Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopefully it's settled..and my reasoning

3 posters

Go down

Hopefully it's settled..and my reasoning Empty Hopefully it's settled..and my reasoning

Post  sovereign_72 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 am

Backs: Goddard (vc) , Newman, Enright , H. Shaw, Hodge , Gilbee, Maguire (Webberly and Davis )

Mids: GAJ (c) , Pendles, Mitchell , Trengove , Martin, Barlow (Jetta and Shuey)

Rucks: Sandlands , Nic Nat ( Warnock and Skipper)

Forwards: Riewoldt , Pav , Franklin , Hall, Dangerfield , Ziebell , Rockliff (Hitchcock and Gumby)

OK so here is my thinking. The real value from the rookies is obviously the midfield so I think it is worth going with 3 in there. If there is going to be a Daniel Rich (Martin?) or a Greg Broughton (Barlow?) this year that is where it will come from. Rookies in any other position will only serve as cash cows to up trade later on.

That then leaves me with :
6 keepers (hopefully) in my backline with one "rookie" in play.
2 keepers in my rucks (I think I can go with Nic all year but may look at trading up later with extra cash)
3 keepers in the forward line with 3 possible keepers, and a pre-season star rookie

My bench will be filled with starters for round 1 and I think the 8 I have chosen are all very likely to start and get regular games. (At least enough for me to make money off)

My biggest drawback is only $1,500 in the bank.

Let me know what you think and how the team rates?

sovereign_72

Back to top Go down

Hopefully it's settled..and my reasoning Empty Re: Hopefully it's settled..and my reasoning

Post  Dom Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:17 am

Like the strategy soveriegn. The team is also pretty strong compared to a few i've seen.
backs look very solid.
mids: same rookies as me but have banner instead of jetta. premium choices top notch Very Happy .
rucks: i still don't see nicnat as a keeper. he might turn into one but i don't think being a second year player and inconsistent will cut it (for me).
forwards: looks good. hoping the mid pricers chosen (all popular) pay off for you. rockliff looks like he will play 10+ games but we don't know what voss is thinking. they already have 2 small forward/midfield type players in (polky and redden).

team looks very strong and looks like you are set for a big year Very Happy
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Hopefully it's settled..and my reasoning Empty Re: Hopefully it's settled..and my reasoning

Post  fatcat Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:40 am

very strong team, lack of cash is a bit of a concern. only thing i would do is maybe swap a prem in your backline for kenelley or hunt and get a bit of extra cash in case you need it.

At stages during the season you will have the opportunity to do a great upgrade, but getting a decent downtrade may be difficult, thats when a bit of cash comes in handy, saves a forced downgrade trade at the wrong time.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:05 am

very strong team, lack of cash is a bit of a concern! Agree with the idea!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down