Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swinging the Axe

4 posters

Go down

Swinging the Axe Empty Swinging the Axe

Post  Kosta Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 am

Ok i think it's time to start looking at who should be cut at season's end. This year's draft is the last one to be uncompromised before the Gold Coast gets the pick of the best young talent. So, delistings will be more important than ever. Who should your club send on their way? I will give you some of my thoughts

Brisbane: Scott Harding has to go, has played 40 odd games over three or four years and yet to have a breakout game, great in the Nab cup each year but when the real games start he goes missing every year.

Carlton: will get rid of a few players, i think Houlihan, Bentick, Cain Ackland, Cloke, Stetanta, Stevens will go. All slow, inconsistent and lack heart

Richmond: Richmond will get rid of a few players. There have been alot of mentions to get rid of Bowden, Simmonds, Brown, Richo, Cousins, King, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Polak, Pattison, Shultz, Pettifer, Polo. But we can't get rid of them all can we!!!! I think from this list we will get rid of Simmonds, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Shultz, Pettifer, King and Johnson already retired. That's 6 players, seems like we won't get rid of more than 6

Sydney: Crouch, Leo Barry will retire, Ablett and Barry Hall gone

Essendon to clear the following - Nash, Lucas, Williams, Atkinson, Jetta and Laycock will stay as he just signed a 2 year deal so he is going nowhere

Hawthorn: Simon Taylor, Stokes, Murphy, Tim Boyle and Mitch Thorp will all go and maybe Dew will retire

Melbourne: Brad Miller and McDonald will get the sack

Collingwood: Danny Stanley, Rocca, Ryan Cook, and Sean Rusling. Sean Rusling spends more time out of the side recovering from being injured and playing 17 games in 4 years is not enough and could be traded to another club for 2 round pick, Ben Reid is a player I would also look at off loading

Geelong: Hawkins and Mark Blake will go. Mumford will get the no 2. ruck spot when Ottens comes back from injury.

Kangaroos: Shannon Watt and Todd Goldsteing are the biggest hacks in the afl, both will go and I think Corey Jones will go playing for his career at the moment

Coasters: Chad fletcher, Mark Seaby, Ash Hansen, should all be gone from West Coast

I am interested what people think and give your thoughts too
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Swinging the Axe Empty Re: Swinging the Axe

Post  mattybomb22 Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:48 am

Two that I think should be axed are Malceski who hasn't been with it all year and Robbo as he is getting too old.
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:06 am

Some interesting calls there Kosta. I agree with many, there are a few I think you are being a bit hard on.Below are my thoughts

Adelaide: Agree with Roachie here that Kurt Tippett will go to Gold Coast.

Brisbane: Scott Harding is gone. Jamie Charman under pressure- M Clark & M Luenberger now best ruckmen

Carlton: Bentick, Cain Ackland, Cloke, gone. Houlihan has been ok since coming back from injuries last year,Setanta kicked 4 goals last week, has been good as 2nd tall forward last few weeks so no reason to move on. Stevens needs to get fit full stop. When fit is a quality mid fielder so stay.

Collingwood : Rocca should retire. Stanley & Cook gone. Ben Reid will be given more time as tall forwards take longer to develop. Rusling rated highly when fit. Have spent too much time getting him fit to offload.

Essendon : Nash, Lucas, Williams, Atkinson, Jetta. Nash is liked by Knights, will stay. Lucas last few weeks has shown he can still perform - stay. Williams, Atkinson gone. Jetta used as trade bait. Maybe WCE or Feo - go home factor.

Freo : Kepler Bradley gone

Geelong: No chance Hawkins going. Same reason as Ben Reid, need to be patient with tall forwards. Blake an interesting one - not sure, depends on Ottens ongoing injury issues. Kane Tenace gone.

Hawthorn: Simon Taylor is under pressure- possible gone. Stokes, Murphy in trouble also, Tim Boyle and Mitch Thorp could be used as trade bait. Bulldogs? They need tall forwards. Dew will retire- possible

Kangaroos: Shannon Watt,Corey Jones, Daniel Harris and Todd Goldstein gone.

Melbourne: Brad Miller is playing for his future. McDonald is their captain so he will not be going anywhere I would think. Paul Johnson, Russell Robertson should be gone.

Richmond: Simmonds, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Shultz, Pettifer, King, and Johnson already retired. Agree with all here. Andrew Raines another one.

Port: Toby Thurstans - gone

Saints: Max Hudgton - last year, retire.

Sydney: Crouch, Leo Barry will retire, Ablett, O'Loughlin, Malceski and Barry Hall gone.

West Coast: Chad Fletcher, Mark Seaby, Ash Hansen, Brent Staker & Mark Nicoski should all be gone. Staker to Gold Coast possibly.

Western Bulldogs - maybe Jason Akermanis & Brad Johnson's last years, otherwise not sure.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:51 pm

I've really enjoyed reading this post guy keep up the great work Smile

Cheers Roachie
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down