Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did everyone cope with the carnage?

+6
tony8210
bonnie doon thirds
fatcat
Dom
Defeater of pear
Dav
10 posters

Go down

How did everyone cope with the carnage? Empty How did everyone cope with the carnage?

Post  Dav Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Just wondering how everyone did in their first week of the supercoach finals & if you were able to cope with the massive amount of outs this week. To my eternal surprise I have managed to win my 1st final with a score of 1907! Won by 20 points only.If you had told me a score under 2000 would win a final of supercoach I would of laughed at you! Mainly due to Shannon Hurn pulling out a 172 point game Very Happy My opponent had Greg Broughton (157) so watching the game I was getting very concerned as Pav & Sandi were quiet by their standards whilst Broughton was on fire.When GAJ only scored 81- 162 as captain I was concerned Friday night.Taylor Walker's recall was a flop - minus 6 Twisted Evil Stevie J not fit obviously with a 4 Evil or Very Mad Deledio & Mitch Clark ( I have him as a forward) came through with big tons to cover them. Very glad to get the week off & hope to get Reiwoldt, Chapman, Goddard, Montagna back for the prelim. Ended up trading Grimes out to Newman so only played 1 short. Newman's 106 justified the decision but now down to 1 trade for the prelim & grand final.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

How did everyone cope with the carnage? Empty Re: How did everyone cope with the carnage?

Post  Defeater of pear Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:46 pm

1539, had a qualifying final though so am not concerned out of all the weeks to cop a shocker this was it.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

How did everyone cope with the carnage? Empty Re: How did everyone cope with the carnage?

Post  Dom Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 am

I'm fairly happy with 1985 for the round. only bad score was otten with 47 and stevie j with 4. so lucky davenport played. i won both of my finals and now i get to skip next week. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:33 am

lost with 2023. Thank god for the second chance. Had too many stars out and he managed to pull big numbers from Brad Symes, Thornton, Shaw, M Clark, Didak. whereas it was a week of letdowns for me bar Hurn and Broughton. Franklin, Hodge, Gilbee, Pav, Tippett all lower scores than i hoped.

No goddard, gilbert, dal santo etc etc out hurt me
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:11 am

Lost by 8 points after all the carnage and a 4 from Stevie J...

The good news is i have the second chance and the guy im playing only scored 1800 this week with a full team and he does not have any of the big guns to come back.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:56 am

1780, lost by 60pts, should have won on paper!

Very dissapointed with Pav, Hodge, Gilbee, Bartell, Buddy.

Hodge and Buddy especially as Saints had soooo many out, they should have ripped it up.

I was a real chance 100pts down opponent had C Pearce and Hill, I had Pav and Broughts. Thought I could mace that up, 2 Premiums against 2 Rookes but the Rookes carved it up 90 odd and 75 odd
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  goose Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am

massacare was more the word in my case, managed to win elimination final with a score of 1703 after averaging about 2400 for the last 5 weeks.
I lost : Goddard, Grimes, and then Bock...with only s. hill as a replacement (who one me the game)
Dal santo and sewell...only anthony as replacement.
Chapman with replacement ballantyne to miss next week as well.

word is chapman and sewell will miss again but if i can make it through this weekend it looking pretty good.

wish me luck

goose

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:23 am

I scored 1883 this week with 2 down. Not too happy as lost by 70 points. Now have to play Sheeds!! Twisted Evil
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:35 am

mattybomb22 wrote:I scored 1883 this week with 2 down. Not too happy as lost by 70 points. Now have to play Sheeds!! Twisted Evil

Just some info if you don't know sheeds has no trades left so hopefully that helps your confidence.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 am

Well I only ended up with 1 donut. I had cover for Goddard and Grimes, as well as Riewoldt and Higgins but took the zero for Ballantyne. Still only scored 1934 - but managed to climb 1379 places - go figure.
I won quite easily - nearly 300pts - so I have the week off.

I have 2 trades so I'll keep an eye on B/E's and injuries this week and decide what to do for the week after.

I only had 5 players score above 100 this week (6 if you include GAJ as capt) so even though I thought I was sitting pretty on Friday night with cover for most injuries the players that were on the field didn't shine!
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:30 pm

What a week it was! Well done to all the winners some great scores considering the outs! If you have trade left make sure you check out the big story this week. What do people think?? Any players to add??
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum