Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marto's Boyz - Draft 1

4 posters

Go down

Marto's Boyz - Draft 1 Empty Marto's Boyz - Draft 1

Post  sovereign_72 Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:35 am

Have been tink, tink, tinkering with my team and may have settled on draft 1. It is as follows :

B: Goddard, Hodge, Carrazzo, Kennelly, J Hunt, Ladson, Greenwood (Sheppard, Waters)

M: Selwood, Vince, Cooney, Burgoyne, Dangerfield, Martin (Trengrove, Melksham)

R: Sandilands, Hille (R Warnock, Lobbe)

F: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Higgins, Franklin, Murphy, Reimers, Mayne (Rockliff, Davis)

Have toyed with many other options but only have 22 spots plus bench.

I tried to go with a few different players that not everyone has selected but still may have some changes to come.

The top 4 on each line (Plus my rucks) are keepers and should all score well. I think all other starters should, at the very least make some money, with hopefully 1 on each line converting into keepers. This may also be true of some of my bench players.

What do people think? Suggestion, criticisms, commendations? All are welcome.

Cheers.

sovereign_72

Back to top Go down

Marto's Boyz - Draft 1 Empty Re: Marto's Boyz - Draft 1

Post  Dom Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 pm

hi,
backs look good but 4 cheap guys there could prove your downfall if 1 or 2 of them dont perform.
mids: like but i only see danger as a forward option (i dont really care for the new MPP rule). burgoyne just getting back into full training and might feel sore for the coming weeks. would monitor him for the rest of the pre season. trengove too pricey to put on bench. alot of mid rookies to choose from so i would put him on field and move danger up forward (saves cash too).
rucks: hille risky but can have a great reward. coming back from knee reco so might take a while to find form.
forwards: murphy could be good as hall will now draw the best defender. reimers is a no for me. unique but see better options in the 250k - 350k region.

welcome to the forum sovereign
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:34 am

Reasonable team. I wouldn't get too carried away with trying to be unique as your team will be unique regardless and it matters more during the season on how you trade.

As with Dom i don't like Dangerfield in the Mids there are more options in the mids so move him forward.

Here is an example of what i would do.

Drop reimers, Move D'field forward.

Move Trengrove onto the ground and replace him on the bench with a cheaper rookie like bastinac, barlow or jetta.

Use the extra cash to upgrade vince to a Ablett or Swann (you need one of them).

Your DEF worries me. Too many "hopefuls". They are a great way to earn cash or get a bonus keeper but you only want 2 maybe 3 max. 5 is too many. You have Carrazzo, Kennelly, J Hunt, Ladson, Greenwood and there is a huge chance none will become keepers therefore you have to burn a lot of trades to upgrade them. Kennelly i would keep in but carazzo is more suited to dreamteam than supercoach so i would trade out Carrazo plus one of Hunt, Ladson, Greenwood and convert them into a Enright or Shaw plus a rookie like Davis or Davies. Move Sheppard or Waters into your 8th midfield spot and put the additional rookie on the bench.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  sovereign_72 Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:00 am

Ok have made a few changes.

B: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Kennelly, J Hunt, Ladson, Waters (Maguire, Davis)

M: Dal Santo, Selwood, Vince, Cooney, Trengrove, Martin (Jetta, Bastinac)

R: Sandilands, McEvoy (R Warnock, Lobbe)

F: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Higgins, Franklin, Dangerfield, Mayne (Rockliff, Podsiadly)

Have been able to aquire Enright, Nicky Dal, and ROK....all superstars in my book for the risk of McEvoy in the ruck (never been huge on the rucks anyways), Maguire in the backline, and Podisdly in the forward line.

Does this look better??

My other option is to burn the rucks and have Jesse White in for Sandilands (I think White looks a good option up forward for the Swans and will be their main "go to" man) This frees up some cash and I would bring Rockliff onto the ground up forward, ditch Mayne, swap Higgins for Hall (I have a gut feel he is going to be good) and put Gumbleton (I know, injury prone) on the bench. This also allows me to put Waters on the bench down back and swap Maguire for another star in Heath Shaw. Also Malceski for Kenelly.

Which would look like this :

B: Goddard, Enright, H. Shaw, Hodge, Malceski, J Hunt, Ladson (Waters, Davis)

M: Dal Santo, Selwood, Vince, Cooney, Trengrove, Martin (Jetta, Bastinac)

R: J. White, McEvoy (R Warnock, Lobbe)

F: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff (Gumbleton, Podsiadly)

I am a bit wary that my benches are looking a bit weaker but can look at that pre-round one in regards to who may be better rookies.

sovereign_72

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:37 am

ignore the rucks at your peril. This is the highest score fluctuating position. The difference between a mid or cheap player in the rucks and premiums is on average 40 points per person. I never skimp on rucks just giving away too many points.

A ok rookie forward or mid can score 70-90 points much easier than a mid price ruck. Bite the bullet and spend the money on decent rucks.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:36 am

if you do need a cheap ruckman look at mumford or seaby. like seaby better since he can also go up forward.

prefer the first team though but still iffy on waters. pretty good all round otherwise.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down