Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Risky Defences

4 posters

Go down

Risky Defences Empty Risky Defences

Post  Talking Head Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:41 am

Apologies in advance if this topic post is in the wrong place...

Was just wandering what people think about having Malceski, Hunt, Ladson and Waters in the starting defence, with Maguire and another cheapie (eg. P. Davis) on the bench? Much too risky? Obviously you'd have coota players filling out the other three spots.

From past experience I've found it better to have a settled defence (ie. opposite of above), and a cheaper forward line as that mob tends to be more volatile. But all the value lies in the defence this year as opposed to the attack- I don't like too many of the 150-300k forwards- possibly with the exception of Yarran and Staker (who are also big risks).

P.S. Coota site Roach
Talking Head
Talking Head

Back to top Go down

Risky Defences Empty Re: Risky Defences

Post  Defeater of pear Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:46 am

Look Talking head I do see what you mean but I don't think you should go into the supercoach season like that. While there are a lot of 150-300k defensive players, to have to many is a bad move. Supercoach is trying to lure you at all the pretty offers on display but don't be fooled! you should have 1-2 defensive cheapies this year no more. 3 if you absolutly have to, but I feel if you have 3 then your ram jaming your team with premiums in unneccesary places. Forward line doesn't really have many 150-300k players too look out at, but you really don't want that many of those type of players in your team. There are a lot of 300-400k forward who you can take advantage of for instance hall, ziebell, dangerfield, murphy, medhurst. As for the cheapies in the back line out of those players I'd like to see you have Malceski and Hunt, I don't think Ladson is going to be a fantastic pick up, and move Waters to your bench with Maguire as they seem to be the only players on the bench that are going to get games.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  Talking Head Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:33 pm

What can I say DoP, I'm a sucker for (what seems like) a good deal and a punt. But thank you for putting things in perspective- My forwards are overloaded and need some downgrading whilst Hunt or Ladson need some upgrading.

I tend to disagree with you about Ladson though, think he might be a better pick up than Hunt. Would be interested to hear your views about why one is better than the other. Also, i reckon Waters is a tad too expensive for the bench, it's either take the punt and have him on the ground or not at all.

You're completely right about the 300-400k forwards, I've had all of them in my team at some point! I've gone right off Murphy and Medhurst though, possibly due to reading Roach's 'sucker players'.
Talking Head
Talking Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Ladson does well when Hawthorn do well, don't think they are going to reach the heights that saw him averaging 90's. Hunt will be in their best 22 and I think will make a successful comeback into the Geelong squad, and with Geelong sharing the ball a lot and Hunt with his long kicking boot of half back, I think he will do well. Plus he is absolutly massive, have you seen his calves?
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:42 am

I have Waite, Mal, Hunt, and Ladson at back 4,5,6,7 (Enright, Shaw, Hodge 1,2,3). I dont consider this a risk unless any of them arnt named rd 1 in which case if Waite does not get up Maguire may have to get a game off the bench, but I will definately keep Waite until he is right, if any of the other look to not get a game any time soon Waters goes in at a straight swap.

If you think about it having Ladson at no.7 is an awesome spot to be in I recon

I have started Goddard in the guts and plan to use the MPP rule as well if Ladson dont start to utilise a good rookie mid bench. Then also use the MPP rule to upgrede Ladson in the mids to a falling mid premium. Thus either way Goddard finishes in the Backs where he should be.

All risks we have to take in this game to have GAJ in the team!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:29 am

3 players in one line coming back from knee injury.- much too risky for me.

Lots of people have malceski which is fine but he is the perfect reason why you shouldn't have waite, ladson and hunt in the same backline. Took over a year to come back from that knee injury.

Much rather Kenelly - underpriced but not because of injury, because he was playing in ireland. better pick than one of those.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:26 am

I had full confidence when I had an ACL after 12 months Mals was a new proceedure wasn't it and I recon it might have been more in Mals head with confidence, I know its risky and you may be right 3 is too much for you Fatcat to handle but thay would not be running around in the NAB matches unless nearing full strength in the knees, I have not settled on this yet as Im still considering Waters, Kennelly and even Shoenmakers but compare those to those injured at full flight, theres your advantage
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down