Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid Season Rap!

5 posters

Go down

Mid Season Rap! Empty Mid Season Rap!

Post  The Roach Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:06 am

Just thought i'd start up a discussion for those that are looking to evaluate this years mid season rap?

Letting us know the highs the lows and even the ugly that you have faced this year.

Post your plans, your ideas for the rest of the season or even just your favouite/worst players if your in the mood to chat.

Cheers Guys

The Roach
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mid Season Rap! Empty Re: Mid Season Rap!

Post  fatcat Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:24 am

Highs - the performance of more seasoned rookies. Theres no substitute for players that have been in the system a few years or have bodies ready to play afl. My two that have been winners Rich and Zac Dawson. Further proof is in the debuts of guys like Beau Muston. Also the form of Kurt Tippett has been a plus, so much so that i'm looking at playing him instead of Kruezer this week.

Also guys like Higgins, Gilbert, Krakouer have done good jobs, so well that two of them may be keepers.

Lows - injuries obviously. Think next year i'm going to look at my first team having a large number of durable players. Players who don't miss games. Boomer was a big one for me. Shit form then has a 169 and then gets injured the week he's my captain. AHHHHHH!!!!

Annoyances - Mark Harvey joining Dean Laidley as fantasy enemy number 1. Consistency is all we ask

Plans - upgrades only for the rest of the year. Cashing in on a few backline bargains, aka Drummond, Hodge. Also will be working out whether a)i can get Ablett before finals (score some more hundreds Rich) and b) and whether i should, or spend the extra cash upgrading another player. Probably A given i've only got 7 trades left.

Also i've decided to keep Cornes. Have good bench cover and trades are gold at the moment.

thats about as deep as my plans are going at the moment cause as soon as i plan a few weeks ahead someone gets injured and it all goes to shit
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:43 am

Great post mate.... I'm a great fan of kurt tippet althought myself i don't have him, he will be on my list for next years ruck stocks or maybe forward if you can pick him there. Zac Dawson also has been great for the saints. I remember at the start of the season his pre-season scores where rubbish.... scary alot of supercoach players away from him... so great work for sticking with him Wink

Higgins for me has been a stand out apart from injury his lived up to all the expectation which alot of young player don't do. Great pick! hopefully most teams still have him as his still got potential to be a keeper.

Boomer and even Richo where shocking this year.... Injuries to old men....! Although Boomer was a freak accident.... I recommend for next year not picking anyone over 30 as if they get injuried you always kick your self saying why did i pick him??? I feel victum to that this year also.

Can't wait to here more posts from other great start from you fatcat. Smile

Cheers

The Roach
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:55 am

I agree with some of this years debuts. Rich, Higgins, Gilbert are examples already and have turned into keepers for some. I suppose this throws up another issue with some SCer's in that their original plans to offload these guys around rounds 7-10 to premiums, have now had to re-affirm their plans.

I'm glad personally that I held onto Higgins - alot didn't and depending on who they traded in for him maybe kicking themselves.

In regards to Tippet - I went to see this game last week and his movement and body strength was amazing to watch (not to mention his and the rest of Adelaides accuracy was second to none). He impressed me alot. I don't have him but will keep an eye out for him throughout the rest of the season - as a forward.

I think one big advantage a SCer can have is going to the games and seeing how players set themselves up and move around the ground for plays - something that TV misses.

Injuries messed me up alot this year and I think some of my trades were panic trades in the first 6 rounds. I didn't totally waste them, but I reckon I could've been sitting on 13-14 trades instead.
I need to bolster up my backline over the coming weeks - a couple too many rookies. Hopefully the are ripe for the picking in a few weeks and need to plug a hole down fwd with Warren and Kraks there.

I think I've ran short more weeks than not this year with alot of my bench players not playing or being picked - or worse (as in Broughton and Cheneys case) in and out from week to week or being named on an extended bench and not playing at all.

Next year will be putting as much focus on bench/rookies as the premiums. If you can get this part right it'll go along way throughout the season with upgrades sooner than later and maybe set you up for a set of 2-3 rounds of upgrades.
Bringing in rookies and sending them off for premiums when ripe and then picking the next set of rookies is the real key. It's all too easy to get attached to some of these guys (Rich, Higgins, etc) and not want to let them go.

My plans are to be conservative and look to only upgrade from here on - with advice and discussion with you guys here!

However I must say though if I continue my addiction to this it may well end up with me divorced and then living in a 1 room house with a crate as a table, Internet connection, laptop and a fridge and bbq - what else is needed?
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 am

It's an obvious one, Gary Ablett. The guy is just a freak, I got him at the start and i was very concerned about spending so much on one player but he is just a delight to watch and he gives you great scores every week.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:06 pm

clakerz ithe 1 bedroom senario has happened ro me and mate, it's actually pretty good! Very Happy
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:53 pm

agreco wrote:clakerz ithe 1 bedroom senario has happened ro me and mate, it's actually pretty good! Very Happy

LOL! I can only imagine.......ahhhh the memories.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down