Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap 2nd Rucks

+5
Antman
fatcat
Dom
Pearman
Tony73
9 posters

Go down

Cheap 2nd Rucks Empty Cheap 2nd Rucks

Post  Tony73 Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:53 am

I know there was no Cox and no ruck competition but geez Nick Nat looked ok, defensive pressure, tackles, ball handling, could he actually be a second ruck as I recon he will get alot of gametime up forward whilst playing second fiddle to Cox?

The other interesting one is Seaby/ Mumford, who will take no1 ruck duties in Sydney? Anyone considering one of these two as a second ruck?

Last edited by Tony73 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Cheap 2nd Rucks Empty Re: Cheap 2nd Rucks

Post  Pearman Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:09 am

I reckon thats a good point, but I think naitanui's impressive display last night is more of an indicator not pick cox than to pick naitanui, maybe in a couple of years. But I reckon cox's points will suffer from it.
Nic nat might be tempting if cox gets an LTI, that might be interesting.
Pearman
Pearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:48 am

Yeah he looked good against bellchambers. bell can barely run let alone keep up with nat. when cox is fit, nats ruck time will be cut down. impressive game but only worthy of consideration next year and beyond or if cox goes down like pearman said.

was thinking about using one of seaby or mummy since they now play for sydney. they'll split ruck duties so not as much time as possible. but sydney's game plan is what made me think of them. always want stoppages. look at jolly last year and how well he scored.....some of the time.
i would likely go mummy since he was paid so much, no point letting him play second fiddle to seaby. probably only get as a cash cow.

gone with a gun ruck this year instead of last year. tried to pull a cox and sandi combo but so far only a sandi and mcintosh.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 am

don't know if i'd go mcintosh this year. Think the roos will be pretty keen to get some more TOG into Goldstein this year. Always hesitant to pick high priced players in teams that have new coaches. Just never know what there role will be. Hard to go past Kruezer as 2 this year. in his 3rd year in the afl, has barely missed a game and will only improve, less rucktime or not.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Antman Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:51 am

Nic nat will get more time on the park but I try and pick the rucks that play most of the game to maximise their potential, I think kruz ,hille, brogan, sandi, h-mac and whoever the tigers ruck is going to be are the ones to look for
Antman
Antman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:56 am

At the moment I have Kreuzer and Tippet, thinks thats pretty good but there is also good value in Hille, Mumford, Seaby, Warnock and these guys, just watch the NAB cup and the round 1 teams before picking your side.

After Naitanuis' performance, I am strongly considering him and putting Tippett forward but I want to see Cox play with Nic Nat in the next NAB cup game to see if Nic Nat goes up forward while Cox is playing ruck. He is fast becoming my favourite player in the West, I love him, how could you not Very Happy
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Pearman Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:05 am

Yeah, I have kreuzer and hille/tippett just wondering which one to stick with? does anyone think hille will be a consistent performer from the start (I need convincing), if not is tippett really gonna rise rapidly this year?
Pearman
Pearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:07 am

Well Hille not playing in the NAB Cup is not going to help, i think Knights is going to ease him into it and play him 50% game time until he is 100% and Tippett definately has more to offer and should go up in value and scores!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  nirvana Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:46 am

If theres one thing i learnt from last nights match, its that bellchambers and bock are useless Mad
nirvana
nirvana

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Especially Bock. This guy is skinner than a rake Very Happy, he needs to hit the gym before he gets another game! And Bellchambers has some potential, just needs to work on his skills a bit, but his tap work is ok just needs to work on his ground game!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:18 am

Tha's why Hooker will be there for the season. gonna be a better back up than both of them and can play back.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:40 am

This from the herald sun, look at those stats! Take out the hit outs and its still a score worthy of a midfielder!

"Naitanui dominated the hit-outs on Friday night, made nine tackles, and kicked four goals from his 18 disposals, which included 16 contested possessions.

After just 10 senior games in the second half of last season, he was the complete package against Essendon, when he was given 67 per cent of game time. Naitanui smothered brilliantly, marked spectacularly, had seven clearances and 11 score involvements".
"But John's made it clear already that both Dean and Nic will spend a lot of time in the forward line when the other is on the ball,"
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 am

only 67% of game time, I think that should be enough to convince us all he is capable. I can't imagine he will play anymore time than that even when COX is in the team so more time forward could result in more goals/marks. Having said that most of his points would have come from tackles and contested posessions which he will probably not get as many of with lesser time spent in the middle.

I am so tempted to get him, I currently have SANDI and LUENBERG who i think will have a great season and a bargin should he stay injury free but NAT looks a steal at 300k if friday night can become a consistant result for him.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:48 am

Mark Seaby is also another ruckman to consider.

This is also from the Herald Sun:

'Seaby finally has an opportunity to assume the No.1 ruck position this season. After being the understudy to Dean Cox at West Coast, the premiership ruckman will take over the role from the departing Darren Jolly at the Sydney Swans. Despite managing just five games last season, barring any injuries or suspension, he should play all 22 games this year, as Jolly did in his first year at the Swans. He has failed to average more than 59 Dream Team points in any season to date, but he should eclipse this in 2010 with an increase in game time and greater responsibility. He is mobile for a big man and he can also go forward and have an impact on the scoreboard, booting 19 in 2007 - the second-most of any ruckman that year.'
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down