Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruckman.......

4 posters

Go down

Ruckman....... Empty Ruckman.......

Post  wardie Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 am

I know this topic has been done before guys so don't shoot me down. I am looking at starting a cheap ruck with SANDI. Currently i have LUENBURG in the ruck and i really think he is going to have a break out season. He was touted as the next COX two seasons ago then had a horror run with injuries. With an older ruck brigade, barring CLARKE who will be a lot more forward with some help in the ruck this season i seeing him being able to average about 60-70 this season which for the price it will be a great result.

Is there a better option than him? at only $245k i see him as a steal with the possibility of allowing him to be upgraded to a more senior ruckman later in the season.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Ruckman....... Empty Re: Ruckman.......

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:23 am

Rucks are always a minefield. I dont like the idea of going cheap for your number 2 spot. I would strongly advise you get two good rucks that you can lock and leave. I would certainly stay away from any Brissie rucks as who knows what is going to happen up there with roles.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:50 am

The only way i can get a better ruckman that i see is to downgrade one of GAJ or SWAN... I think with Warnock as a backup ruck this year there is a lot more confidence in the ruck stocks. Along with the ability for MPP which by having TIPPET in my forward half should allow for more cover.

I know it is always going to be one of those calls that could backfire. Only problem i have is that should LUENBERGER go down or get dropped there will more than likley not be anyone else in that price bracket that i will be able to afford. One to think a little more about i think.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:59 am

You could always downgrade Swan to say NDS or Pendles and use the extra $100+k to get Hille, Nicnat or Kruezer if you can afford him.

Look using Luen as your second ruck could work but the odds are stacked against you. It is a pain in the ass to have to burn a trade on a ruck during the season when there are so many DEF, MID and FWD players begging to be traded into your team.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:21 am

spot on from bonnie on this one.

while i think Leuenberger will be a good player what are you actually buying?

young ruckman that hasn't played a full season ever, coming back from not only a major knee injury but also a infection which resulted in him losing something like 15 kgs last year.

I would want to see an ok year from him before jumping on. Historically he hasn't been a massive posession winner and will take some time to get confidence in his body again. We saw it last year with malceski how long it can take a player to get confidence in their bodies after injuries.

Two decent rucks is a must for me personally, its not an area you want to make upgrade trades in, only injuries. Save those upgrade trades for all those juicy midfielders and forwards during their dips in price
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:05 am

if you need a cheap ruckman maybe seaby. forget his round 2 nab cup game. he is a durable player and should play all 22 games for the swans (likely as number 1 ruck). he is a type of ruck who will suit sydney's game plan (look at jolly last year) and can go forward and kick a few goals which they need.

leu is unproven to risk in the rucks. seaby ain't a massive scorer but will play 22 bar injury and should raise his average and price.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum