Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to do?

4 posters

Go down

what to do? Empty what to do?

Post  the gafas reds Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:10 am

hi guys, im not too sure what i should do here, im sitting first in my league and have 6 trades remaining with 225k in the bank.
this is my team:
def: goddard, fisher, lockyer, grimes, gilbee, dempsey, c.cornes - bench petterd, suckling
mid: ablett, judd, dal santo, hayes, selwood, anthony - bench beams, muston
fwd: lovett, franklin, higgins, roughead, pavlich, kozitschke - bench skipworth, w.thompson
rucks: tippet, mcintosh - bench browne, spencer

i have a top midfield, my backs are all scoring well and my rucks are doing the job. my forward line is the problem, im thinking of getting riewoldt in this week for skipworth and drummond in for dempsey (has hit peak) but im not sure how long grimes will be out for, should i trade grimes out because i really want drummond in the team.
im also thinking of getting rid of beams and getting in pendles, good move or waste of a trade because i already have l.anthony doing a job for me?
also how many trades should i keep for finals time? i was thinking 4 is enough?

the gafas reds

Back to top Go down

what to do? Empty Re: what to do?

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 am

I agree that four trades is enough for finals. There is a couple of ways to look at your situation. Some people will say don't trade just yet as you are a definate for finals and thats when you can make your move. I think with 6 trades left and a few good bargains on offer i would be looking to do some upgrades and just keep four trades for finals. That being said i am not sure who you should trade.

These are people in your team who i wouldn't want as starting players:

dempsey
anthony (great benchy though)

I am also a little concerned with the inconsistency of Tippet, Lovett and Cornes but i still think you can hold them until finals and see what options you have there.

Injury concerns

Grimes
Ablett (Don't trade him though)
Pavlich
Kosi
Skipworth

Hodge, Pendles and Davis are good value this week. You probably need to do one more downgrade to get enough cash for some big upgrades.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 am

You could maybe do these trades:

Dempsey to Hodge / Drummond
Petterd to Hurley / Silvester

Gives you Hurley as bench cover and will give you extra cash for more upgrades later.

Be careful trading guys out of your forward line this week as noone knows whats going on with some of them.

Kosi
Pavlich
Skipworth

Who knows whats going to happen with these three guys.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:05 am

You are in a great Position but if Skippy gets back in I would consider getting rid of Kozi. I am hoping Skippy gets back in as he is good bench cover who will get you 80pts. I feel that they may not risk grimes as has the injury history. So definately do those two upgrades forward and back. Take 4 into finals where you can upgrade your 6th mid and maybe Tippet if you have the luxury as he has a real hard run home, infact I would nearly make that a fair priority with the trades you have!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 pm

The guys who you should/could upgrade or downgrade are dempsey, petterd, muston, skipworth, kosi and roughead. Beams and anthony can cover your midfield come finals time and u could upgrade muston to a davis or goodwin soon.
You could toss up between petterd and dempsey but i would trade out petterd mainly because he plays for melbourne and dempsey plays for essendon (in top 8 contention). You could go with the upgrades bonnie said or downgrade him to hurley or silvestor for good cover for finals. If you feel like you need cash for other trades downgrade one and upgrade the other. This will get you set in the backs for the finals.
For the forwards skipworth, kosi and roughead are the likely trades for me. skipworth might not get a game for the dons but wait a week and see if he is included this week (if you are thinking of trading him). Kosi and roughead are inconsistent (i have both but cant trade them out with lack of trades). both are going to play for their teams every week if they are fit but kosi is injury proned. Look to either trade skipworth or kosi. You could look for a downgrade for one of them for cash and bench cover in the forwards and if you want to upgrade another like riewoldt, goodwin or harvey.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum