked at the averages there B.D.T nice work, Higgins however has really only had 1 year of football and he has been injury prone. If he gets his body right i think there is no doubt that he is able to kick goals and be super through the middle for the dogs. I personally think there is a lot of value with the bulldogs players but the downside of that is that they take so many points off each other.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 am

Yeah but having said that how many guns did St Kilda and Geelong have last year that averaged over 100? Look at the saints with Goddard, Montagna, NDS, Riewoldt etc..

I think the Dogs will be extremely good this year and there is awesome value for Cooney, Gilbee, Higgins, Harbrow, GIA, Murphy etc if you can pick the right ones.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:55 am

spot on that is why i am not going near any of the mid priced players from any of the top clubs. by doing this i can see an improvement in all my mid price layers as they should become regulars and heading toward premium status, i.e MASTEN, Nic NAT ect..

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:00 am

higgins is risky but should have a pretty good average. will miss games imo due to his injury riddled past.
considering gia ahead of him as he was on fire before being struck down with injury. but higgins does have more of an upside with age and potential there.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:02 am

Get on Steve Johnson instead of Higgins, they are both injury prone but I think this year Johnson will average more than Higgins. Both go into the midfield and play similar roles, and i think Johnson is a better player and able to get 150+ scores more often.
What you think?
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Shaun Higgins Empty Shaun Higgins V S Johnson

Post  alfie Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 am

As a Geelong supporter I agree, however, looking at it impartially I think the following:

johnson: higher peaks and lower troughs

higgins: more consistent over the season, won't peak as high but won't bottom out as low

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:09 am

also stevie j has hip problems. heard he's not fully over them yet. not sure about this but heard it somewhere. any thoughts on this alfie?
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 am

my thoughts exactly and if you are trying to place high in the overall rankings you are always looking for consistency especially at that price.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 am

Well I heard that he pulled up fine after the NAB cup game and he is 100% fit now, and he played a pretty good game too
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Shaun Higgins Empty Re: Higgins v Johnson

Post  alfie Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:27 am

Yep, agree that he is over the injury, although there seems to be some uncertainty in the media. I guess they need to find things to write about. SJ always looks like unfit or injured and if he was a racehorse he probably would have had the bullet along time ago with the way he hops and around!

The time to be concerned is when Geelong start saying he is 3 to 4 weeks away i.e Ottens 2009. If that happens with SJ then SELL, SELL, SELL quick!

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pearman Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 pm

GIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is a must have. Showed an outstanding display of pace, composure, humour, awareness, ability and tenacity during the nab cup.
Pearman
Pearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down