Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No panic button just yet!

+7
SC17
Antman
Nuffman
tony8210
wardie
Linkster
sobeyyy
11 posters

Go down

No panic button just yet! Empty No panic button just yet!

Post  sobeyyy Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 am

Anyone have any ideas of what i should do this week.

D: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Kennelly, Waite, Harbrow, Waters (Maguire, Silvagni)
M: Ablett, Dal, Boyd, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (Jetta, Bastinac)
R: Clark, Natanui (Warnock, Trengove)
F: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Franklin, Gray, Tippett, Hall, Hitchcock (Gumbleton, Roberts)

Bank - 76,000

I only scored 1881 this week, but dont want to hit the panic button too early. I would like to maybe put in eg. brown, peterson before there prices rise. Any ideas of what to do this week???

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

No panic button just yet! Empty Re: No panic button just yet!

Post  Linkster Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 am

indeed no time to panic...Bastinac onfield for Trengrove...Franklin's back this week....personally not much there worth panicing about was jus 1st round..I'm sure buddy is champing at the bit to start his season and i'm sure he'll do well..Gray i don't know about but he's a good pick...although it was reported up here today that malceski and kennelly are a real worry and may not play this week..i hope they are wrong, but it was reported on the news here this morning!!! keeping a close eye on them 2...
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 am

Hope that GRAY plays and hold out until BUDDY gets back. There were a few poor performers in your team this week which will not happen very often i.e. CLARKE, TIPPET, HALL, TRENGROVE. FOrward mids may battle (alough i have the same ones! Sad)

Not a bad team overall just a poor week i would say. While it is not competitive yet i would save those precious trades!

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am

Nothing mate, you had Gray and Buddy out which would have put you up around the 2100 mark.

You need to just suck up the mistake of picking Gray as any skerick of an injury should have rung the alarm bells prior to lockout! Just hope he is named this week but be prepared for it to linger on! I suffered like this with Stevie J last year, it was always," he's a good chance this week", "should play", "trained well", it went on and on. I think Gray is a huge injury risk going into the midfield this year as he has some history fof soft tissue "itis"

Sit tight because you have a solid team Very Happy
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am

You have a good team Sobeyyy! As the otehrs have said, Franklin and Gray coming in will boost your team immensely! Just sit tight mate, and watch it gel!

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  Antman Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 am

sobeyy no need to panic your rookies are all playing buddy back this week maybe gray too bring on round 2
Antman
Antman

Back to top Go down

Post  SC17 Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Looks like a really good team to me too sobeyy. 2 quality players back in brings the score up to 2000 easy. Bastinac in for Trengove as Linkster has already said. Dont panic, its a long season and trades up your sleeve are gold. I have already been advised about knee jerk reactions in week 1.

SC17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:37 pm

your teams strong so theres nothing to worry about. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  sobeyyy Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Cheers guys,
Yeah think i might sit this one out!
Yeah i also didnt go too well as i had jetta on field instead of barlow,,,so i lost 103 points there!

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Linkster wrote:indeed no time to panic...Bastinac onfield for Trengrove...Franklin's back this week....personally not much there worth panicing about was jus 1st round..I'm sure buddy is champing at the bit to start his season and i'm sure he'll do well..Gray i don't know about but he's a good pick...although it was reported up here today that malceski and kennelly are a real worry and may not play this week..i hope they are wrong, but it was reported on the news here this morning!!! keeping a close eye on them 2...

Where is your source?
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:55 pm

wsfm 101.7,..mix 106 fm.96.5 and 104.7..being sydney based is like being adelaide based..they are the only afl team and news filtered out all day..i just saying what was reported here today!!! affraid
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:58 pm

why wouldn't they play? Injury?
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:59 pm

they are saying they both recieved head injuries and are very uncertain to play this week end..thats all they are reporting at present here!!
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:01 pm

They probably looked at their respective sc scores got excited and butted each other, bloody hell I don't want Nason playing
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Roos said today they would both be given only light training duties early in the week but will both be right for the weekends game.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Considering Ceski copped his in the opening bounce and continued to play (an AWESOME GAME), one would assume he'd be right to play this week also...

Kennely's was sickening, Dawson shoulda copped something for it in my opinion

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 am

kennelly took a decent hit but heard he looked fine after the game. if malceski played on for the entire game after that knock, i doubt they will rest him like nuffman said. both shouldn't be a worry to miss this week.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:20 am

Yer I heard it on FOX Sports, both in doubt, Kennelly was vomiting after the game.

I would say roos was just making a big deal out of it to try and get Dawson rubbed out as he was very unhappy they threw it out of match review.

Agree Mal will be OK, Kennely in doubt as they normally dont let you play after being completely KOed
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:08 am

didn't know about kennelly. after the game, the commentators were saying he looked fine walking the boundary. never again will i trust commentators Evil or Very Mad
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  sobeyyy Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 am

just heard no robbie gray again this week and possibly more. Ill just leave it this week but if he keeps missing would it be wise to trade him out for say johno brown or higgins?

sobeyyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:41 am

if it was me ..i would seriously be thinking bout blowing an early trade but its not me...he maybe good value to you if he gets right...its a tuff one..didn't Brown go Ok last week..sorry i really don't want to influence you..again its a tuffy!! Embarassed
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 am

sobeyyy wrote:just heard no robbie gray again this week and possibly more. Ill just leave it this week but if he keeps missing would it be wise to trade him out for say johno brown or higgins?

Same boat as you Sobeyyy. thinking of the same players as well. i have cover this week, but if he isn't playing next week, i might have to pull the trigger.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:10 am

out till round 4 choco said. see herald sun website.

Back to top Go down

Post  Talking Head Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:26 am

I have Gray as well but am reluctant to trade him out. He wont play next week or probably the week after but if he comes back for round 4 when the leagues start then all will be well. It was probably a mistake picking him in the starting team but once he starts he will be a gun. Just seems like a waste of a trade so early in the season for a player who will be racking up the points in a few weeks. Trade at your peril.
Talking Head
Talking Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum