Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is ROBERTS - PODS a good trade for me??

3 posters

Go down

Is ROBERTS - PODS a good trade for me?? Empty Is ROBERTS - PODS a good trade for me??

Post  wardie Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:10 am

Back- Hodge, Enight, Goddard, H.Shaw, Waite, Mal, Hunt (Nason, Salvani)

Mid - GAJ, Selwood, Trengrove, Danger, Barlow, Martin (Kayler-Thompson, Bastanic)

Ruck - Sandi, Nic nat (Warnock, Lobe)

For - Pav, ROK, Higgins, Brennan, Hall, K.Tippet, J.Z (Gumby, Roberts)

Am thinking that ROBERTS - POD will be valuable in long run as i am battling a bit with my Rookies making me the cash necessary to make the upgrades mostly in the middle.

I have only used 1 trade ROO - ROK.

Is it just a panic trade with all the talk about PODS or can it pay off as even if ROBERTS cements a spot it may take him about 10 weeks to make the same $$ PODS will in 2 weeks.

Thoughts appreciated.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Is ROBERTS - PODS a good trade for me?? Empty Re: Is ROBERTS - PODS a good trade for me??

Post  tony8210 Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:22 am

Only one trade used would give it some consideration but he is your no.9 and made no cash. I do feel he will play more games at some stage as he has played well in the Magoos.

I would not get sucked in to what a potential rookie may make you in coming weeks, to do that trade you should be looking at Pods to be a keeper, but at this stage his JS is not secure for the season aka Barlow, Trengove, Martin, Scully. Remember Muston last year, everyone jumped on him after 2 and he did not play again, sure he jumped in price real quick but it cost everyone 2 trades to get that cash!

As Fatcat has said Rookies will come and go all year, your no.9 does not have to be playing if it means a trade!

In saying this I will be considering Hitchcock if he is dropped this week but thats a diferent situation, he has made a bit but unlike Roberts Hitchy is unlikely to get back into the side unless injuries strike!Whilst he is playing though Im not looking at the Rock/Pods show, its too early
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Is ROBERTS - PODS a good trade for me?? Empty Re: Is ROBERTS - PODS a good trade for me??

Post  wardie Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:02 am

Thats exactly what i am thinking and i remember the muston situation all to clearly. I am thinking i will hold as the cash is not overly important at this stage with the cash cows in my mids still to make some cash and get me closer to the upgrade targets that i will be looking at. JUst hope that ROBERTS can string a few games together so that he can make us who went with him some much needed $$.

I think your right also about waiting as from past season experience there will be another rookie who will pop his head up mid season and mkae some $$ and by that stage ROBERTS should have made a little money which will enable me to gain a little more $$ in the long run.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:28 am

The tigers have got some real light kids playing who are gona get knocked around so I would be more confident he will get a run soon ie Nason, Taylor amongst others.

Just remember many other may get good points and cash out of Pods or Rockliff but those point will more likely be sitting on the bench and as I said before to release the cash costs two trades. Whilst we will have the extra trade up our sleeve when everyone elso runs out second half!

I got sizzled last year trading in Macaffer after playing two for Walker last year. Macaffer did not play again!!! Walker played again!!!!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Get Well Barlow21 Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:00 am

Would have been a ripper trade now! Very Happy
Get Well Barlow21
Get Well Barlow21

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:29 am

I never got Pods or Rockliff, on top of all but 1 of my 5 leagues and have trades in the bank. Most are looking to trade them out now so that 2 trades used, maybe 3 for an upgrade

I did however get Henderson and am loving him! Gumby also coming good on the pine!

Averaging 2260
Overall around 2100
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Get Well Barlow21 Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:14 pm

tony8210 wrote:I never got Pods or Rockliff, on top of all but 1 of my 5 leagues and have trades in the bank. Most are looking to trade them out now so that 2 trades used, maybe 3 for an upgrade

I did however get Henderson and am loving him! Gumby also coming good on the pine!

Averaging 2260
Overall around 2100

Well done Tony! Smile
Get Well Barlow21
Get Well Barlow21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down