Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musts for next year

+5
Defeater of pear
mattybomb22
tony8210
Dav
Dom
9 posters

Go down

Musts for next year Empty Musts for next year

Post  Dom Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:30 am

on this year, anyone got any musts for next year. the obvious almost everyone would say is cox and ablett.
any others.
for me its sandi in the rucks
some geelong guys everywhere
mid type forwards (deledio, harvey, davis, etc).

on this year i would say montagna, selwood and swan in the mids next year for me. 3 captain material right there.
maybe a few 200/300k players everywhere who are going to raise in price.

i think you shouldn't spare any money on the forwards and backs. there are not enough of the good scoring players there but there are in the mids.

Any opinions?
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Musts for next year Empty Re: Musts for next year

Post  Dav Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:43 am

Seriously considering Sandi over Cox next year also.Traded Cox to Sandi after his injury. Much depends on the pricing - HMac is another option also.
Deledio if listed as a forward a must have. Thriving under then guidence of Cousins. Trent Cotchin should be around or under 300k next year- this kid is a gun & if has a full pre season i believe next year could be his breakout year. Tom Scully & Jack Trengrove will be picked in the top 5 at the draft & both are very good midfielders who should play round 1 next year. Perfect choice for 6th mid &/or bench player. Montagna, Swan, Selwood, Gibbs , Murphy, Hayes, Dal Santo, GAJ, Pendelbury are all ones I am going to consider- once again it depends on how they are priced. Lately, players other than GAJ (eg Swan & Selwood) have proved they can pull out big 170+ scores so GAJ might not be the must have he usually is next year. Never thought I would say that but you can't ignore what the scores are showing lately. I agree Dom on your theory on spending money on quality backs & forwards. There is much more depth in the mids.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:26 am

Yep, I went with 5 premium mid with Rich 6th, Otten and Danger on the pine, has worked a treat as only trades there was Anthony and Sidebottom for cash, won me alot of early games and secure me top 4.

As you all know what happened in my rucks to leave me 3-4 trades short for finals, I am thinking Sandi and Hmac, Hampson may be a smokey, he looks athleticas with Jamar.

Will definately have to study the mid tier players as the 4-5 you pick I believe have to be winners and I believe the key. Everyone knows about the top draft picks and premiums, its picking the likes of a Higgins, Hurn, Houlihan, Skipworth that will win you early games, make a heap of cash and possibly be keeper thats the real art in this game.

Swan, Gibbs, Selwood would be close to first 3 picked. Goddard, Hodge, Gilbert down back, ROK, Pav, Delidio up forward. Thats Probably my 10,000,000 goooonnneeee!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Look at Superroach before the season starts
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Good call Mattybomb22 Very Happy
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:11 am

Mark Le Cras is my smokie, he looks a very good player and his supercoach scores might not reflect that but he has kicked a lot of goals in an underperforming year. I tip he will rise 100k next and then can upgrade for a premium forward. I am looking at Kreuzer and Sandi for next year, Carlton are on the up and Kreuezer has been good this year and you'd think can only improve. Don't know about goddard next year, will be very pricey and the whole world will be on him, might try and pick the next goddard type player. Scully is a must have simple as that, and as has been metioned, deledio great pick up in the forward line.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  dman_85 Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:56 am

i wouldnt say cox and ablett are definates for next year myself.
Personaly i think Cox might be more injury prone and is getting older, maybe a kruezer or clarke depending on price. Ablett depending on price will start in my team. Deliedio is defs a starter if named forward. murphy or gibbs i think 1 of the 2 will be needed. Goddard will be first picked for me. Sewell i think is also a good one. people who make lots of tackles and get their own footy are the ones to look for iv found after my first year of SC.
dman_85
dman_85

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:26 am

Good call to watch out for superroach's pre season picks. but i'm scared that if we all choose teams based on those picks, most of our teams will have similar players.
I look at not having cox or ablett mainly because of their price. you could get 2 decent players for ablett and there are a few ruckman coming into their own this year (clark, ryder, kreuzer).
I usually pick a few out there players so my team is unique from others (mundy, hurley from start, birchall until he got injured, schammer) but still capable of beating other teams.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:37 am

All very good points Dom. People will have to make choices - I would suggest there will be many quality ruck choices next year - Cox, Sandi, M Clark, Kruezer & HMac so our teams will differ according to your choices. I agree that GAJ & Cox are not the must haves that they have been in previous years. There are many mid choices to make also, much depends on their respective pricing. The real art however is choosing the best rookies/ cheapies to fill the remaining places on the field & backups on the bench that play when injury strikes. Being able to cover a starter with a bench player that scores well thus saving a trade is invaluable especially come finals time.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:29 am

There are a few players that will be cheap next year due to injuries so I thought I might share with you guys!
1st - Paul Wheatley - started the year at 501,000 and has only played 2 games this year, his price should go down next year and would be perfect for a back
2nd - Jarrad Waite - Had a season ending knee injury in round 9 and will also be a good option for a backman
3rd - Lyndsay Gilbee - Has struggled all year with his ankles, keeps getting injured and keeps playing for some reason, so this has seen his price go down by 133,900.
4th - Mark McVeigh - not too sure what injury he has had but we all know that he is a gun player and he has gone down in price by a whopping 201,000, has only played the 7 games this year so he is my bargain buy for next year in the midfield

And there is a few other good bargain buys in Brad Ottens, Kerr, Raines, Jesse Smith, Johnson (freo), S Johnson, Porpaz, Hille and the Burgyone brothers!

So will be very interesting next year!
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:01 am

Here are my notes for next year: (these are unedited so forgive the spelling / grammar)

o Don’t get J.Brown from the start. He drops value in the early rounds and builds up from about round 15.
o Look for forwards that play in the midfield – Goodwin, Deledio, Harvey etc
o Don’t select midfielders that are also listed as either FWD or DEF. If they have dual listings put them in their 2nd position so you save room in the midfield as there are a lot more options there.
o Keep about $400k in the kitty for an early trade.
o Don’t trade cash cows too early. GREG BROUGHTON and DANIEL RICH went up another $250k after I traded them.
o Sandilands and Kruezer in the ruck, Stick with Kruezer as he has been good and will probably have a break out year. Get a reasonable backup ruckmen, Maybe Luenberger if he comes back from his knee reco and is under $250k
o Look closely at Trent Cotchin – If around 300k he is a definite.
o Steer clear of paying top dollar for guys like Sellwood, Goddard, Ablett, Riewoldt. Wait until they have a bad patch and pick them up again on the way up. Don’t pay more than $550k for a player as they will drop below that at some stage during the season. Look for more players around the $500k mark and with that saving you can get better rookies.
o Mitch Brown (WCE) had one full year playing after a knee Reco, Could be cheap and might have a break out year.
o Jake King (Rich) If under $350k could be worth a shot. Broke back into senior side late 2009 after poor form early. Averaged 85 points in 08. Not guaranteed a spot in the Tigers side every week.
o Liam Anthony averaging about 30 posessions in 2009 however has a poor efficiency rate. A pre season with the seniors will do him well as his efficiency will increase. A definite if under $450k and still worth a look up to $500k.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 am

Some interesting calls here. Kosta- good call on Gilbee & McVeigh.If there form continues this year Gilbee I think will be around 455K, McVeigh just over 300K so bargains. Waite i am not sure about. I think if they play 8 games or less before serious injury their price gets a discount of 10 or 20%. But he played 9 games so may not be a bargain. Bonnie- think Cotchin will be around 335K. I agree about paying top dollar for the guns at the start, maybe only get 1 who you think is a fair price. A smokey for the ruck could be David Hille. Could be around the 310K mark which is a bargain for him much like what Hamish McIntosh was this year.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:34 am

Hille will definetly be cheap since he only played up until anzac day. He was rated as the second best ruckman for this year at the start of the season but couldn't find any form. Definetly one to look at next year.
Bonnie, nice tips.
For cash cows, only start trading them after about round 7 or 8 unless you think they are keepers.
Cotchin definelty one to look at next year if he can get through a pre season injury free.
I don't think i spent more than 550k for a player this year. Surprised
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:17 am

Can't wait for the new season already guys.... Already planning the must have players for next year and will be doing a full pre-season review on every team.

Pricing will have alot to do with it as players such as Swan, Selwood, Murphy are finishing off the season strongly therefor increasing their prices for next year.

I would like to know everyones thoughts on some players such as Kerr... ect.... players that have been inuried and shall be cheap next year....? let us know if there's anyone you think is worth picking up!

Cheers Fellas
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14 am

Some obvious ones spring to mind!
They are:
Mark McVeigh
Lyndsay Gilbee
Trent Cotchin
David Hille
Brad Ottens

Anyone else???
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 am

I agree with all of those Kosta. Kerr is an interesting one Roachie - I had him at the start of this year & he posted some big 100+ scores early on. Then the hard tags came, got frustrated again & then started to pick up injuries. He only played 11 games 2 years in a row & struggles when the hard tag is put on. Price will be very tempting though & with other midfielders like Masten improving it may take some pressure of him. If he is under 400K you would have to consider.McVeigh I think will be a bigger midfield bargain - should be around the 300K mark.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:36 am

Nice picks Kosta. Mcveigh should be pretty cheap next year. He should maintain a spot in the dons midfield but might be played forward if not (going to be a gun midfield next year).
I got kinda bored so i made this list -

Any youngsters for next year.
I got my eye on:
Hurley
Beams
Gumbleton
Bailey
Pears

Smokies:
Mayne - from what i've seen can play pretty well up forward for freo. Not many would of heard of him (maybe Dav has)
Valenti - playing for 3 or 4 years next year so should come into his own. another unique pick.
Gray - plays for port on half forward. if tredrea goes, his scores will just increase.
Urquhart - decent defender who has played footy for 2 years next year. Should of gotten use to the pace by then. He is a decent kick of the ball.
Sherman - an explosive midfielder capable of pulling of 130+ games.
MacDonald - A worse version of drummond but still a great disposal man with good decision making.
Welsh - We all know what he can do.
Vince, Rielly and Knights - great mids for adelaide and have shown good signs this year.
Harbrow - a half backer for the bulldogs with pace to burn. was going to pick him this year if he was named rd 1.
O'Bree - Underestimated collingwood midfielder.
Wood - good back up ruckman to fraser next year. can also go forward.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Bailey probable back up ruck for me next year, strongly considering Hurley also.
Mayne is a very talented small forward for Freo- certainly worthy of consideration, depends on how reasonably priced he is.
Gray- great skills, but injury prone- big risk.
All 3 crows midfielders very good. Vince the pick of them, will only improve. David Mackay another one to keep an eye on.
Others not really on my radar Dom Smile
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:35 pm

That's why they might be smokies for me. Not many teams will have them in, Thus me having a unique team compared to others. They should all score 80+ next year though if they can stay on the field.
Don't underestimate them just yet Dav.

Gumbleton and Pears should get game time with lucas retiring for gumby and pears cementing his spot this year and running up the ground.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down