Riewoldt Harvey Fevola Gumbleton Rockliff
Franklin Giansiracusa Hall Casboult

Any tips would be appreciated

tonto69er

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tonto69er's 1st team

Post  bonnie doon thirds on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:28 am

Welcome to the forums mate. I am going to be harsh to start with and then see what you come up with.

DEF: Maguire, Malceski, Ladson, M.Farmer all starting is asking for trouble. Not enough points power here.

MID: Your only 3 real premiums (Ablett, Sellwood and Bartel) are all Cats. Can work but i would change one to a Dal Santo or Pendlebury. Watson is not worth $540k imo. So many better options out there if you spend a bit more, even spend less and get Vince or Cooney maybe. I like Ziebell but personally i would have him forward and not in the MIDs.

RUCK: Good enough

FWD: Good enough.

You need to work out where and what rookies you want to start, I am starting 3 in the MIDs to avoid starting any in DEF and only one FWD as the MID ones are much better.

The way i would fix this team is like this: (it's just a suggestion) Trade Watson and Zeibell down to Trengrove and Scully. Upgrade Silvagni and Ladson to a Waite, H.Shaw, R.Shaw, Gram or someone like that. Upgrade Bartel to NDS.

You would then look like this:

DEF: Goddard Enright Hodge, H.Shaw, Waite, Malceski, Waters (Maguire, Farmer)

MID: Ablett, Dal Santo, Sellwood, Martin, Trengrove, Scully (Barlow, Moles)

RUCK: Clark, Natanui (Warnock, Prato)

FWD: Riewoldt, Harvey, Fevola, Franklin, Giansiracusa, Hall, Rockliff (Gumbleton, Casboult)

Look at it this way, What combo will give you more points and increase in value more?

1. Bartel, Watson, Zeibell, Silvagni and Ladson.

OR

2. Dal Santo, H.Shaw, Waite, Trengrove and Scully.

Also you should let us know how much cash you have left over Smile
bonnie doon thirds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:05 am

Hi tonto,
not a bad first up go.
i would upgrade 1 of maguire or farmer as having both as bonnie said, is asking for trouble. waters a little pricey to put on the bench. maybe maybe put him on field for one of them (again like bonnie said). beware of his injury past though.

mids look alright. if you want to use MPP rule then i would keep ziebell there incase. don't like the 3 cat mids there like bonnie. get somebody different for 1 of them. watson had one massive game which lifted his average a bit. he is a good player but fairly slow and has bad kicking accuracy which he has been trying to get better at. maybe downgrade him to a rookie (alot of them in the mids) to save 400k or so.

rucks: look good as long as clark remains a ruckman.

forwards: would put rockliff on field if named. has more potential to score bigger. FEV + FRANKLIN = ROLLERCOASTER. i personally don't like having more than 1 up and down player up forward. maybe look at pav or rok if you can find the cash or downgrade to robbie gray who looks great and moving to the mids if you want to trade one of them out for little more consistency.
Dom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:55 am

My one tip is like Dom kind of suggested GET RID OF FEV. New club, not sure how he will adjust with Brown there and when pav is 40k more with the consistency of an angel and won't average under 100 you have to take that. Find some money somehow and save yourself the stress and worry of Fev.
Defeater of pear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tonto69er on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:24 am

thanks guys for all the help, got a bit caught up in defense with so many cash prospects wiill take you advice into account and see what i come up with. At this time i have 17900 left in the bank

tonto69er

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tonto69er on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:38 am

Heres the new side

Goddard Enright H.Shaw Waters
Hodge Waite Malceski
INT: Maguire Silvagni

Ablett Dal Santo Selwood
Trengrove Martin Barlow
INT:Moles Bastinac

Clark Natanui
INT: Warnock Prato

Goodes Riewoldt Pavlich Rockliff
Franklin Hall Ziebell
INT: Gumbleton Casboult

Got 61500 in the bank

Gumbleton had a fairly good hitout today which excites me

tonto69er

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:16 am

Looks alot more steady now. Nice work Very Happy

Goodes looks uneasy at FF. i would trade him out for ROK or a 450k forward as goodes usually comes down in price. ROK also starts the year slowly, but usually plays up forward. now starts straight in the mids.
Dom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down