Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ideas please

2 posters

Go down

ideas please Empty ideas please

Post  Marco Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:29 am

4 trades left. good team but only 2 wins (had 3 rounds with only 19 players posting a score - hence 4 trades left).

BCKS:
Goddard, Enright, Bock, Hodge, S.hill, Broughton, Grimes (Drummond, Petrenko)
MID:
Ablett, Sewell, Judd, Dal Santo, J Selwood, Muston (Picken Anthony)
RCKS:
Mcintosh, Tippet (Spencer, Jacobs)
FWDS:
Pavlich, Okeefe, Delideo, Chapman, Franklin, Krakour, Skipworth (Warren, Macaffer)

Who would u keep for the rest of the year krakour or skipworth?
(want to sell S hill and upgrade one of these and use picken and mston to get elite midfielder)
Use trades now to ensure finals birth or hold on hoping i don't lose another game?

any other suggestions to get me through the year

Marco

Back to top Go down

ideas please Empty Re: ideas please

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:37 am

That's a pretty good team Marco, Have you looked at your upcoming league matches over the next 7 rounds? If you are playing teams who have an average of 2000 or less you might be a chance.

If i was you i would look at your next seven games and see how many you think you can win with the side as it is now. If you can win four or five of your next seven then you might be a chance. Personally i would not do any trades, With only four left you need to save them for down the track. There is no such thing as a stupid trade however S.Hill is getting you points at the moment so with only four trades left i would hang on to him. If i was you i would be doing no trades until round 18 unless you get a star who cops a 5+ week injury.

You don't need another "premium" midfielder you already have Ablett, Sewell, Judd, Dal Santo, J Selwood who are all stars, Muston is a handy 6th string mid and should get you reasonable points most games.

Here is something for you to ponder:

If you trade hill down to a cheapie who can give you the same points thats great.

You then use that money to upgrade Skipworth to Riewoldt who averages about 30 points more i believe.

So what you have effectively done is burn two trades for an extra 30 points each week. How many games have you lost by less than 30 points?

I guess what i am trying to say is DON'T TRADE!!!
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Marco Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:01 am

thanks mate,

i agree with everything u are saying problem is i have played all the teams in my league that have used most of their trades already and am now set to face most of the teams that have trades in hand to make upgrades when they face me, our league is in the top 1200, and their averages are only about 100 less than mine
(should be more but for 3 weeks had only 19 players score even after doing 2 trades a week to cover them), injuries have killed me, when i looked at my rd 1 team only 4 of them have played every game this year.
If luck goes my way i should be alright but losing drummond and ben warren this week and not knowing if krakour and skipworth are gonna keep their place i am left wondering.

Marco

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:50 am

Yeah it's tough with injuries, I would still sit tight and not trade. Maybe make a rule that you only trade if you are going to have to play with 19 players. You can still snatch a win with 20 players on the field and i reckon you have a team that is strong enough to do that. Depending on what happens with Krakouer you might go into this round with only 21 but that's ok the rest of your team (particularly your midfield) is very strong and you have a big chance of winning.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down