Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pendlebury, Selwood or Gibbs

5 posters

Go down

Pendlebury, Selwood or Gibbs Empty Pendlebury, Selwood or Gibbs

Post  Kosta Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Who should I choose out of these 3?
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Pendlebury, Selwood or Gibbs Empty Re: Pendlebury, Selwood or Gibbs

Post  The Roach Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Lets start from scratch.....

GIBBS
With carlton missing judd for the first 3 rounds and possibly murphy with a slight hint of OP you could say that GIBBS will benifit from this giving him more oppurtunity to score points. But then again on the downside this will bring him alot more attention from opposition making him the first tag in the carlton midfield. Brock McLean doesn't look like much from his first pre season match so he won't get much help there and carlton already look like there struggeling with a massive amount of injury concers. In saying that thou GIBBS is a gun and if he is gonna have a break out season this will be it. Also Starting around 560k (roughly) he has great potential to grow so looks like a great pick.

SELWOOD
Averaging 110 last year was a great return from SELWOOD as he was a great price, this year thou you are paying a high price at 588k so we gotta hope he'll be worth it. In Roachies opinion SELWOOD deffently looks the goods this year as he is the youngets of the cats midfield and will be used alot more in the bulk of the midfield. SELWOODS main asset is his abiity to always be in the play giving him the best oppurtunites to score big. His disposal effecentcy is reasonable for supercoach but not great, but his free's for count last year was in the top 5 of the competion which is a bonus. SELWOOD will provide you with a consistent 100+ to 110 each week but sometimes finds it hard to hit the big 150 especially with such guns as ABLETT, BARTELL, CHAPMAN stealing points off him.

PENDEL
Last but not least PENDEL. One of collingwoods outside movers with excerletent disposal effectency and great abilty to find the ball. Collingwood are one team that people tend to forget about when it comes to supercoach as there playerss dont seem to stand out as much as others, but week in week out they always seem to rack up points. PENDEL has the ablity to rack up huge scores as seen last year but is the most injury prone out of the three players you've pick (a massive worry in supercoach) also PENDEL is the most expensive which is also a downside.

Overall i see Selwood as your best pick unless you already have ablett, if you do have ablett i would go gibbs just to mix it up.

Reason for picking Selwood - mainly just his proven ablity over the last 2 years, plays for a strong team who will win 17 to 18 games this year and plays around strong players would will benfit in his points scored. Looks to be a safe pick as the other two might let you down over 22 games.

Hope that helps mate sorry about the spelling was just rushing through the typing haha

Cheers Mate

Roachie
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:55 am

agree i had to make this very call as well and decided on Selwood.

Think he could ramp up with some big hundreds this year (last years nab cup final ring a bell) and will be used more and more in the mids as the others rotate between there and the forwards.

Also Joel Corey out for the first few weeks so that could give him a points kickstart.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:50 am

would go for selwood as the others said. gibbs might start of slow with a tag that he's never gotten before (will he handle it?).
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:13 am

Ok thanks guys I will choose Selwood from what Roach has said

So this is my current midfield: Ablett, Montagna, Selwood, McVeigh, Trengove, Martin Very Happy
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:28 am

I am making this same decision at the moment however i am leaning down a different road so i will explain why. I already have Ablett and i am not 100% convinced the cats will be as dominant this year so i am reluctant to take Sellwood and have to rely on two guys in the same team to score the bulk of my MID points as i am playing 3 starting rookies and Cooney in the MID. Gibbs i like however i think he will struggle early without Judd, also i want to grab Judd later in the year so i don't want to have Judd and Gibbs in the same midfield. So i am going with Pendles simply because he is a great user of the ball and i think its a safe bet the pies will be top 5 (and im a bomber).

If i didnt have Ablett already or if i was running 4 premiums in the MID then i wouldn't hesitate on Sellwood.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down