Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAPTAIN NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY SEEM

+4
The Wulf
Rival
Dav
Harvey_29
8 posters

Go down

CAPTAIN NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY SEEM Empty CAPTAIN NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY SEEM

Post  Harvey_29 Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:57 am

i have based my theory on simple mathematics...

for example...im sick to death of people saying oh shit if only i had "A" captain who scored 200 then "B" who scored 50..i wouldve scored an extra 300 points

Well, this is not the case

Lets use Ablett (A) and Judd (J) for example

Ablett(A) in round 11 scores 150
Judd(J) in round 11 scores 100

If i make Ablett (A) captain this would mean i get the 2xA+J which is 2 x 150 + 100= 400

If i make Judd (J) captain this would mean i get the 2xA+J which is 2 x 100 + 150 = 350

This shows that when tossing up for a captain choice, its not as important as everyone thinks...the amount of points you have missed out on is only the difference between the ORIGINAL values of the 2 players, not the difference after you double the captains points

Any questions please reply...

Harvey_29

Back to top Go down

CAPTAIN NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY SEEM Empty Re: CAPTAIN NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY SEEM

Post  Dav Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:59 am

Good point Harvey - however it is important to choose the right captain, can be the difference between winning & losing a game in your league. I have won 2 games this year by less than 40 points simply because I had Ablett as captain, my opponent did not.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

CAPTAIN NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY SEEM Empty Re: CAPTAIN NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY SEEM

Post  Rival Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 am

thaTS true its all extra points and as dav said it can be the difference between a W or a L . ABlett just seem a 2 obvious choice if you have him
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post  Harvey_29 Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:49 am

i know captain choice is still pretty crucial just giving a heads up about what actually happens

Harvey_29

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:13 pm

yep theory is very sound harvey. I have agreed to this for ages, too many people get hung up on captains, if you have an ace team, 50 points doesn't mean much
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:20 am

yes thats true but what if judd gets 70 and ablett gets 150. That could be the difference between winning and losing
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 am

A capts choice will always be a factor with the difference between winning and loosing. It will be more so if Ablett was not a choice we had.
At the moment if you don't have ablett it takes more 'work' or skill or luck to decide who is going to be your capt. You need to factor in who is in your team where, and what team those players are playing, and who maybe manned up on them.

That is why Ablett is the permacaptain. You'd be mad if you have ablett in your team and didn't make him capt - sure there are some weeks where other players may score more than him - but would you take that chance?

Both games I've lost this year have been by 42 and 26, and the first one was when Ablett was out.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Harvey, while I see where you are coming from, your theory is wrong in that (using your example 2xA + J, etc) sure in total you would lose only 50 points, but your opponent would then gain that 50 points, therefore becoming a 100 point difference effectively which is quite abit to make up.

Like in footy, a shot for goal goes astray, lands in opponents hands, in 20 secs they kick a goal, that's a 2 goal difference.

Your theory is good only if going for overall score and not for winning games as you havent taken into account the team you are versing and I really hate trying to make up 100 points Sad Hence Ablett is my perma captain, even with Judd in the side Razz

::EDIT:: BTW Roach love the site!

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:03 am

Great call mate... i agree with the 100 point turn around. Captian in this game can mean i difference between a win or a loss. It's very important your captian can average around 130 per week anything less your running risk of losing your league round.

Cheers Boys

Rochie
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harvey_29 Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:36 am

Ah k maybe that is why, because i play for overall ranking...not league wins/losses

Harvey_29

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:59 am

Harvey_29 i think i said earlyer in the post your point is very valid.... Smile which is great so i think you should still stick by your point.

As you said it just depends what you play for.

1.League

2. Overall

Really enjoyed reading the post guys, nice topic.

Cheers The Roach
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rival Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:13 am

Surely you play for league aswell Harvey?
You do not care if you win week to week ?
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post  Harvey_29 Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:08 am

Nope, im in 3 full leagues with friends...i reckon only your overall ranking shows how good you are the game, its a great indicator unlike league wins/losses.

For example im 500th overall and in one of my leagues i am 7th and i am the highest scorer in that league by a very long way

I just like playing the game to see how good i am in reference to overall standards

Harvey_29

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Harvey_29 wrote:Nope, im in 3 full leagues with friends...i reckon only your overall ranking shows how good you are the game, its a great indicator unlike league wins/losses.

For example im 500th overall and in one of my leagues i am 7th and i am the highest scorer in that league by a very long way

I just like playing the game to see how good i am in reference to overall standards

Never really looked at the 'overall' that closely.....usually too focused on my own league!

But yeah see where you're coming from in that aspect.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down