Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rookie Mids - who are we still on??

4 posters

Go down

Rookie Mids - who are we still on?? Empty Rookie Mids - who are we still on??

Post  wardie Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:34 am

Now that most if not all of the rookie mids have played are we all still thinking that the best ones are going to be:
MARTIN (must have)
TRENGROVE (??)
SKULLY (??)
MORABITO (??)
SHUEY (??)
BASTANIC (hasn't played so we can't comment)

Any others we had penciled in? I think it has been thrown wide open to a couple of bolters becoming starters or do we start to broaden our views and get some of the 300-400k players and downgrade elsewhere.

Likes of MASTEN, WALKER, GREENWOOD, GARLET, PALMER, COTCHIN, McVEIGH ect... all looking like they will be solid contributers to their sides and way be more solid choices than some that we have currently.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Rookie Mids - who are we still on?? Empty Re: Rookie Mids - who are we still on??

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 am

Michael Barlow from Fremantle could be steal of the season. He is a big chance of being elevated after Solomon retired. He racked up 29 possessions and 86% efficiency to score 91 points against Melbourne on the weekend. At $111,000 he will be awesome if he gets elevated.

For me Martin, Scully and Trengrove are all mid rookies who will play from round 1 and should get at least 15 games each making them absolute lock ins. The jury is out on Morabito. Bastinac, Shuey and Melksham are rookies who will probably play between 6 and 12 games so could be handy. Jetta from Sydney could be a ripper.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Rookie Mids - who are we still on?? Empty Re: Rookie Mids - who are we still on??

Post  wardie Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 am

Exactly right on Barlow, played against him in the VFL and he is a star who should have been taken well before now. In an emerging midfield he should be able to play most games, along with C.PEARCE and of course JETTA who we all now have in our team i think!
They were defiantly the standouts of the weekend.

Are they all good enough to take starting roles in our teams tho??

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:19 am

Yeah thats the big question Wardie. I believe there will be at least 5 very good rookie midfielders that will play from round one. For me i am happy to run the risk of having three of them on the field and two on the bench. It may burn me but it also allows me to load up on guns in the other positions.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 am

will definately be looking at Jetta, provides good outside run to a side lacking it.

Martin is a lock. Think Trengrove will still be a good one, remember rich struggled a bit last year in the first few pre-season games.

was never that keen on Morabito or Scully. I'd still wait to see cunnington in action before the start of the season. Could still be a good pickup if he's fine after his injury.

of the others I think Melsham, Colyer, Lucas could be downgrade targets into the season.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:50 am

colyer split webbing in his hand and had to have surgery on it. no set date in a return i think

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:04 am

I'm on martin and trengove as certains.
throwing up between mora, scully and cunnington but not sure just yet. i dont read much into nab cup scores. any thoughts?

for the benchies thinking about bastinac, jetta, barlow and maybe banner. banner had a good game against the crows and might feature early in the rebuilding midfield down at port.

gonna be hard picking the right rookies this year in the mids.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down