Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

midfielders

4 posters

Go down

midfielders Empty midfielders

Post  mattybomb22 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:24 am

Whats a good mid around 500k. I know lots of people have cooney but who else. also does anyone think boak could do well?
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

midfielders Empty Re: midfielders

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:47 am

If you can afford Bernie Vince at $519k he would be handy. Otherwise i would go Cooney. Everything in between i wouldn't touch.

EDIT: Also Matty don't get too caught up with trying to have different players to everyone else. Generally people take guys like Cooney because they offer good value. If you deliberately avoid him because others have him then you are just causing yourself to miss out on that value.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 am

Sorry I forgot to say I also have cooney already
Any ideas on boak
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Not a fan of Boak Matty, Can you afford Vince? post up your team for us mate and let me know what cash you have Smile
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 am

you got black and power but they are ageing a bit.
maybe stanton but more suited to dt.
i have sherman in that price bracket. an x factor but a little inconsistent.
brad green looks good at 450k if you want.
boak's an option and show be better since burgoyne left. but might also get a tag if pearce isn't.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 am

midfielders T10

85000 in the kitty. Was thinking to downgrade gbbs or sellwood to a 500k and upgrade waters
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

Thats a solid enough team even though its very "mid price" strategy which i'm not a fan of. I would suggest you dont have enough rookies therefore your cash making ability is limited as your mid pricers are not going to spike up enough like rookies do. And the flip side is i reckon you are 1 or 2 guns short. This is only my opinion and i run a full on "guns and rookies" strategy which is higher risk so you dont have to listen to me but here is a suggestion that may help without steering you too much away from your strategy Matty.

Downgrade Masten to another rookie as you only have 1 playing rookie in the MIDs and most people will run minimum of 2. MID is where all the good rookies are this year so you need to take advantage of that. 2 on the field and 2 on the bench will give you 4 very juicy cash cows who will also score for you. Look at downgrading Masten to say a Trengrove or Shuey which will free up about 170k.

with your 170k plus your $85k in the kitty you now have $255k to play with. Use this to upgrade either Hurn, Mackie or Gram to Enright or Goddard and also GIA, Tippet or Waite to Riewoldt.

Personally i would go Mackie to Enright and GIA to Riewoldt.

This will give you an absolute premium in each position and will strengthen your team but also opening up more cash opportunities with the extra rookie. Let me know what you decide.

By the way keep a keen eye on Waite...
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm

I just saw another option.

If you downgraded Masten to Shuey because he is cheaper (than say Trengrove) you would have more cash ($330k) and could then do these 3 upgrades.

Hurn to Goddard - $117k Difference
Mackie to H.Shaw - $82k Difference
GIA to ROK - $126k Difference

This would turn 4 hopefulls - Hurn, Mackie, Masten and Gia (although Hurn might be better than hopeful though not convinced) into 3 premiums and 1 rookie. You could also just go Mackie to Goddard and Gia to ROK and keep Hurn instead of Shaw....

Let me know what you come up with Matty..
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 am

have to agree with bonnie on the two many mid prices here (happening a lot lately, stop making so much sense bonnie).

I had a look at your team and found myself scratching my head trying to work out why you didn't have more money left given you're definitely a few premiums short.

I'd look at picking up another rookie mid for selwood or gibbs (i would swap gablett but that might not be a popular move on here but its what i would do)

then upgrade the likes of mackie or gram as well tippet (don't get hung up on this MPP thin with Lobbe, doesn't look like Lobbe will get much of a run with Port likely to use Westhoff in a Clark type smaller mobile ruckman role.)

maybe downgrade henderson to Ballantyne or a player like matt campbell (in the mids this year). Henderson will struggle big time this year, yes he looked ok last game but that was against a second year 3rd forward playing key backman.

Also might be able to upgrade davis to a Malceski or Hunt then as well.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum