Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New version - #???

4 posters

Go down

New version - #??? Empty New version - #???

Post  wardie Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Back- Hodge, Enight, Goddard, H.Shaw, Waite, Mal, Hunt (Waters, Webberly)

Mid - GAJ, Cooney, Masten, Danger, Barlow, Martin (Jetta, Bastanic)

Ruck - Sandi, Nic nat (Warnock, Standley)

For - Pav, Roo, Brennan, Gia, Hall, T.Walker, J.Z (rockliff, Stewart)

Ok guys i have $60k left in bank, I can not decide on a final team and i have changed this one around a little. There are a few obscure choices in BRENNAN, WALKER. Obviously like everyone else the emergency's may change.

Interested in how ppl think i can spend the extra cash and where it would be the most benificial... I am unsure of my 7th forward but i see a massive potential in WALKER i also consider POLKINGHORNE and MAYNE which i can afford.

Please throw some suggestions or improvements that you can see. All welcome!

wardie

Back to top Go down

New version - #??? Empty Re: New version - #???

Post  wardie Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 am

Any thoughts on this team guys. Is a bit too left field?? Or a few chnges will sure it up??

Thought appreciated!

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:21 am

Hey wardie. Team looks good.

Backs look good if waite can get up round 1.

mids look ok. using danger for MPP rule? only 1 real gun here (i don't count cooney as one).

rucks: nice combo.

forwards: like the choice of brennan. may be inconsistent but is an X factor. moving to the mids doesn't hurt his chances either. on your 7th forward is up to you. all 3 of those guys should improve but you have to go with your gut. i've gone with mayne of those 3 because i saw a bit of him last year. walker will be good if he pull off the transition to midfield. got a big body to be used in the midfield but is pretty fast for a guy of his size.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:48 am

Basically moved DANGER in the mids as i thought that there was more value in the 250-300k forwards than midfielfers of the same price (might sound silly but there really only is STAKER, WALKER??) so i thought i would put danger in the middle and get a forward in the 250-300k value. And yea i can use the MPP rule with PAV, BRENNAN and DANGER should i have an injury somewhere.

WALKER looked good in the preseason but that was when TIPPET was not playing. I am thinking that POLKINGHORNE may be a better choice as he played every game last year and averaged about 60, with natural progression i think he should improve about 10 or so, that would be a nice result as a 7th forward.

Just quickly on MAYNE i like him a lot but i can't see him scoring the same as he did when PAV comes back into the team, don't think he is quite up to a midfield rotation role yet but i really do like him. I also had a thought that he was injured or had picked up a niggle, groin i think?? Considering he is quite injury prone may be better to look somewhere else or take the risk if you really like him. As you said it is all about your gut feeling!

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:38 am

Wardie you have an awesome team. Would you like to play in
superroach div a. Theres still some spots left. Code is 872020. Hope
to see you there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 am

Charlo i thought you were in div B?

wardie don't mind the moves you made.
polkinghorne should improve and been toying with him as well.
mayne got bumped i think 2 or 3 weeks ago in a match and was out the rest of the match. he pulled up sore but was said to be fine. has an injury past and won't be playing much mids as he will be one of freo's main targets up forward.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks Charlo i did join that league. Who else is in it? Obviously only guys from superroach??

Thanks for the feedback guys i made the change of WALKER to POLKINGHORNE as i think he will be a lot more consistant over the course of the season.

Taking BRENNAN as a rick and X factor that i think very few will have in theirs. He is definatly a player all should consider as he is entering a season after doing a full preseason and a lot more mature player who will not have to do any rucking this year, with his workrate and tacking ability he should score consistant 100's for WARDS WEAPONS!

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am

I like the Brennan selection, certainly has the X factor and on his day can rip a game appart and could score big, the flip side of course is that he can also go missing. At high $400K you could also get Tippet (same 'go missing factor' as Brennan), Gia or Higgins (who are both looking good). Higgins especially.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 am

Like HIGGINS i just think he is a little overpriced. I know that may sound strange but with so many others in the bulldogs outfit capable of going through the middle he may get his points taken from him. however after last year he is a proven player as well as goal kicker so he should be a safe choice.

I just feel that BRENNAN will provide a team of consistant players with that X factor of being able to pull that 130-150+ score that may set my team apart from others. On that note that is why i have also chosen NIC NAT with COX still not a certian starter and if he is he will be slightly restricted so NAT will provide a great scoring potential as well as a possible cash cow that could be upgreade at a later date.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:23 am

Back- Hodge, Enight, Goddard, H.Shaw, Waite, Mal, Hunt (Waters, Webberly)

Mid - GAJ, Cooney, Conners, Danger, Barlow, Martin (Jetta, Bastanic)

Ruck - Sandi, Nic nat (Warnock, Standley)

For - Pav, Roo, Brennan, Gia, Hall, Gray, J.Z (rockliff, Stewart)

Ok changed again but for the better i think. I have made the trade of MASTEN - CONNERS who i really rate as a player and moving into i think his 3rd year under a new coach with what seems to be a defined role i think he will have a consistant season at least average around 60-70 which will make a lot of cash to be upgraded later.

The big upside to this trade was it allowd me to upgrade POLKINGHORNE - GRAY who seems to be the player for the moment and will certianlly score a lot more heavily than POLKINGHORNE.

These two players combined GRAY and CONNERS should outscore POLKINGHORNE and MASTEN quite comfortably i would think.

Only problem is that i only have $2k left but i am thinking of downgrading WATERS or including him in the starting line up once the teams come out to losen that purse strings.

People think this was a good change??

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 am

to be honest not a massive fan of the mids here but it is a different strategy so I can't really knock you trying something different. Surprised you dont have scully or trengrove in the mids but i guess when you see so many similiar teams you want to do soemthing different.

just make sure that you don't just do something different for differents sake. Teams may be similiar at the start but little things like cash left and trade strategy make the real difference, not the starting team necessarily.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:53 am

went with CONNERS as he is more experience than the boys at Melbourne in a team that is probably going to be young and with youth playing. I can see him playing a sweeping role from HBF as well as a rotation through the middle.

I can see where your coming from but it is going to be hard to find value in any other lines so i have gone with the mids as the rookies so hopefully we can all make the right choices with both out emergencies as well as with the ones we start.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down