Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think, Can I beat this team? opinions please

4 posters

Go down

What do you think, Can I beat this team? opinions please Empty What do you think, Can I beat this team? opinions please

Post  tony8210 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 am

Can I win this knockout game or will I go out in straight sets???? My team is on the left, nothing else I can do apart from put Hurley or White on the park but I doubt I should if grimes was in I would start him ahead of Gilbee.
Opponent has alot of rookies and mid tiers but at this time of the year they are playing for their careers and most seem to be scoring 60+
Alot of premiums let me down last week Hodge, Drummond, Pavlich, Stevie, Bartell, lost by 60 and these blokes should have all scored 20-30pts more each, my opponent had none of them!

Hit me with your expert opinions boys and girls, could be my last topic started this year, I think it will come down to the wire with Roo against NDS and Dawson in the late game Sunday:D

Newman v Enright
Drummond v Lockyer
Hodge V Hurn
Gilbert v Gilbert
Goddard v Goddard

Gilbee v Dawson
Broughton v Armfield or Rance

Swan (cpt) v GAJ (cpt i presume)
J Selwood v NDS
Judd v Corey
Gibbs v gibbs
Bartell v Bartell

Anthony v Rich

Jolly v Hmac
Kruezer v Gardiner

Riewolt (vc) v Fevola
Pavlich v Tredrea
buddy v Buddy
S Johnson v T CLoke
Porp v M Brown
Lids v Osbourne
Mad Chappy(donut) Mad v Krackour or Wiggins
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

What do you think, Can I beat this team? opinions please Empty Re: What do you think, Can I beat this team? opinions please

Post  mattybomb22 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:34 am

You most likely will win. The only thing that could stop you is GAblett
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

What do you think, Can I beat this team? opinions please Empty Re: What do you think, Can I beat this team? opinions please

Post  Dav Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Tony- on paper you have this guy covered easily. Would be shocked if he got up. For starters you have Broughton averaging over 100 playing Demons this week v Armfield or Rance that score about 50 at best. I would prefer Gilbee over Dawson also- he has much more potential to pull out a 100 point score. Mids even if not in your favour with Dane Swan playing tigers whilst GAJ has swans. All of your 5 forwards that are different to his should score much more heavily & more than make up for Chappy out v Krakour or Wiggins. Think Roo might have a big one this week v Bombers after having a week off.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks boys, Im just real nervous as I had last weeks opponent on paper easily as well, those premiums I listed were just real dissapointing and as the season winds up they could be winding up as well Exclamation
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:04 am

Well this is my Grand Final because if I win Im in the money. With only 4 left and one of those cheating auto fill team after rd3 (she beat me last week) Mad our prize money is for the top 3!

I have scored a carton as a side bet saw him get knocked out last week so at least I will have cold beer to drown my sorrows and continue to spew over my trade jinx's

Highly likely to end in tears with my luck the last 6 weeks Sad
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 pm

The rot with my premiums has started already Hodge 50pts Evil or Very Mad

Hope it gets better
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Looking a little better with Swan, Newman and Lids posting good scores, my opponents 140 from Cloke did not impress me, I seem to bring out the best in my opponents players.
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Still alive, won by 47pts Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Was real nerve racking as I had 140pt lead going into the saints game. It was my Riewolt head to head against NDS, Gardiner and Dawson. Watching NDS rack in the first half and Roo struggle was tough!

There is hope next week as I had my opponent covered as well by 5 pts, even with the Chappy donut. He may now take a donut as M Brown has a suspected broken ankle with no cover!

My jinx may be turning
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:15 am

Tony, i thought the jinx was for ruckmen? Congrats on the win though. Save the tears for another week as your luck may continue. I hate when the inconsistent players of the year only pull out a big score when they are versing you.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:05 am

The jinx extends to Adcock and Chappy as well especially Adcock as he cost me being able to get GAJ this year, things are looking up as Dempsy may be out (hammy) for my opponent as well!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down