Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still can't decide on my 2nd ruck...help please

3 posters

Go down

Still can't decide on my 2nd ruck...help please Empty Still can't decide on my 2nd ruck...help please

Post  sovereign_72 Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:05 am

Hey guys. I have settled on Sandilands as my no.1 ruck but am still struggling to lock in my 2nd ruck. I feel that most of the expensive ruckmen are not quite worth it and think that there could be a few bargain cheap to midprcied ruckmen.

I have narrowed it down to the following and have my own comments and opinions about them.

Tippett (425,900) - Had him pencilled in for the last week or so but am still worried about his inconsistency. Could take the next step but then could still be up and down. I figure if he fluctuates like he did last year I might as well risk it with a cheaper option. However I was going to utilise Tippett as a MPP so that does make him quite attractive.

Kreuzer (421,100) - My biggest worry about Kruze is that he could spend a fair bit of time trying to play as the "go to" full forward with no Fev. If that is the case I again think inconsistency will be the worry.

Hille (311,300) - Was pretty much a first choice ruck before he did his knee but I always worry about coming back from a knee, especially with the big fellas.

Naitinui (304,900) - Promises the world this year, but will he get the 2nd year blues? Still doesnt strike me as Mr. Consistent either.

Seaby (287,900) - Potentially Sydney's No.1 ruck this year which should mean lots of games and time. I think he will average 70 - 85 but is that enough for your 2nd ruck.

Renouf (249,600) - Suddenly into calculations purely because the Hawks have no one else.

So there are my 6 considerations at this stage. Not too sure what everyone else thinks or if you can give me some ideas which way you are going but would love to hear any advice that anyone has.

Cheers.

sovereign_72

Back to top Go down

Still can't decide on my 2nd ruck...help please Empty Re: Still can't decide on my 2nd ruck...help please

Post  wardie Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:16 am

I currently have TIPPET as my second ruck option and am sort of thinking the same as you. I feel that there is a lot of value in the others in the 250-400k price range. I am thinking of downgrading TIPPET to a SEABY/LUENBERGER/NAT price player and using the 125k to upgrade TRENGROVE who is currently starting in my mids to a players such as WALKER/COTCHIN...

I definatly think that the upgrade of the mid + addition of a 2nd string ruckman will equal more points that TIPPET was able to get, when you think about it all the players have to do is average 70 each and we are in front. I assume that is the same thing that you are thinking?

Question now comes back to who is the best of the 250-400k ruckmen. I personally think that LUENBERGER @ 245k is a bargin especially now that CHARMAN is injured again so they will play him every week to assist CLARK in the ruck duty.

SEABY however playing in a team with plenty of stoppages and the potential to rest forward with the loss of HALL and now obvious replacement outside of BRADSHAW and with a price tag under 300k he should be an obvious improver, only downfall is that the swans have spend over 300k per year to get MUMFORD up there so is he going to be played in front of SEABY??

Don't like KRUZ at all, he may play forward with WARNOCK being fit and he is not the type to kick 5 goals and rack up 100+ points consistantly which is what you would hope out of a 400k plus player.

If you like hill he may be worth the punt as other that RYDER he has not got much competition, he also has the no LOYD and LUCAS thing going for him in the sense that he should rest forward rather than bench with NEAGLE not sticking his hand up yet and no other power forward on the scene.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Still can't decide on my 2nd ruck...help please Empty Re: Still can't decide on my 2nd ruck...help please

Post  Defeater of pear Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:59 am

I believe if you are going for the 250-400 k nic nat is the go. Will share ruck duties with cox and we know what a match winner he is. Has been labelled inconsistent, fair enough but he has only played 10 games how many players have played 10 games and been consistent straight away. May get the occasional 50 or less but I believe with his intense pressure and 2nd and 3rd efforts they will be limited. Tackles combined with free kicks for are a great combo in sc so I believe he will be more consistent this year. He isn't injury prone and is extremely athletic and young so even if he does pick up an injury there will be minimal time out. Most likely to play the 22 in the price bracket. Players like hille and Charman and such are coming off injuries and I don't believe they are worth it. Also he is capable of that MASSIVE score so if your in it for the long run (overall position) his average will be pretty good, whenever he does get the points. If your in league maybe you would want wait mid-season to trade him off when he has risen in value.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down