Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVERALL RANKING

+7
The Wulf
mattybomb22
fatcat
Dav
clackerz
bonnie doon thirds
willim
11 posters

Go down

OVERALL RANKING Empty OVERALL RANKING

Post  willim Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:37 am

hows everyone going?
i'm 286th overall but because for some reason the captain button didnt click at the start of the season i missed out on some big games by ablett
and i figured out the otherday id be in the top 20. but o well im happy where i am for a first year
willim
willim

Back to top Go down

OVERALL RANKING Empty Re: OVERALL RANKING

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:08 am

182, But i am starting to struggle for trades and i also have Cox, Goodwin and Stevie J out.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:26 am

We'll I'm not going to say - esp against you guys!
Let's just say that the only way is up!
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 am

Slipped from 50 to 122- not happy Jan. Drummond, Cox not playing is hurting me big time last few weeks with backups not playing on each line. Then Stevie J late withdrawl caused another donut in the forwards - have Pav sitting there injured, Walker dropped. Trying to save trades for finals as getting low, feel overall top 10 out of reach now unless the big guns are back this week & stay on the park.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:40 pm

well you're all doing better than me. i'm only 4,899 but as always the league is my focus and have come down over 15,000 places in the last 3-4 weeks as my upgrades start to click into gear. Had a slow start given the fact that i only choose 3-4 players over $500,000 each year. made the mistake in my first year of going with too many big names early and ran out of steam come finals. Haven't made the same mistake again. too much pride at stake in my league. If i lose i have to hear about it all cricket season from my team mates

might have to do two teams next year one for league and one for overall just to see how i would go if i shot for overall.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  mattybomb22 Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:31 am

I am happy with my ranking 5922 in my first year
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:00 pm

well struggling this year but only my second one i am 15,160

but doing very nicely in my league. I really think their are two ways to play thi game, overall and league what do you guys think?
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:36 am

Totally agree agreco. I was originally only trying to win my league but when my ranking went upto 22nd overall, I got a little carried away thinking I could win this- too many trades early, injuries have hurt big time,so now in a pickle. First year so learning alot. Still on top of league, saving trades so accepting inevitable slide down the overall rankings.
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:39 am

yeah to go for the overall win i think you have to pick a fair few premiums and then when you start running out of dough pick rookies who you think will score ok. Then basically you have to hope for not too many injuries and try to hold on till the end of the year. League is about starting with more mid range players who will go up or may become keepers eg the Hurns, Higgins, Adcocks, McMahons and building their value to bridge the premium gaps.

Also about keeping money in hand at the start in case your cash cows don't come through
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:45 am

Well in my second year in supercoach i am currently 16,719. I am resonably happy with that except i should of chosen ablett (still don't have him). At least i learned not to burn trades to quickly for next year. Injuries didn't hurt me at the start of the year but started a few weeks back. I'm probably going to stay in top 20,000 for the rest of the year hopefully and hope a few of my guys come back from injury.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 am

First yearer 7400 odd. Did well picking the good rookies from the start Otten, Rich, Ziebel, Danger, Hill. Also Mids in Skippy, Houlihan, Higgins, Adcock. But premiums from the start have let me down Buddy, Hodge, Pav, Bartell, Deludio as paid top price for them. 5 trades in the ruck was a lesson as well.

Injuries are hurting now, Cox Pav, Stevie J, Skippy, Warren, Adcock, Gilbee and the rest of my league are gaining as they do not have the standard Supercoach players, maybe its not so smart to do so much research Very Happy
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:07 pm

9,982 atm... As high as <4,000 but played last few weeks with many donuts (Stevie J, Pav, Ablett, Drummond, Cox to name a few) with only one to cover in forward as my bench selections were bad! (only had 1 cover in forward). But chose not to trade as I stupidly spent too many at the start of season due to bad rookie picks and some LTI's.

Made a few trades now and got good cover in Mid (anthony) and brought in Hurley (took 7th spot with hooker on bench as cover).

Gonna play with Cox donut till finals, as I have 3 % gaining games to finish the season and I am lock for top 4 in main league.

Going for League win

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:03 pm

up another 1200 places last week to about 3724 from memory
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  jazz Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:47 pm

i am either 36th or 38th, have been around 250-100 for most of the year. i dont expect to finish in the top 100, i am hoping for a top 500 finish (only 3 trades left cos of cox). i am in my 2nd year, i have played nrl dt for a few years so i am used to how to play the game, its harder in afl tho cos there is so many players to chose from, and there is like 6 times the people

jazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down