Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Back: Adcock, Gilbee, Grimes, Broughton is benched this week

4 posters

Go down

Which Back: Adcock, Gilbee, Grimes, Broughton is benched this week Empty Which Back: Adcock, Gilbee, Grimes, Broughton is benched this week

Post  tony8210 Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 am

I have a must win game this week. So which bloke do I bench down back.

Adcock: Could be tagging someone from Cats
Gilbee: Form and injury? Playing Pies
Broughton: Adelaide at AAMI
Grimes:Port Adelaide at home.

I think Grimes is a walk up start as for the rest I need advice ???
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Which Back: Adcock, Gilbee, Grimes, Broughton is benched this week Empty Re: Which Back: Adcock, Gilbee, Grimes, Broughton is benched this week

Post  fatcat Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:56 am

despite the fact he scored well last week i would say Broughton this week unless Drummond is back. Then possibly Adcock. He has been taking the place of Drummond in the backline lately. Just remember that rookies will have a slump.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Which Back: Adcock, Gilbee, Grimes, Broughton is benched this week Empty Re: Which Back: Adcock, Gilbee, Grimes, Broughton is benched this week

Post  BlueStorm Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:17 am

I'd bench either Adcock or Broughton. I reckon Gilbee is slowly building back to form, and seemed to run a lot better last week, indicating he is over the foot niggles. I must admit I've come down with a man-crush on Broughton - so many points from so few dollars. The way he plays, he is scoring plenty regardless of how the Purple Haze butcher the ball.

If you are tipping Geelong this week, I'd be benching Adcock.
BlueStorm
BlueStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:30 am

given that Adcock averages over 100 against Geelong i wouldn't be benching him. I always enjoy when my backmen play against good opposition, they get more of the ball in my opinion.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:34 am

Yep YSCC web site lists Adcock as a potential Capt choice from his good record!

I will be keeping Broughts on the pine and watch the nest egg grow tongue
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueStorm Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 am

Doubt I'd make him Captain (unless you have a truly crap team), but can see your point. There may be little in it, and as long as Brougton keeps bringing in the bukcs, you really can't lose either way. Doesn't look like Drummond will be back for another week, so safe on FatCat's theory
BlueStorm
BlueStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:39 am

agree i wouldn't be making him captain either. Would have to be an extremely crap team to do that.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:01 am

Adcock ACL 11pts Mad

Do we think Broughton is a keeper as now Hurley is playing I have him as cover for the duration.

PS I was never considering him for Captain
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:12 am

this is easy...LOL Adcock he's only gonna get you 11 points...
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueStorm Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Certainly, Broughton has proved he can accumulate points even when they get hammered. Rapidly becoming more of the more consistent scorers each week...
BlueStorm
BlueStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down