Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finals: Hold 'em or Fold 'em?

2 posters

Go down

Finals: Hold 'em or Fold 'em? Empty Finals: Hold 'em or Fold 'em?

Post  clackerz Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:02 pm

As the *great* Kenny Rogers once sang..... Rolling Eyes

Just interested in who has what players in their sights if all goes to plan as upgrades during finals, or are trades being kept as cover - just in case?

Personally I have 3 trades - and plan to run into the finals with these and use them as cover - just in case.
Higgins and Grimes may not be back - so trade bait there to upgrade if needed. As well as Chornes if he struggles as well.

Looking at Drummond, Gilbert or Fisher down back (depending on $), as I won't have cover there if Cheney/Gilbee/Chornes/Grimes are/stay out.

Or maybe a Neon to replace Higgins if the backline holds OK.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Finals: Hold 'em or Fold 'em? Empty Re: Finals: Hold 'em or Fold 'em?

Post  Dav Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:23 pm

I have 2 trades left which I will wait to use either in the prelim or if I can, wait until the GF. Being 2 games clear on top allows me to sit tight & the guy I who is certain to finish 4th only has 1 trade left ( he told me 3 weeks ago he had 2 trades left & has now traded Cox). He has Higgins & has no cover in the forwards ( Warren, Ziebell) so certain to trade Higgins. My team scored 356 points more than his last week so think I have him covered.
Happy with my team- I have Grimes as my only worry (he is listed as a test this week) but if the Demons do "rest" him for the year have cash to upgrade to Hodge which was my plan for the GF. Have Cheney on bench for cover, though he got hurt last week also.Rich is the only other rookie I have not upgraded yet. His scores have been so good I decided to wait as trades were low. Plan is to upgrade him to Pendles possibly which I would of if Cox didn't go down. Have Beams as backup on bench. Taken a punt on Sandi in rucks as Cox replacement, very happy with his game last week Very Happy HMac as 2nd ruck. All forwards scored over 100 last week & have M Brown & Walker(played well in SANFL last week) as cover.
Neon would be the logical replacement for Higgins or if you have the cash look at J Brown or Riewoldt Clackerz.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Sounds like you have a plan there!
I would love to upgrade in prep for finals - I'm 2 behind the leader and hopefully can take the overall - however I'm playing cautiously. Not sure how many trades he has left. (his claims cannot be trusted!)
I'll see how I go over the next couple of weeks before I make any decisions.
I already have Riewoldt and J Brown - so to be able to add in Neon would be a plus.

It's my backline I have to keep an eye on at the mo'.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down