Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancel Round 19!

+3
Damo
bonnie doon thirds
Dav
7 posters

Go down

Cancel Round 19! Empty Cancel Round 19!

Post  Dav Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:00 am

Any chance that we can get the boffins at Supercoach headquarters to cancel round 19 with all the quality players that are out this round Question I know it is impossible but I truely believe that this round is not going to be a true reflection as to who has the better team will win & what is so annoying is that it has happened for the first week of the supercoach finals. I use myself as an example - gone through undefeated, 2 games clear of 2nd. Guy I am playing I thrashed by over 300 points 3 rounds ago. He has made only 1 change to his team since then- Higgins to Buddy, he has one trade left ( which he will now use after seeing the carnage to my team). I have made 1 trade since then. Cox to Sandilands. Even though I have 5 of my backups playing to cover the carnage I still go in 2 short. He is 1 short but has only 1 cat -GAJ & no saints in his team. Now to me any decent team will have at least 3 or 4 cats & 3 or 4 saints given they are clearly the best 2 teams in the comp. I have 5 cats ( 2 playing this week GAJ & Enright) & 4 saints ( 1 playing- Gram). Very frustrating as I am almost resigned to losing to a team who I think is ordinary at best Twisted Evil
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Cancel Round 19! Empty Re: Cancel Round 19!

Post  bonnie doon thirds Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:36 am

Yeah i agree Dav. Fortunately in my main league i am playing 2nd and he has a "good" team so he is smashed like i am this week. In my other league i am playing a guy who is 8th and has a sh**t team. He has not got one player who is out....
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Damo Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:38 am

It's ugly isn't it Dav?

I reckon I'm playing the only guy in the comp not to be affected by the changes affraid (although he might lose RoK, fingers crossed). I'm down Roo, Goddard, Grimes, Hooker & Bally this week with maybe NDS and Stevie J to come.

Not enough cover so I'm every chance to lose my final (I'm 5th he's 8th).

It's a bit rough but what can you do? I'm now just wishing I had got on the Hawks when they were paying $3!! that would have softened the blow.

Damo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:14 am

Pathetic - now Drummond maybe out, making it 8 it total. Guess what- my opponent does not have him either. Just insane Evil or Very Mad
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Rival Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:20 am

times like these we are glad we have the double chance !

god knows wot next week will bring tho!
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:37 am

i'm holding on tight now. used up my last 2 trades. dowler out for rioli in the forwards for cover this week (and replace kosi when Roo gets back) and hooker out for drummond. Now i hear drummo might be out. Why does this happen to me. And stevie j and selwood might be out!!!!!!!!!
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Probably the worst week of Supercoach for me ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:36 am

This may be a way out there conspiracy theory, but does anyone else think the power of Fantasy Footy effect AFL and some descisions and media reports that are generated!

Think about it, there are more than 1/2 a million people hooked on Fantasy footy, rumours and media reports flying around about nearly all fantasy specific players, an AFL team that pulls all of its fantasy (and real) guns first week of Fantasy Finals.

How many hits do the media (ALF.com, Herald) and Fantasy web sites get a day now!

All over a competition thats free to join but hooks you in the gills. One could say Fantasy has outstripped real footy. Hands up who barracks for players now instead of teams, guilty!!!!!

My other theory is that both the Cats and Saints have conspired to get more Victorian teams into finals! Forgive me as I am born and bred South Australian Very Happy

Dont howl me down its just a conspiracy theory!
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:21 am

Think your onto something tony. st kilda said they weren't going to rest anybody but rest people after a swans game (and not the cats game a few weeks before). I bet you almost all the saints guys have a supercoach team and did this to screw up everybody else.
i hope hawks lose this week. if they win, i have to hear it from 4 hawks supporters from my family and friends.

We should start a conspiracy theory thread in general footy chat tony.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:30 am

Dom- here is what Ross Lyon said on Geelong resting players a few weeks back: " I think it is disrespectful to the other teams and the competition. You've got to understand that if you're off two or three percent in any game, you're going to lose that game."What a hypocrite. There is some merit in your theory Tony. Maybe it is just a coincidence that is happened 1st week of supercoach finals who really knows. Also bear in mind the saints played the swans last week & with the style of game Sydney play it is very taxing. Most teams are sore the next week after playing them so the saints probably thought this is the perfect chance to rest our guns a month before the finals to freshen them up
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down