Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which mid would suit me best??

+3
Antman
tony8210
wardie
7 posters

Go down

Which mid would suit me best?? Empty Which mid would suit me best??

Post  wardie Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:24 am

I have enough $$ to get any midfielder i want to add to the groups of:

GAJ, WALKER, TRENGROVE, MARTIN, MORABITO, SHUEY, BASTINAC.

Currently have BARTEL and leaves me with 90k in bank but would it be better to spend the $$ and get a SWAN/JUDD/NDS/MONTAGNA/CHAPPY??

Personally i think BARTEL will have a strong year and he is super consistant for the price he is. Great value IMO.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Which mid would suit me best?? Empty Re: Which mid would suit me best??

Post  tony8210 Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 am

Im in the same sort of predicament and have NDS pencilled in ATM
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Antman Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:33 am

Wardie I would be looking at swan or joey montagna judd would be here if he wasn't susp for first 3 rounds but I have nds in my team at the moment
Antman
Antman

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:40 am

I am not sold on NDS as he battles to cope with a tag. Joey would be a better option i think but at the price he is VERY expensive. Any thoughts on DIDS, i know he is a goal kicker and at only $558k he might be an 'x' factor as not many wil chose him and he proved last year he is capable of MASSIVE scores and doing them in bunches.

Other positive about collingwood players is that they rotate through mis so frequently that they get the opportunity to kick goals.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 am

the thing that puts me off dids is that ball has come in. with ball in davis or didak will have to play in the forward pocket. better scorers out there than dids and if you want him maybe slot him into the forward line somewhere.

i like the looks of dal on past form. 4 of the last 5 years around a 115 average (top of 123) and 08 was 103 i think. can't handle the tag but with hayes and joey there might not get the tag most games.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:05 am

very true forgot about BALL'S inclusion. Just trying to think outside the square and include some players that others may not have because it just seems that we will all have the same team, more or less. Steering clear of premiums that play for lower sides, i.e. LIDS, WATSON, COUSINS, BRUCE ect...

Other option is to take a COONEY type (price i mean) and use the cash saved to make upgrades elsewhere. I can see COONEY having a great year and he will prop only average 10 points less than say a NDS or BARTEL. that 100k you save will probably allow you to pick up these 10 points in another position?

Would probably allow me to upgrade BUDDY or GIA to ROO... Might be worth the saving.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 am

i tried to think outside the square for you but only came up with joel selwood and joel corey..which are great value to any team!! Wink averages of 110 and 107 respectively
Linkster
Linkster

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Bryce Gibbs for me, with judd and murphy he may never get a tag and averaged 107.5 in his SECOND year. He is an absolute star playing all 22 games last year and coming 12th in the total points of all midfielders. A star who will only rise, leave him out at your own risk (I love NicNat)

Last edited by Defeater of pear on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  Pearman Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:35 pm

NEVER GET TAGGED??????? of course he will get tagged but he is possibly the greatest player of all time so he will cope with the tag.
Pearman
Pearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Ok it didn't come out right, I don't believe he will get a no1 tagger with Judd and Murphy there, more a run off midfielder to try and make him accountable. A tag on Gibbs is pointless anyway because he is such a genius fantastic player.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  Pearman Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:47 pm

lol. THATS RIGHT!!
Pearman
Pearman

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Think someone may have a small crush! Smile Thanks for the feedback guys, Starting to lean towards to the Cooney price range and upgrading someone else to a premium. Will leave me with about 200k in bank if i do that.

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum