Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice to make my league's final series

3 posters

Go down

Advice to make my league's final series Empty Advice to make my league's final series

Post  moonwalker69 Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:00 am

First time player this year, done well after picking a side with little concept of good/players (e.g. Motlop kicks lots of goals but rarely gets SC points etc). In a league against a whole bunch of guys at my work, need advice on using my trades to boost maximum potential for my side - appreciate any advice.
Sitting 7-5 in my league at 8th and have 4 trades left with $38,100 left. Anthony to replace Edwards this weekend and Vickery for Skipworth but as for future trades I have 2 options. Trade down Edwards (with Anthony as a key spot) and make 3 upgrades over separate weeks with $400,000+ or trade down say a Cheney, Hill or Walker and do 2 trades for 2 major upgrades over 2 separate weeks. The idea would be to get 2 better forwards (Didak, Davis, Riewoldt, O'Keefe) to replace Roughead, Krakouer or Skipworth. Any suggestions?

My side is as follows:

DEFENDERS
Goddard
Enright
Gilbert
Thornton
Bock
O'Brien
Hill
--------
Hurley
Cheney

MIDFIELD
Ablett
Judd
Murphy
Selwood
Higgins
Edwards
--------
Anthony
Muston

RUCKS

McIntosh
Kreuzer
--------
Spencer
Cordy

FORWARDS
Davey
Fevola
Varcoe
Franklin
Roughead
Skipworth
Krakouer
--------
Vickery
Walker

moonwalker69

Back to top Go down

Advice to make my league's final series Empty Re: Advice to make my league's final series

Post  Dom Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:04 pm

My advice to you is for you to go with the edwards downgrade and 3 upgrades later on. Make sure the rookie you downgrade to is going to play out the year so you have cover just in case. in your backs a good upgrade trade would be trading out hill cheney or obrien. i think obrien should be the one traded out for drummond. hurley is worth putting on the field and hill and cheney can be used for bench cover.
for your forwards i would trade out skipworth (don't think he's is the dons best 22) and either roughy or krakouer. wait and see if skippy can get a game before trading him out. these you could upgrade to davis (cheapest in a week or two), goodwin, pavlich (if he is over the injury) or riewodlt. riewodlt and davis can score you the biggest scores out of all 4 if they can find some form but all can give you 100s week in and week out. for me i think didak is pretty pricey but now teams are using their best tagger on him and he is dropping in his scores (45 again mcglynn who isn't even the hawks best tagger). o keefe is in career form but is way too pricey (you may need to fork out 250k - 300k with any of the 3 forwards just to get him). this will take away money for your other upgrades.
hope this advice helps you out.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Advice to make my league's final series Empty Re: Advice to make my league's final series

Post  tony8210 Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 am

Edwards for Reeden (Lions) is on the bubble I think and scored a tonne last week in the midfield, or maybe trade down hill to Sylvester the cat, he looks to be able to score well, If Skippy can get back in will get you 80 every week, Krackour is the worry but at least he is playing, Cheeney is playing this week and I recon they will play him for the rest of the year.

I do think Edwards will be back and is a keeper and Anthony would be better as cover!

I really need Skippy to get back in for bench cover, I think they would want the experience leading into finals, Im hoping anyway. I have been coping donuts forward for three weeks with Stevie J, Pav and Skippy out
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down