Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fatcats team

+2
Dav
fatcat
6 posters

Go down

fatcats team Empty fatcats team

Post  fatcat Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 am

Well its early days but thought i would post the current team in progress. Keep in mind i've so far wiped 3 teams and started again so its very much a work in progress.

areas that I am very uncertain on are: Forward rookies/bench, Rucks (bar sandilands), back reserves (and mid backs) and whether to add another higher priced mid, and also Waite in the forwards, may have to look at other options.

also have about $252,000 left in the kitty. Thought since i've been making comments on other teams would be worth getting some outside thoughts

fatcats team Sc11
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

fatcats team Empty Re: fatcats team

Post  Dav Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 am

Most of your team looks great Fatcat. My main concerns would be your rucks- Ottens to injury prone, Mumford to expensive on the bench. Would look at Tippett or Kreuzer as 2nd ruck, Warnock, Skipper or Jackson Trengove as bench ruck. Those same 5 rookies in your mids are the ones I have currently also Very Happy Waite still a concern for round 1, Moore not sure if he will play early either I know that both are MPPs so would be great for team flexibility with Davis in your backs.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 am

$252K - not a bad savings account!
I see you've gone with extra 'rookies' in the MID. Seems to be a good idea - especially if it pays off.
I'm not sure of taking that risk - but I'll keep an eye on the NAB Cup....
I thought about Pav - but he has been known to start slow, so he's on my watchlist.
As Dav said - maybe Ottens could be dropped for a Tippet (MPP: FWD) or Kruezer.
As I've been told - keep an eye on Hunt & Polkinghorne during NAB - then see if they're in for rnd 1 on looking to get games.

You could upgrade Moore with the cash in the kitty if he's a no starter - esp if you're MID rookies are gonna pay off you could afford to have less dosh in the bank.

I'm not sold on Buddy - I had him last year and he was so hot & cold it drove me nuts - and not playing rnd 1. I'm gonna keep an eye on him though....
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:44 pm

yeah rucks are my biggest concern or place of uncertainty. Originally had Kreuzer as 2 and warnock as 3. am just mindfull that my decision to have a slightly better 3rd ruckman paid off last year when cox got injured and having tippet on the bench let me avoid a trade. However mumford is certainly no tippett so can't see anyone this year that would be the value tippett was last year (leuenberger is tempting me, however I'm wary i may be looking at him with maroon tinted glasses). I also considered Jesse White since he will be playing a similiar role to tippet last year.

moore is definately a large if in the team but had to put someone in to fill the gap at this stage. Will firm up after nab cup.

went the extra mid rookie simply because I need a certain number of them in the team as a whole and at this stage theres not a massive amount of value anywhere else (may change after nab)

Polkinghorne is easily in the best 22 for Bris and he's been training a lot with the midfield this pre-season. Will have to wait and see about hunt but I would say he would just slot in for Harley.

think buddy will certainly benefit from having a much better team this year and being in better shape as well. Will miss the first but i consider it worth saving a trade.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Does have smilarities to my team Fat. You do know we are starting with the same 1#Ruck LOL beware!

Also you run the risk of a donut with Waite, Buddy(susp) and Moore not playing rd1, I am in a similar situation but may use the MPP thing and switch Tippet accross rd1 and start Warnock or CHarman. I am also tempted to start Gray instead of either Waite or Buddy

I gave Ladson the flick on reports he wont start that will also stop you switching Davis to cover Moore. Add to that I am a Crow and I dont recon Davis will ge a gig early either and everyone has him!

I am torn between Gilbee and Adcock, I realy suffered with Gilbs last year but Adcock was solid

BTW how do you cut and paste your team like that? Looks alot easier than typing every week! Very Happy
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 am

Do a print screen (ctrl + prt sc)

Open paint - go to "edit" then "paste"

Crop it to suit.

Save file.

when you create a thread click the "host an image" box along the top

Once its hosted it will give you a link, copy the link.

Click the "insert image" box and copy the link in there.

Done.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony73 Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 am

Thanks Bonnie, it actually worked, Im not a computer spastic after all Very Happy
Tony73
Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:56 am

good team so far.

iffy on ladson and ottens. ladson still recovering from injury and not a certain starter round 1. ottens finds someway to get injured. probably upgrade him like the others said.

masten still needs to improve his kick. pretty poor last year at 67% efficency.

like tony said need cover in the forwards early rounds.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 am

Tony73 wrote:Thanks Bonnie, it actually worked, Im not a computer spastic after all Very Happy

No worries Tony Smile
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down