Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddy Handed 1 game Suspension

+4
Nuffman
Kosta
bonnie doon thirds
Dav
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Buddy Handed 1 game Suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Buddy Handed 1 game Suspension

Post  fatcat Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Dav wrote:So Richmond have won 10 premierships since it became the AFL Kosta? News to me as I thought Richmond's last one was in 1980. It became the AFL in 1990. Which means Richmond have won 0 premierships, the same as St Kilda since it has been the AFL. All 10 of Richmond's flags were when it was the VFL. Saints only flag was when it was the VFL also.

sorry Kosta but he has you there. St Kilda has won a flag as dav said.

on the buddy bump, being a impartial observer and having seen the tape i'm going to have to go with the majority. Looked like a fair bump to me, caught slightly in the head but it wasn't the first point of contact.

personally i think the afl needs to distinguish on this. Should be based on first point of contact. In a frontal bump its only natural after the hit, for the head of the bumpee to project towards the bumper (for lack of better terms) as their momentum is going that way and neck muscles are not strong enought laterally to prevent this movement (hence whiplash and items like hans devices in racing). Therefore more often then not the head will come forward after the initial contact and head high contact will occur. Think it should be based on initial contact point

don't think that was the first contact point.

Kosta in all honesty if the roles had been reversed would you be that upset. It's a question i ask myself when i get angry at umpires when at the footy (mostly cause my fiancee doesn't like me swearing too much at the footy since there are kids near us Rolling Eyes )
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Buddy Handed 1 game Suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Buddy Handed 1 game Suspension

Post  tony8210 Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Sorry Kosta, I agree with you, I put my glasses on and have reviewed the savage attack.

It clearly shows Buddy hitting him with a baseball bat tongue

I think you should stick to hacki sac in the school yard, stay away from the oval at lunch, there are snipers everywhere Exclamation

Watch tonights episode of "On The Couch" if its not after your bed time!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Firstly, hope you like this avatar better Tony Very Happy Secondly, thanks for making me laugh at the previous post. Sorry Dom but Tony's post now is the funniest Laughing Kosta - you know we are all just joking, everyone is fair game. Hawks almost certain to challenge I heard on the radio so it will be interesting to see what develops during the week Question
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:07 am

Yes all fair game for a laugh,

I see you have put on a little weight Dav, too many latte's dreaming about Big Cox, grab him next year as I doubt I will! Too many rucks coming through now
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:23 am

Yes I have been enjoying the good life, dreaming about the days when we had a superstar midfield. Last few years have driven me to the drink to drown my sorrows as to how far we have plummeted but there is a ray of light at the end of the tunnel I can see now sunny I doubt I will be getting the big Cox either Tony, think he will be priced around the 600K mark next year - concerns over his groin issues & with Nic Nat coming through think his ground time will be reduced. As you said there are plenty of other options coming through. Personally I am thinking Sandilands - have been very happy with him since trading him in for Cox. Because he dominates hit outs & has improved his reading of the play he regularly is scoring 100 each week.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:44 am

Yes so true Dav, i am looking at getting Ottens and Sandi next year but then again I may consider Fraser, Hille, Kreuzer or Clark. Dedinately not getting Cox, there is too much rucks to choose from.
I think the supercoach needs an extra slot so you have 3 rucks and 2 subs to choose from. Who thinks that is a good idea?
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:11 am

I have to say no to that Kosta. Purely because for that to take place you have to take a player away from another position so that you are kept to 22 players. Don't wanna be hit for having too many on the field at one time do ya? Razz

i was thinking of a Kreuzer and Hille combo next year, not too expensive, Kruezer seems to be taking massive steps and next year is his 3rd Razz Where as Hille will be much cheaper and spend abit more time in the forward line resting instead of on the bench or rucking 100%

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:26 am

Don't blame you Dav, Tony's post was pretty funny. How did talking bout buddy's bump turn into who has more premierships king between the tigers and saints and finally who to choose in the rucks next year? lol! People should really change what they are replying to even though its on the same topic (i think?) scratch
Anyway i hear from inside sources at the hawks that they will contest the charge seeings if they are to win this week, buddy has to play.
Rucks next year likely going to be sandi and hille. Want to get a few of the bomber guys in my team next year hoping they can be a top 8 team next year (more consistent footy).
Having 3 rucks would kind of screw up the supercoach system. People would use more cap space in the rucks meaning less everywhere else. Most of my money next year will go for quality backs and forwards.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:37 am

Hille was my 2nd ruck choice also Dom! Sandi & Hille ( will get a discount next year) - Bailey as a backup, possibly Warnock or Luenberger. Want to have a decent backup ruck unlike this year. Harder for rucks to play all 22 games these days so a believe a quality backup a must. Agree that 3 rucks would mess up the supercoach system. Looking at getting 4 premium backs next year, looking for value with mids & forwards. Scary thing is I already have a list of 14 probable lock ins for round 1 2010 but alot can change between now & then Rolling Eyes
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am

Ok just a thought I had in mind. I am going to spend most of my money in the midfield and forward. learnt that there are not many quality backman that reguarly score 100s than there are in the midfield so might as well spend wisely in the backs and spend big in the mid!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:07 am

Also thinking of Bailey as a back up seeing as hawks want a ruckman coming through (have no depth in rucks). Leunberger a bit too injury prone for me. Will play every game next year but will likely get injured just like this year.

There are an endless supply of good scoring mids (why did i change swallow out before lockout round 1 Sad ). I didn't spend much on mids this year my most costly one being selwood at 526k (later got joey and murphy cheap).
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:22 am

if you're going for league win i would suggest buyin gquality in the backs for the very reason you said you wouldn't Kosta. There are a multitude of high scoring ids but quality down back is hard to find so you need to go more premium there. As seen this year there are always quality mids going cheap at some stage during the season. My ruck strategy is going to be whoever i chose as my top two get the backup ruckmen from that team as my reserve. that way if they fall over my backup plays. Spending a bit more on the 3rd can pay dividends, aka my choice to have Tippett as my number 3 meant i didn't have to panic trade cox.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 am

Totally agree Fatcat re backs. Buying 4 premium backs myself for the same reason. Much more depth, bargains in the mids. Probably taking Zac Clarke as my 4th ruck, Freo's 2nd ruck behind Sandilands so if Sandi goes down, Clarke plays. Other thing is to check with Tony who he has selected as his rucks & make sure you do not have any of them Laughing
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 am

woops sorry fatcat thats what i meant except i said it the other way around, my bad!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:35 pm

Buddy Guilty out for two Damm Mad
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Hawks appealing again Thursday

Still hope but I need Chappy as well
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:31 pm

and I was right, I knew he would be found guilty, he deserves two in my opinion!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 am

Right in the context of a very soft, netball type law, wrong on the intent of a hip and shoulder and the spirit of playing AFL.

I will bet my left nut the law is changed next year Basketball I have had the snip and don't need it anymore.
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:16 am

Not over yet boys:-
Hawthorn will fight to save Lance Franklin's season after confirming they would appeal against the star forward's two-game suspension for rough conduct.
The AFL tribunal on Tuesday night found Franklin guilty of engaging in rough conduct against Richmond’s Ben Cousins.
The ban ruled Franklin out of this weekend's top-eight shaping clash against Essendon and Hawthorn's first final should the reigning premiers beat the Bombers.
Hawthorn have appealed on the basis there was an error in law and that no tribunal acting reasonably could have reached this verdict on the evidence before it.
The Hawks will be hoping to emulate Collingwood, who earlier this year became the first club to overturn a suspension handed down by the AFL tribunal when appealing against captain Nick Maxwell's ban for rough conduct.
The AFL appeals board will sit at 5.30pm (EST) on Thursday to hear the case.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:40 am

AFL is too political now. They won't let him off. At least out of this the AFL will have gained at least 10 soccer mums as fans, Unfortunately at least 20 club MEMBERS will lose interest in the game.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:45 am

I will stick to my prediction, a great media story for the week and then he will get off at the death knock.

I hope Very Happy
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2