Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Pendle or not to Pendle?

+3
Dav
tony8210
bonnie doon thirds
7 posters

Go down

To Pendle or not to Pendle? Empty To Pendle or not to Pendle?

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:47 am

O.K guys i have a bit of a dilemma, With 3 trades left and $270K in the bank my team is looking pretty good. I am sitting pretty in top four positions in both my leagues and unlikely to get knocked out of the top four. Here is my team:

To Pendle or not to Pendle? Scrd1610

Defence: I think i am right here, No need to look at trading. As much as i would like to have a better player than Hurley in my starting squad he can do a reasonable job. Very happy that i have good bench cover with Hooker and Greenwood.

Forwards: Solid lineup, Franklin and Roughead a bit of a concern but i am certainly not going to trade either of them. Good bench cover with M.Brown and Garlett.

Rucks: Cox and Kruezer carrying the whole ruck division at this stage, If Cox can continue to get games there is no need for change here. If i get news that Cox is going to be out for finals then i might have to trade him.

Midfield: Fairly solid midfield but lacks that 7th star, Collins has done a pretty good job so far and with Anthony on the bench i have good backup. The big question is do i burn a trade to get Pendles? I can certainly manage to finish top four without him but can i afford to pass on him now and he might cost me in the finals? I am a little concerned that if i get Pendles and go down to two trades i am running myself too short and will get burnt.

Thoughts?
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

To Pendle or not to Pendle? Empty Re: To Pendle or not to Pendle?

Post  tony8210 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:53 am

CHeck Dav's post on my thread in Ask the Roach, he was in the change rooms at Subi, and recons Cox is gone with OP
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:28 am

Hi Bonnie,
Tough call here. Agree your backs, Forwards solid. I know how tempting it is to get Pendles at a bargain price but Anthony really does look the goods & will fill your 6th mid field spot nicely, putting Collins on the bench. With only 3 trades & about to do down to 2 because Cox will need to be traded I would not get pendles. You will need those 2 trades in finals. I wanted Pendles also but like you I have 3 trades left so planning on keeping Rich in the 6th midfield spot.We find out officially this week the news on Cox but from what I saw yesterday he will be put in cotton wool for the rest of the season. If the eagles do surprise us & do let him play some games his scoring will be way down so time to look elsewhere. Looking forward to seeing Roachie's article on big Cox's replacements.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:53 am

Yeah i think thats the sensible way to go Dav, I just don't think Anthony will score as heavily as Pendles over the next 8 rounds. Anthony is a great benchy but i might just have to use him on the field. Best case scenario is that Cox comes up o.k and then i can get Pendles in Smile
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:51 pm

i too am thinking about trading luke ball for Pendlebury any pros and cons on this??
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 am

It might be a good to trade Luke Ball for Pendles. Luke Ball won't rack up as many possessions because of montagna, hayes and dal santo there but Ball is pretty inconsistent. Ball is in the top team in the league so that is always a plus. Pendles doesn't seem to be over his injury yet but looks to be regaining form. He might not score as big as before as long as Swan and Didak are on fire. But looks to be a great trade and bound to score big since collingwood have won the last couple and playing top 4 footy. I would trade him in if i was you.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:03 am

Agreco,
Definetly get Pendles. All that Ball is doing is tackling
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm looking at Pendles too.
But with the Cox hole (??) this week I may have to make 2 trades - not one I was planing on!
Either Cockie or Beams will go for Pendles.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:58 pm

cocike for sure beams is quite good and scores well. cockie!! ahh i had him then they the eagles brought swift the dud in!! keep beams. he scores well
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:36 am

Hmm - I have definately given up on the Pendlebury trade idea as with Cox out now that makes it difficult. With only 3 trades left i need to keep any players that are playing. I really have three options as far as the Cox injury goes so if you guys (DAV) can let me know what you think is the best way to go that would be great.

1: Don't trade, "should" be able to win my next two games with a donut. Hope Cox returns for finals.

2: Trade Cox out for someone like Petrie, McIntosh or Kosi.

3: Trade Leunberger for Tyrone Vickery, Cox can then go to the bench and i run with Kruezer and Vickery for a few weeks until Cox returns. This will then give me bench cover for finals which i don't currently have.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:50 am

Bonnie,
Would not expect Cox to return this season. Is having surgery, out for at least a month - looks like he has OP more & more each day. WCE will give Seaby the ruck, Nic Nat & Lynch as backup for the rest of the year. Seaby almost certain to be traded next year so they want his value to increase. I would get McIntosh in as 2nd ruck if I were you . Super consistent - average 95, well priced. Had him as 2nd ruck all year & have been very happy.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum