Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never to early to start brainstorming.

+4
fatcat
Dom
tony8210
Nuffman
8 posters

Go down

Never to early to start brainstorming. Empty Never to early to start brainstorming.

Post  Nuffman Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:39 pm

I was thinking (and before anyone asks, yes it did hurt!).

Rucks are always a problem (Thanks Tony Razz)

I was thinking of starting something like: Sandilands/Kreuzer/Hille/Cheapo that will hopefully play

Or mayhaps just a Kreuzer/Hille/cheapox2 if top suggestion bit too much

What do you guys think?

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Never to early to start brainstorming. Empty Re: Never to early to start brainstorming.

Post  tony8210 Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:57 am

Like I said I will not comment on rucks until rd 3, no one will know who I pick. there are lots out there now so will be a little harder to pick who will actually play!

I like Fatcats idea (i think it was him) on the back ups being in the same team:

Sandi-Z Clarke
Clarke-Lurenburg/CHarman
Hille- Bellchambers
Kruezer-Jacobs-Hampson
Jolly-White
Cox-Nicknat

The combinations are endless!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Never to early to start brainstorming. Empty Re: Never to early to start brainstorming.

Post  Dom Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:53 am

Think White will play every game unless he gets injured. Since Hall and Mickey O left, Swans don't have a forward. Lions are looking to trade Charman since Clark is there with Luenberger backing him up. I also think Knights likes Hooker playing instead of Bellchambers and might even throw Ryder in there next year.
But a pretty good idea.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:42 pm

think your best double combo would be cox - nicnat. Nicnat guaranteed to be the second and can score well. All the other combos a little doubtfull over whether they are the second best. Esp Carlton and Essendon.

Clark will be overpriced as he won't spend as much time on ball with Leuenberger back. Charman as the 3rd option if one falls over. White not a bad pickup but bit patchy. Zac wouldn't score enough if sandi was out.

at this stage i'm thinking cox, nat, Hille/kreuzer and a cheapie.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayman24 Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:33 pm

COX AND SANDILANDS WITH NATANUI AS BENCH AND A 83,400 RESERVE

Jayman24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayman24 Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:35 pm

mAYBE mIKE pYKE

Jayman24

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:52 am

For the love of God Jayman learn how to use "caps lock" confused confused
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:47 am

Ha hA ha HA hA Ha

ThATs fUnNy as F**K
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:58 am

Well put Bonnie Laughing Think I have my rucks set for next year already but much can happen in between
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 am

Same for at least 2 of mine. Will only change them if they suffer an season ending injury pre season.

Any plans for premium-mid priced-rookie in each position? I'll probably look for mid pricers mainly in the mids with premiums probably ruling my forwards with smokies and 2 or 3 premiums in the back.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayman24 Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:29 am

Soz

Cox and Sandilands with pyke and natanui as bench

Jayman24

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:51 am

Jayman24,
If you go with Cox & Sandilands as starting rucks, Naitanui & Pyke on your bench you will have the most expensive ruck combo in supercoach next year!
I have been working out their prices & by my calculations Cox will be about 595,000, Sandilands 545,000, Naitanui 310,000 & Pyke 205,000. That means you will be spending $1,655,000 on your rucks alone. With a budget of 10 million it leaves you only $8,345,000 for your remaining 26 players. It may sound like plenty of money left but believe me you will be compromising your backs, mids & forwards by spending so much money in the rucks. Obviously it is your call, your team, but I would reconsider spending so much in the rucks myself Surprised
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Too right Dav
I have picked a squad based on new prices and have no cash at all, GAJ $751K. Looking at Otten and Hille to be real cheap and spend the cash else where, sorry did I cough about rucks LOL I know you's wont take risks like this LOL or will you!!! Laughing Rolling Eyes
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:08 am

haha thats funny tony
I was just wondering how you go about calculating the prices for next year, if you could tell me that would be great!
Cheers
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:33 am

Fan footy web site has a link called fanplanner, where all the new prices are done and you can pick a squad. I recon some prices wont be quite right ie blokes coming back from injury??? but its a bit of fun to do, very hard as lots of premiums around and above 600k so money is tight

Position changes too, Goddard a Mid now aaaaarrrrrgg
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:58 am

Sweet thanks, is GAJ really 750k!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:00 am

Yep, Swan 680k
Cox, Sandi and Clarke all top dollar
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:32 am

mmm and Goddard midfield, no one is going to choose him. Wow going to be hard picking a decent team next year if all the prices are like that!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Never to early to start brainstorming. Empty Re: Never to early to start brainstorming

Post  Dom Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:19 am

Nice site tony. Next year is going to be hard to pack on with all the premiums. I can't beleive that many mids made over 600k. Might just stick with the 500k mids next year. There are a few bargains though in each position which i saw. The prices they had for some players who were injured this year was discounted like Hille (under 300k).

quick question - who thinks jesse white can be the kurt tippett of next year? Razz

i just made an account to try it Very Happy
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:00 am

Dom with Barry Hall and Micky O gone I think he may have a breakout year next year but then again they also have good forwards coming through in Patty Vezpremi and Lewis Johnston. Not too many people know about Lewis but they may experiment with him next year. But certainly Jesse's year next year!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:43 am

Agree 100% Kosta - White could be in for a big year, not sure if to the same degree as Tippett but does show some real potential. Lewis Johnston is someone I am looking at as a bench player for round 1. As you said with Micky O, Hall gone positions available. I heard they may try him at Centre Half Back, Leo Barry gone, Lewis Roberts-Thompson groomed for full back, Ted Richards playing on the 3rd tall. Veszpremi has much potential but is very injury prone. Will be cheap, so see how he goes in pre-season. The rucks are going to be very interesting next year. Yes, Hille will be cheap but remember he did his acl round 5, most players take a full year to recover from an acl so not sure if he will be right for round 1. Plus being a big man they would want to make sure it is 100%. The only player I can recall coming back from a knee reco & playing well straight away is Goddard. Most take 2 years to get back to the same level they were at before. Much to ponder & it is still 2009!
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:30 am

Yep good call Dav
I am looking at getting Sandilands and maybe Kreuzer next year as my combo and get rookie ruckman that will play round 1!
Sound good?
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:43 am

Exactly the same combo I have penciled in Very Happy Only worry is how much time Kruezer will get in the ruck when Warnock is fit. Blues want to send Kruezer forward more next year so not sure how that will effect his scores. He is mobile, goal kicking solid so should still score well.Will watch NAB with interest. For a rookie ruck have a look at Matthew Lobbe from Port. Lade gone so Brogan needs a backup. Lobbe has been very good in the 2nd half of the SANFL season. Good stats. Moves well, got 43 hit outs in one game recently so looks likely to be Port's 2nd ruck. I am debating about having Warnock as the other ruck - 134K but if Kruezer goes down then Warnock will get more game time. Blues also have Hampson, Jacobs on their list so complicates things. Warnock very injury prone also- just gone in for shoulder surgery. Leaning towards getting a cheap rookie ruck at 83K & using the money elsewhere.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Yeah but Lobbe still looks raw, he looks to young and skinny. Though I heard that he is mobile and can go up forward and kick a bag. Definately going to watch the NAB cup and if he plays round 1 may have him in the team! never know, still early days though!
All i know is that picking a good team next year will be quite difficult Wink
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down