Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D'Ambrosio secures Virgin seat

Go down

D'Ambrosio secures Virgin seat Empty D'Ambrosio secures Virgin seat

Post  vipluis Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Virgin Racing have confirmed Jerome D'Ambrosio will drive for the team from the start of the 2011 Formula One season.

The 24-year-old Belgian has been signed to partner Timo Glock after impressing during a number of Friday practice outings for the team at selected grands prix last season.

The announcement leaves Lucas Di Grassi without a drive for 2011, the Brazilian driver having failed to live up to expectations in the team's debut campaign.

"I'm thrilled to have achieved my goal of a Formula One race seat with Marussia Virgin Racing," D'Ambrosio said.

"When I came to the team in September this year it was everything I could hope for. I had a tough test to complete because there was a lot of competition for this seat but at the same time I got on well with the team and felt that I had found my home.

"I feel very comfortable with them - they are extremely professional and ambitious people, and it is exciting to think that I can be a part of shaping the team's future."

D'Ambrosio has spent the past four seasons competing in the GP2 Series, following earlier stints in GP2 Asia, F3000 Euroseries and Formula Renault.

He also held the role of reserve and test driver for the Renault F1 team last season, and enjoyed a successful evaluation period with Virgin which saw him contest the opening practice sessions ahead of grands prix in Singapore, Japan, South Korea and Brazil.

D'Ambrosio's first outing at the wheel of the new VR-02 will come at the Valencia pre-season test in February.

Copyright PA Sport 2010, All Rights Reserved

Last edited by vipluis on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

vipluis

Back to top Go down

D'Ambrosio secures Virgin seat Empty Re: D'Ambrosio secures Virgin seat

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:51 am

A successful young guy!!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum