Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alfie's Allstars

4 posters

Go down

Alfie's Allstars Empty Alfie's Allstars

Post  alfie Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:26 am

Hi All,

Would be great to receive feedback on my team so far. Positive, negative and interesting thoughts welcome!

B: Goddard, Hodge, Waite, Kennelly, J Hunt, Ladson, Waters (Sheppard, Maguire)

M: Ablett, Gibbs, Vince, Armitage, Masten, Jetta (Barlow, Shuey)

R: Sandilands, Kreuzer (R Warnock, Lobbe)

F: Chapman, Riewoldt, Higgins, Franklin, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Posdiadly (Rockliff, Gumbleton)

A couple of things about it:
- I have taken some real risks in the backline by selecting 4 players coming back from injury as starters but am hoping that if they all play consistently which I think they will, they will increase in price and a couple may even be keepers.

- Have tried to go with rookies that have had previous senior experience as they appear cheaper than 1st rookies.

- Will wait with Barlow and Podds to see if they get the spots on their senior teams before finalising their spots.

alfie

Location : Anywhere beside a river with a fishing rod and a beer!

Back to top Go down

Alfie's Allstars Empty Re: Alfie's Allstars

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 am

Too many mid tier hopefuls for my liking. The basis of the team is ok but yeah you are hoping that Kenelly, Waite, Hunt, Ladson, Waters, Armitage, Masten, Dangerfield, Ziebell produce good scores. You need to cut a couple of them out and pull in a couple of A-graders in my opinion.

I would downgrade either Armitage or Masten to a Trengrove and then use the extra coin to upgrade Hunt, Waite or Ladson to a Shaw or Enright.

As enticing as the Mid rangers are you need to limit how many you have as they cost you trades to upgrade them down the track if they dont turn into keepers. You have nine players there that are definitely not keepers but maybe 4 of them might become keepers. You have 10 keepers already barring tragedy in Goddard, Hodge, Ablett, Gibbs, Vince, Sandilands, Chapman, Riewoldt, Higgins and Franklin. In my opinion you need at least 12 starting keepers, allow for 4 of your mid rangers to become keepers and that gives you 16 keepers. You will then burn 12 trades getting another 6 keepers by round 18. This leaves you with 8 trades for injuries and under-performers.

The way you are sitting you will have 10 keepers + 4 mid improvers becoming keepers leaves you with 14 keepers. You will the burn 16 trades to get 8 more keepers leaving you only 4 trades for injuries / under-performers. Not enough in my opinion.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:04 am

what bonnie said Smile
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:00 am

Hi Alfie,
agree with bonnie bout downgrading a midfield mid pricer.

the 4 risks in the backline seem 1 too many. maybe use the cash if you make the downgrade above to upgrade at least 1 of them.

Higgins and chappy up forward could prove either a genius move or a very risky move. both very injury prone and could miss some games during the year. would change chappy to either ROK or goodes (both start of slow but are guns and are very durable).
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:41 am

Hi alfie! You have a great team! Would you like to play in my league? The
code is 872020. Have fun making your team! See ya there. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 am

i agree with bonnie

Back to top Go down

Alfie's Allstars Empty Alfie's Alltsars

Post  alfie Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 am

Thanks heaps for all the comments. Have made some of the changes as suggested.

Have jumped in to your leage Charlo...

Cheers and Good Luck to all during the season. Laughing

alfie

Location : Anywhere beside a river with a fishing rod and a beer!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum