Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roach i need your help!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Roach i need your help!!!! Empty Roach i need your help!!!!

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:11 am

Roach i need your help!!!! Team10

I have 7 trades remaining and 200K in the bank.

I am not looking at winning the comp but i just want to stay in touch in my league (currently 3rd).

As you can see i have major problems in the backline with Hodge out, Cornes out, Gilbert 50/50, Greenwood a chance to get dropped, Hurley injured.

Midfield is going ok.

Forwards need to lift but they are capable.

I can either burn trades and get rid of Cornes or i can try and carry Cornes, Hodge, Hurley and Gilbert for a few weeks and hopefully only suffer 1 or 2 losses in my league.

Muston is a must have so i think i am going to trade our Rich for Muston to earn an extra 270k giving me a total of $470k in the bank to make sure my last 6 trades count.

If i do that and then in a perfect world Cornes and Hodge get back and i dont get too many other injuries i should have 6 trades plus $470k to upgrade Mitch Brown in the forward line, Beau Muston in the midfield and Hooker in Defence. That should give me a reasonale starting 22 with benchies that play in all areas except ruck.

Thoughts?
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Roach i need your help!!!! Empty Re: Roach i need your help!!!!

Post  The Roach Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey mate... Just had a quick scan over your team and it look pretty solid. As you mention your backline is struggling but like most teams this season that is the case so i wouldn't be to disheartened!

Now firstly if going for your league win it's important to look at your opponents team each week. For example if your opponent has Chad Cornes then he is most likely to make a trade also. Or if you feel he has a better starting line up then you then it might be the right time to trade. If not and your playing one of the weaker sides then i highly recommend to save your trades for those big games to come later on!

So in saying that heres our options

Trading Chad Cornes - If your looking to do this option i would look at brining in a gun player to consolidate your backline. by doing this you are filling one player with a "must have" that will finish the year off strongly. The picks for me would be J.Drummond (most likely the best), C.Newman or T.Lockyer (see rochies trade room for more answers)

For option 2 we can think about not trading and hoping our start Cornes and Hodge come back playing fully fit. This option is much more risky as we don't quite know how well they will perform back from injury. Also Chad being out for 4 is a while and possibley taking at least 2 extra weeks to hit great form again! Rochie recommend trade him out if you can.

It all come down to personal opinion, but to stay at that top 3 spot i would most likely recommend burning the trade..... but only if it's for someone earning big number E.g Drummond Smile

Cheers The Roach
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Hey Roachy, Thanks for the advice mate. I ended up trading Rich for Muston as that will help me finish off my midfield with a premium near the end of the year.

I also traded Cornes out for Goddard so i now have $375k in the bank with 5 trades left. Sounds tight but i have a pretty solid lineup now especially with Hodge back. All i need to do is get Gilbert back from injury then upgrade Hooker, Muston and Mitch brown to premiums and hope i dont get many long term injuries Smile
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Goddard is an excelent pick mate. I missed while looking at your team that your team didn't have him. Other wise he would of been first recommend so great choice there...

Also rich to muston is great as it will keep you in good stead for the rest of the year.

Now with 5 trades you can use them to pick up guns on every lines

Cheers mate

The Roach
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:47 am

Yeah thanks roachy, I am gonna sit tight with trades now and even wear some injuries and losses if i have to. Wait till Muston, Collins, Hurley, M.Brown all peak and then look to do a couple of premium upgrades.

One player i have my eye on is Brent Harvey on return. With a break even of 125 we should get a look at him in his first game back and if he looks good he could be a great late season trade to slot right into my forward line to replace Mitch Brown..

Anyway i will let you know how i go this week.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down